Poll

Should the ban be modified?

No, keep him banned for the whole time.
No, give him a chance to write an essay.
Yes, Give him one month of a ban.
Yes, unban him (after 1 week)
Give him run.

Author Topic: Opinions  (Read 84079 times)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions
« Reply #195 on: May 02, 2014, 10:49:11 am »
+6
Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities. Perma bans are necessary, admins shouldn't have to put up with the same guys causing issues repeatedly. A few warning bans and you're gone for good imo.

Not saying anything about Lemon since I don't know, but if you have an extensive ban history you probably aren't learning much and just wasting admins time and spoiling the servers for other players. Being a smallish community means you need to look after your admins too, they shouldn't have to waste their time on the same guys, or we will end up with fewer admins and then a worse community and attracts and retains fewer players.
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #196 on: May 02, 2014, 10:51:41 am »
Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities. Perma bans are necessary, admins shouldn't have to put up with the same guys causing issues repeatedly. A few warning bans and you're gone for good imo.

Not saying anything about Lemon since I don't know, but if you have an extensive ban history you probably aren't learning much and just wasting admins time and spoiling the servers for other players. Being a smallish community means you need to look after your admins too, they shouldn't have to waste their time on the same guys, or we will end up with fewer admins and then a worse community and attracts and retains fewer players.

the problem is the escalation is so random. Lemon got lots of short bans that didnt mean shit. if you escalate to week-long bans you can probably leave it at that as most people will either get bored and leave or stop getting banned.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
Re: Well Canary
« Reply #197 on: May 02, 2014, 11:38:28 am »

I knew another one; if a stranger offers you drugs, take them because they're expensive

Offline Working_Class

• Baron
  • Renown: 139
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sloths, Squids, Frisia? Who even knows anymore
  • Game nicks: WorkingClass_ , ScumFuck_FlowerBoy
  • IRC nick: WorkingClass
« Reply #198 on: May 02, 2014, 01:16:53 pm »
+1
Canary he didn't deserve any punishment for his "impersonating" and he sure doesn't deserve to be permaban for being a minor troll. Just unban him and take my advice from earlier in this thread and stop the permaban shit. If we have active admins and they throw out week bans to repeat offenders when they offend then the trolls will learn or be banned most of the time and we won't have these situations that stir up a lot of problems in the community which is not really getting any bigger. I dunno when you went from being afraid to take any admin action to being ridiculously heavy-handed but either find some middle ground or just stop being an admin.

This. Really why would you permaban anyone in this mod? We really do need all the people we can get without our "admins" getting rid of us all

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #199 on: May 02, 2014, 03:47:32 pm »
Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

This is such a great quote. 

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #200 on: May 02, 2014, 10:03:53 pm »

May they all perish under the weight of the banhammer! Entitled fucks.

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Lemon Company
  • Game nicks: #Free Lemon 2012
  • IRC nick: Lemon
« Reply #201 on: May 02, 2014, 10:11:45 pm »
+3
But the point was, I shouldn't have gotten banned for this 'offense' in the first place. It was hardly impersonating, and nobody got upset- even you claimed that you were not phased. Sounds a lot like you banned because you wanted to. and thats it. It should also be noted that you refused to tell me the times of my bans, why was that? If you add up my ban times from the time the ban was given to the time I was unbanned, it isn't actually nearly as severe as it looks. It's kinda strange that you would view a 5m ban, which I have atleast one of, compared to a 24hr or more ban.
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 03, 2014, 01:05:09 am »
Mind me also asking why this is global?

sorry for double post
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #203 on: May 03, 2014, 07:30:42 am »
+3
Mind me also asking why this is global?

sorry for double post

Maybe Canary has just finally burnt out on being an admin and has decided to start permabanning anyone he can in order to finish off the NA server once and for all so he can retire?

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #204 on: May 03, 2014, 07:40:01 am »
servers are better off with fewer trolls, don't shed so many tears for them they feed on it

Offline Noodlenrice

• Count
  • Renown: 280
  • Infamy: 44
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Bastards
  • Game nicks: Noodlenrice
« Reply #205 on: May 03, 2014, 08:18:16 am »
+3
servers are better off with fewer trolls, don't shed so many tears for them they feed on it
im sorry but last time I checked the hardass facility wasn't located here.

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #206 on: May 03, 2014, 08:27:48 am »
the thread is titled opinions. and my ass is soft and fluffy. what else do you want to be wrong about.

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #207 on: May 03, 2014, 09:31:16 am »
+9
Jesus Christ.

Oh he isn't coming back. I've had deal with some pervasive sick fucks when it comes to being sorry, had to lick too many balls with some dirty formal nonsense to deal with this no good scallywagian behavior (scallywagian being a mix between liberal and conservative). I request a ban in which I have to adhere to your archaic system which has dug up a fair amount of chagrin. Chagrin? yea, you erroneous conniving charlatans! I demand Trial by Combat of Words!

I request to be your champion, Lemon. As witnessed by the gods I shall be duly drunk and relentless in my abilities to belligerently confound the enemy.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 09:36:54 am by ArysOakheart »

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #208 on: May 03, 2014, 10:59:56 am »
i was wondering if i was missing something or if that really was as incoherent as it seemed. then, drunk. and all was right with the world once more.

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 03, 2014, 07:11:50 pm »
+1
Jesus Christ.

Oh he isn't coming back. I've had deal with some pervasive sick fucks when it comes to being sorry, had to lick too many balls with some dirty formal nonsense to deal with this no good scallywagian behavior (scallywagian being a mix between liberal and conservative). I request a ban in which I have to adhere to your archaic system which has dug up a fair amount of chagrin. Chagrin? yea, you erroneous conniving charlatans! I demand Trial by Combat of Words!

I request to be your champion, Lemon. As witnessed by the gods I shall be duly drunk and relentless in my abilities to belligerently confound the enemy.

Accepted. Canary has 3 days to choose his champion or else gets perma banned  :twisted: