Author Topic: Skyrim: How immersed are you?  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Snufalufagus

• Earl
  • Renown: 320
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Snuffy, Snufalufagus, Sexy Cupid, Charlie_Sheen Sir Lord Gentleman Snuffy
  • IRC nick: Snufalufagus
Re: Skyrim: How immersed are you?
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2014, 12:58:17 pm »
this is an interesting mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19281/?

its more immersive because you have to approach every enemy very differently.
Im your imaginary friend...

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2014, 11:59:38 am »
this is an interesting mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19281/?

its more immersive because you have to approach every enemy very differently.

Ah yeah, Kafein mentioned it aswell, I still have to try it out but the description sounds pretty nice.  :)
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2014, 02:49:22 pm »
+1
Morrowloot is immersive in my opinion, because it stops NPCs from wearing the best armours when you are high level and it also limits the amount of good armours you will find. You will only find dwemer armour in Dwemer ruins, only orcs will wear Orcish armour, and there will be only one set of Daedric armour in the game, which you will have to find.

Credo isn't immersive with TES lore, but to me it's immersive with the Middle Ages.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2014, 03:07:39 pm »
+1
Morrowloot is immersive in my opinion, because it stops NPCs from wearing the best armours when you are high level and it also limits the amount of good armours you will find. You will only find dwemer armour in Dwemer ruins, only orcs will wear Orcish armour, and there will be only one set of Daedric armour in the game, which you will have to find.
Wow, nice! I am personally not a fan of the dwemer/dralic armor sets, they are just over the top imo but them being location bound is nice!

Credo isn't immersive with TES lore, but to me it's immersive with the Middle Ages.
Well Skyrim lore isnt a big deal anyways so this is awesome, this one ill surely install . (If only for the pot helmet with aventain!  :twisted:)

Also added an archive with mods that you guys put forward!

Who here uses a "more trees" mod? i do! The forests in skyrim are so empty..
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 03:28:57 pm by Joseph Porta »
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2014, 03:45:07 pm »
+1
I use Skyrim Flora Overhaul and Realistic Aspen Trees.

Don't forget to run Optimizer Textures (with this modified INI) after you've installed all texture mods!  :)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2014, 03:53:02 pm »
I use Skyrim Flora Overhaul and Realistic Aspen Trees.
The mod creator says that the fps drop ranges from -1 up to -20, do you notice this?

Don't forget to run Optimizer Textures (with this modified INI) after you've installed all texture mods!  :)
Does it reduce fps loss? If so I must have it
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 04:29:47 pm by Joseph Porta »

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2014, 04:42:51 pm »
+1
What optimizer textures program does is compress the textures so they are much smaller and in theory it should help with performance/crashes.

On top of that, if you want to improve stability of the game and visual quality, use Phinix Natural ENB, which is the one I use - you can use any other ENB that includes the latest ENB version, which comes with the features of ENBoost. And also install Safety Load and SSME (or the latest SKSE alpha which includes the features of SSME).

And yes, SFO can hurt framerate depending on your rig, although I barely notice any drops in my game.

I explained the process of modding Skyrim as well as I could in this post, although the "mods I use" section is a bit outdated.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2014, 04:51:55 pm »
What optimizer textures program does is compress the textures so they are much smaller and in theory it should help with performance/crashes.

On top of that, if you want to improve stability of the game and visual quality, use Phinix Natural ENB, which is the one I use - you can use any other ENB that includes the latest ENB version, which comes with the features of ENBoost. And also install Safety Load and SSME (or the latest SKSE alpha which includes the features of SSME).

And yes, SFO can hurt framerate depending on your rig, although I barely notice any drops in my game.

I explained the process of modding Skyrim as well as I could in this post, although the "mods I use" section is a bit outdated.

So far i have yet to crash but since my rig is pretty bad (can you run it says I cant run skyrim on minimum settings yet i can) I am scared to start using demanding mods, but ussually i add them one by one, then start up the game and check if it doesnt crash or give any errors.

I wil check it out asa i get on my oc later today, thanks for the tips  :)

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2014, 04:58:25 pm »
+1
Well, then if you want to install a lot of mods that add stuff, especially NPCs everywhere, you should install those three: ENBoost, Safety Load and SSME. Read the description of each of them to configure them properly.

Those three mods should help with stability a lot. I haven't had a single crash in ages with those mods.

Offline phnxhdsn

• Earl
  • Renown: 355
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium / Vanguard / DMG
  • Game nicks: Phoenix, Mangudai
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2014, 07:13:02 pm »
+2
From the words of Totalbiscuit: Skyrim is as vast as an ocean but has the depth of a puddle.

I love playing it now and then and i'm super excited to play it, but then i realize that  I just can't get immersed..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login