Author Topic: A discussion on the Strat 5 features. (crime/gear price increase/PP decrease)  (Read 622 times)

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
Just curious how people feel about these features.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
I like the increase in gear price and crime has gotten better since it's more controlled.

But, in my opinion, towns should be much more difficult to conquer.  Maybe they should have started with more money than castles?  They shouldn't have full plate for all 2000 tickets, but definitely better gear than what they get now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline phnxhdsn

• Earl
  • Renown: 355
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium / Vanguard / DMG
  • Game nicks: Phoenix, Mangudai
They don't need better gear they just need more mercs to play for them, I think with super high exp and gold rewards worth twice as much as playing on eu1/ na1 then people would want to play.

Offline Legs

• Marshall
  • Renown: 819
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • Loco Motive
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arms, Legs
Crime is too punishing imo, if you want to have a fief without crime you pretty much have to have someone dedicated to sitting in it and buying up goods every day. If a fief has crime you can lose hundreds of troops even just staying there for a day and even if you're just someone from another faction passing through. Should definitely be toned back.
Legs are used for standing, walking, jumping, running, kicking, and similar activities.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
The gear pricing needs to be adjusted so that medium-tier gear--the stuff of your stereotypical medieval army--is cheaper. Plate should be very expensive, yeah, but chain mail should be more affordable--ditto for the average weapons.

Horses are hilariously expensive. There will literally be no cavalry riding anything other than rounceys this strat round. You know, the horses that get chewed up by ranged real good. There's already little reason to use cav in strat, as field battles are useful only if you're picking off easy targets. Otherwise you just camp your towns and castles. Its just frustrating. I want to play my shitty, OP class in strat.

"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
fuck this worthless strat

rollback prices on horses

Offline Emear

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
100% crime should be the best way to lose village, not just information to don't enter with your army there. I miss something like rebellions. And
10 months might be too long for this strategus, as soon melee battlegrounds and well...I still remember WB day after release. 10 patches in few days. I'd really suggest to test all new things ideas etc now :P

Offline phnxhdsn

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
There's so many economy and fief management things that they need to put in so the games like a proper strategy game more like a Civilization or total war game.
But just having crime is stupid because it's overpowered :P

Also i think you should get troops mostly through villages and managing the villages and towns population, etc and have an economic/technology side to it would make it so much more expanded.

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
dont like the pricing at all, medium gear shouldn't be so expensive. same with some of the horses, its kinda weird that almost no one is really having horses in battle anymore.
and crime, well its more a hassle than an improvement, most players dont want to play the strat map 24/7 just to keep that in check, i mean just look at the map on how many fiefs have crime.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 03:52:58 pm by Bjarky »

Offline phnxhdsn

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
It's because a 2 gold pitchfork counters cav, and a 50 gold bow counters cav.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
I agree medium and lower tier gear and weapons should be cheaper, and plate being more expensive is good.  Also agree that horses are way too fucking expensive, medium and lower tier horses should be much cheaper as well (destrier and armored horses being more expensive is fine with me, but rouncey should be a lot cheaper).

Crime hurts traders the most.  You should be exempt from crime affecting your troops for the first hour you are in a fief.  Otherwise I don't really have a problem with crime (I don't think it hurts the intended target, the fief owners, so much as it hurts traders). 

- Stolen from Macropussy