Author Topic: *****Rally against the Grey Order  (Read 33625 times)

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
Re: *****Rally against the Grey Order
« Reply #180 on: March 23, 2014, 01:42:54 pm »
+1
funny as fk when people are writing huge paragraphs. Why so serious?????

option 1) Join together maybe lose
option 2) fight each other then lose

see, diplomacy is easy

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 23, 2014, 01:52:51 pm »
+5

option 1) Join together maybe lose
option 2) fight each other then lose

see, diplomacy is easy

forgot option 3) watch the world burn

Offline Spurdospera

• Earl
  • Renown: 315
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spurdo...
  • IRC nick: Spurdo
« Reply #182 on: March 23, 2014, 01:54:06 pm »
+3
forgot option 3) watch the world burn
Sounds good enough option. :)
Quote from: Mortemer
spurdo is as useless as my hat.

Offline Aksei

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 23, 2014, 02:04:38 pm »
+1

but your the world, so you watch yourself bunr  :mrgreen:

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #184 on: March 23, 2014, 02:05:44 pm »
+1
Thank you Grandmom but I wasn't referring to you anyway. I respect you as a leader and a friend.
I tricked Kapis and their alliance buddies in strat 3, in strat 4 i kept my oaths and those who followed me afterwards kept them, too. I told my clan lads always not to troll you, like Mercs and others did continously in the battles. When i was commander of battles where i got to hear that shit i also immediatly stopped it. So while you had bad luck before strat 4, in strat 4 you succeeded. You switched sides at some point when it became clear that a) those who dislike you are not worth fighting for b) kept your words to those who kept it to you and also treated you well c) got new friends with GO which is fine on a personal level as on a strategic one

Now in strat 5, you are allied to the 2 biggest , best organized factions(or so they claim ^^, well i am sure its not my faction as i have not the energy anymore for this game as i had in past versions). You had nearly no resistance taking a huge chunk of land, Fenris & Guards which have roughly the same faction member count as Kapikulu, share 6 fiefs, while you got 24 fiefs. You pushed out a new clan Order de Montesa, from the Jelkala area this round, which you havent claimed initially and i helped them to settle in the north.

I gladly would take Kapikulus in my battles anytime, if i have to leave out Mercs, HRE, GK, Fallen to do so, so be it. Sofar only one Kapikulu has repeatedly applied and also then been taken in into my battles. Also while i had differances with Abbay "before strat 4", i found myself strangely enough  liking him due to our dialogues in strat 4 and also always got along with Ozan and Diagonal. I cherish also the memories of  :oops: the "kinngrimm day" Kapis introduced more then 2 years back, where i was awestrucken when suddenly a bunch of people ran around in a big group in my leatherjacket, sidesword, bamboospear, huscarl fashion  :lol: that was a theme day introduced by Kapis which i will never forgett. So please dont make me in your mind your enemy, as i am not. I do but play strategus with all ways possible and atm all ways are good to go. I didnt make these calls like this before, to get people to move out of a clan, but dude GO/DRZ are too fucking big, these numbers with a half good organization, its just as Heskey calls it zerging(Starcraft I, was the best) and you/Kapis are profiting by being inbetween them in the safe zone ^^. So if you as i said dont want to be seen complettly as free loaders, the minimum you can do is to stay away from the roster of GO or at least DRZ battles, as you may have noticed their enemies dont get a full roster most of the time anyways. If you also would not help them economicly well i wouldnt blame you if you still would, if you would decide to attack DRZ, that then maybe making things really intresting again.

@Knittler
First being in one big faction and alliance then in the next, your mentality seems clear to me, therefor your words seem shallow.

Disrupting trade, attacking fiefs in the north and north east, sounds like a plan you heared before right?  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:44:45 am by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Spurdospera

• Earl
  • Renown: 315
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spurdo...
  • IRC nick: Spurdo
« Reply #185 on: March 23, 2014, 02:12:05 pm »
+1
Disrupting trade, attacking fiefs in the north and north east, sounds like a plan you heared before right?  :rolleyes:
No I havenĀ“t  :oops:, do tell me more about it.
Quote from: Mortemer
spurdo is as useless as my hat.

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 23, 2014, 02:52:38 pm »
+1
Great, i have now decided that we should all join together...
WHY'S IT'S NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!! I'VE ALREADY DECIDED THAT EVERYONE SHOULD WORK TOGETHER AND DO WHAT I SAY!!!!!!
I must be missing something here
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

You should write more paragraphs about strat.

Gunna quote my self cos you're that funny.

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 23, 2014, 03:21:30 pm »
+1
Your genius solution of 'work together to win' is where we were 4 months ago, but you cant force people to do what you want. So it is not that simple.

...also i type fast lol, i like to be thorough and cover as many angles as i can rather than make brief vague general sweeping statements that look like i've just glanced at the map and decided to share my half-baked musings.

Gonna quote you cos you're that funny
Uh oh, we got ourselves a new Napoleon over here.
tl:dr u mirin?

Offline marlla

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Allram
  • IRC nick: marlla
« Reply #188 on: March 23, 2014, 04:12:05 pm »
+3
this is what happens when you challenge the granny's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN8YQVM1GQI    :twisted: :twisted:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #189 on: March 23, 2014, 04:22:26 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

You should write more paragraphs about strat.

Gunna quote my self cos you're that funny.

The problem is not to know WHAT to do - its to get people to see it and work together - they all have their own agendas- some want to kill me, others want to kill the Equites, some wants to kill the mercs, mercs want to be mercs, SHogunates wants to attack UIf later, some wants to get castles, some wants to attack traders, some wants to go to NA, some wants to hide, some wants defence and some wants offence. We will not tell anyone, or order them to do shit - we can only suggest what people should do - (and nag like an old hag) since there is so much grudges in this game I have never seen so much grudges.

Tobias, thanks for your cunning plan though  :mrgreen:

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #190 on: March 23, 2014, 04:28:27 pm »
+4
Basically the whole problem with UIF is that they are too strong (organised, motivated, numerous).

Asking GO and DRZ to go with war at each other because it's not fun to play otherwise is like
- asking Byzantium (or Merc or any other powerful) clan to split up in 2 smaller clans in c-rpg because "you're too strong you bannerstack and kill the whole EU1 and it's not fun to play like that". Someone might even say that "you guys are too good at the game you care too much about it, and I just wanna swing my sword a bit just for fun, but you kill me, and that's why you shouldn't play as a clan", but it doesn't make much sense, does it?

You can't really do anything to prevent strong clans from being strong, except to become just as strong.

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #191 on: March 23, 2014, 04:46:32 pm »
+1
Basically the whole problem with UIF is that they are too strong (organised, motivated, numerous).

Asking GO and DRZ to go with war at each other because it's not fun to play otherwise is like
- asking Byzantium (or Merc or any other powerful) clan to split up in 2 smaller clans in c-rpg because "you're too strong you bannerstack and kill the whole EU1 and it's not fun to play like that". Someone might even say that "you guys are too good at the game you care too much about it, and I just wanna swing my sword a bit just for fun, but you kill me, and that's why you shouldn't play as a clan", but it doesn't make much sense, does it?

You can't really do anything to prevent strong clans from being strong, except to become just as strong.

Nice example, but they are allies, so it would be the same situation if mercs and byz would play under the same banner on EU1, now we have to fight each other when there are enough ppl active on the server.
And tbh I wouldn't want to play on eu1 for long if every round would end with a steamroll victory...

Offline Aksei

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 23, 2014, 04:50:02 pm »
+3
Its really not UIF fault that the situation is like it is. You cant tell someone to play like you want. Only thing is, that they are so big, that they can beat everyone, but thats not a problem. It is like it is. The others can now decide to fight and try their luck or wait and be forced to fight later.

But its wrong to blame UIF for the situation, they have the same problem, when most people just stop playing strat and nothing happens.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #193 on: March 23, 2014, 04:55:20 pm »
+2
..., except to become just as strong.
been there, done that, wasnt fun either, just more work. Clans for me now is purely of having some friends i can engage into conversations with and have good game at times on eu servers. I wont go big again, just not worth it. I wont coordinate anymore like i did in strat 3 or in strat 4 till i left, as it is consuming too much energy and takes up to much time. It is not impossible to become big, its just not worth the effort. While we may disagree, i still think this is a problem to be addressed by game mechanics as btw chadz has already stated, read here and afterwards.

also while Tyr is one of the Mercs i dislike :rolleyes:, he makes a perfect example.
"Balancing" doesnt allow the 2 strongest clans on the offical server to be on the same side all the time, why would it not be concidered balancing in strat in the same way?

@Aksei
developer can tell you how to play and it is a problem that they dont in cases of overwhelming clans and alliances. A way how you could do it would be like this.
EDIT: also you are right that it is not UIFs fault, it is the fault of the devs!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 05:07:21 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline JokeQ

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 23, 2014, 04:57:58 pm »
so much QQ