Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Respec
« on: May 06, 2014, 12:34:01 pm »
+1
I already posted this in another thread made by Fleetfox but I figured I might aswell post it here, as its a pretty legit and not too far-fetched idea.

Original thread by Fleetfox:
http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/respeccing-with-no-loss-of-exp-leading-on-from-the-recent-global-respec-thread/

Fuck upkeep and lets have a shop where you can buy respecs for 50k going up 10k each generation till the max gen xp bonus cap(gen 16?), add another 20k per level gained after 31 and done you are (and no upkeep, yay,).

Respec at level 31 gen 0 would cost you  50k
or
Level 34 gen 7 cost you 210k
Level 33 gen 11 cost you  200k
Level 35 gen 4 cost you 170k
Level 17 gen 11 will cost ya 160k, this is nice, this way the retardedly rich no lifers will be buttfucked.
Highest gen char should be accounted for in calculations

Etc.. Not this silly auctions

Make this shit accesible yet not easily accesible. This could be a way better gold-sink I think. Ofcourse the upkeep isnt That bad that it NEEDS to go, just would be nice for my own benefit 8-)

Also titles n shit, they are a rarity.. I would never be able to afford one but i would like one, more fequent aswell.

Rebel rebel rebel
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Respec
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 01:43:51 pm »
If they get rid of lvl 32-36 they will fix so much thats wrong with the mod. Give them runpensation and there will be no more problems with respecs (give loompoints based on XP over lvl 31 and maybe a veteran title).

More people will retire since the difference between high level and mid 20's won't be as big, the game will be balanced better, people will try different builds so they play longer without getting bored, devs will be able to test properly as they can't test lvl 35 builds, people will be able to test builds so they get a more accurate idea about game balance etc. Oh and respecing won't be such a big issue
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 06:26:11 pm »
If they get rid of lvl 32-36 they will fix so much thats wrong with the mod. Give them runpensation and there will be no more problems with respecs (give loompoints based on XP over lvl 31 and maybe a veteran title).

More people will retire since the difference between high level and mid 20's won't be as big, the game will be balanced better, people will try different builds so they play longer without getting bored, devs will be able to test properly as they can't test lvl 35 builds, people will be able to test builds so they get a more accurate idea about game balance etc. Oh and respecing won't be such a big issue

Hmm, that could work but I doubt its going to happen(same goes for my suggestion btw). Those players have put thousands of hrs into this game to reach that level, I reckon they would feel heartbroken if this happened!

Also, I think that loompoints are the main cause of imbalance in c-rpg.. Any input on this? The difference between unloomed euipment and loomed equipment feels very great to me.

If your idea would happen I reckon it would wreck the economy pretty bad.. 200m xp /9m xp per loom would result in a massive inflation.. 22lp's added into the circulation...

I think my idea is more viable though(not that yours is bad, ive personally never had the strength to grind to 32 :mrgreen: ), as it wont effect the economy in a bad way. You should view it from a new players point of view. Can you imagine them looking up marketplace prices of LP's? 450k.. Im sure they think "how am I supposed to grind that by just game ticks?" I think the current state of the economy is a gigantic turn-off for new players. As if a rookie mountain climber is tasked to climb the Mount Everest!
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 06:43:27 pm »
+1
Agree to cheaper respecs, disagree to upkeep removal
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 06:47:11 pm »
Agree to cheaper respecs, disagree to upkeep removal

As I said in the quote that is purely for selfish reasons.  8-)

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 06:51:09 pm »
People that played a while have looms anyway, especially if they are in a clan. At this point all they serve to do is make newbies weaker. Devaluing loompoints by adding more into the ecomony should make it easier for players without looms to get their hands on some, i don't think it makes people who already have some looms stronger, just gives them more variation of gear they can use..you can only use so many looms at a time per character. I do think the concept of looms is kind of bad for the game in some ways but they give players long term rewards and goals that might not be there otherwise. Also the devs have gone some way to give better diminishing returns on an heirloom so +1/+2 is better than before

If people are sad because they lose their lvl 35's, they will be sad because they lost some advantages they had over other players. This isn't a good reason to keep high level characters in the game imo. The gap between full heirloom/lvl 35-36 and newbie/guys that retire is too much. It also makes it so people don't want to try different builds, or to retire. This exacerbates the issues - if the cap was 31 more people would retire - fights would be quicker and more player skill based and more fair even for newbies. The people that choose not to retire won't be as strong as before, but with a lack of goals may decide to try different builds or get more looms

I wouldn't mind seeing more done with heirlooms though, maybe some base equipment buffs with less of a bonus from looming. Or some cap on how many you can wear at once, or some downsides inbuilt. We need to keep long term goals in the game though, so they need to be something people want to get. Retiring could give you some more of a bonus too besides loompoints, but not character based (titles, slightly less repair costs or something)
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 05:48:08 am »

Why the fuck would i retire ? To make my Abdulla +4 or something ?
I kept retiring for 4 years, i guess im done with that part of this mod.
Forcing people to retire instead of giving them chance to respec whenever they want is the most retarded,fascist,dictatoral suggestion i've ever read in this forum. If u wanna keep retiring, go ahead but don't force me to do the same as you do.