Author Topic: *****Rally against the Grey Order  (Read 34024 times)

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
Re: *****Rally against the Grey Order
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2014, 01:42:30 pm »
+1
You guys don't get that they are free to play however they want to play. Them banding together ruins the game for you? Well tough luck. They have every right to do it and you can't call it unfair.
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2014, 01:51:03 pm »
+2
Come on guys, it's all pointless.
Very sad that UIF don't learn from past mistakes and don't consider them to be mistakes at all and it is obvious they won't do that in future, don't try to convince them, it is pointless.
As it is now, I believe Kalmars are doing it right by making suicidal charge, that's only possible decision in this situation.

Offline Gimest

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 40
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Gimest_DeGyrst
  • IRC nick: Gimest
« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2014, 01:53:06 pm »
+3
Still Renay ur been saying others should play it like UIF want it to be played. Cant u understand that others dont want to play it like they do, and they also have the right to it. So pls dont talk about making economics and defence, if others want to try to attack now and if it doesnt work, stop playing, they have the right to, specially if its the way they see it can be somewhat fun to them.

And yeh ppl complain about UIF, i too have done it, and i think i will do it still sometimes. But the problem is that their diplomatics forces others to play it like they do, or not to play at all, it doesnt leave you much choice and this should be somewhat RP game.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 01:58:37 pm by Gimest »

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #138 on: March 22, 2014, 01:55:47 pm »
+1
You guys don't get that they are free to play however they want to play. Them banding together ruins the game for you? Well tough luck. They have every right to do it and you can't call it unfair.
where did i call it unfair? Where did i say they have not the rigth to do so?
Never said that, but what i am saying is, if the biggest factions, are allied together
1) They dont have a real challange and if they but would then brag about winning against less well equiped ennemis with less troops, they are just a bunch trolls.
2) Anyone going with them into that direction are not more then banner leechers
3) As said before, it is mostly a problem about game mechancis , that factions that size are even possible, that there is no diplomatic system , making it impossible for clans to work with each other when they are not taking part in it that system, impossible to gank onto another faction if not seen as allies within that system, therfor them being open for economical balancing at least.

As the shortcomings of Strategus are well known, increasing even more the number of players within a faction or allying to the second biggest faction within strategus, could be seen as being not good sports, allowed sure, but well perhaps from some even defined as unfair, i but say they are in the limits of the game mechanics and its the game mechancis fault more then the shortcomings of the leadership.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 02:34:27 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
« Reply #139 on: March 22, 2014, 02:04:32 pm »
+3
Oh Renay don't you understand that everyone building up is how uif want to play, the longer we wait the easier time they will have. Building up defence and sitting inside waiting worked out well for coalition last strat, didn't it? And don't come and say that it's not like this, I talked to Hetman and he said we should stop attacking you and him and only build up and take castles, that way he and drz could later go in and have some "fun" fights taking our fiefs
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

Offline Matim

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • My rouncey feeds on human flesh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nilfgaard
« Reply #140 on: March 22, 2014, 02:08:10 pm »
+1

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
« Reply #141 on: March 22, 2014, 02:09:15 pm »
+2
Also one thing I've experienced is that our biggest problem is getting rosters, we have the troops and the gear to put up great fights but we don't have enough guys applying for us which is a pain
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

Offline phnxhdsn

• Earl
  • Renown: 355
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium / Vanguard / DMG
  • Game nicks: Phoenix, Mangudai
« Reply #142 on: March 22, 2014, 02:55:03 pm »
+2
 Please can we just have a big-ass war so everyone get all their testosterone out of their ballsacks, cheers :)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 22, 2014, 02:57:11 pm »
+2
It is already quite well engaged  :)

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #144 on: March 22, 2014, 03:01:00 pm »
+1
Gisim was the first GO fief ever - they will take it from Phoenix whatever they tell him.....trust me its a GO fief and they will fight for it with teh OdE
This castle village belongs to me!  :mrgreen:

We all together killed 2500 GO tickets yesterday - good work, we lost more ofc but together we have lots more so thats fine.
Yesterday we lost exactly 976 troops, if we count 410 from Panos battle at 1:55 am then it's still a much less (1386) than your data.

For me the problem is that the big factions like GO and DRZ should not attack little factions without any war declaration and take their fiefs without announce any claims before it.
We only attacked Tahlberl (SwordBrothers). This village has always been in our sphere of influence.

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=658
chadz, could you please fix defenders getting free peasant gear for 500 tickets? That's worth a small clans economy :wink:
:lol:

Also one thing I've experienced is that our biggest problem is getting rosters, we have the troops and the gear to put up great fights but we don't have enough guys applying for us which is a pain
You didn't have enough equipment yesterday at the Ibirian battle and that's why we capped your flags.
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 22, 2014, 03:34:44 pm »
+1
You didn't have enough equipment yesterday at the Ibirian battle and that's why we capped your flags.

We still had decent gear (~20 body armor) left for the rest of the tickets and we even had some of the heavy gear (as heavy as yours) when you started pushing. It's just that half of our roster can't put up a fight against yours. Partly it's the player skill partly the fact that you guys know how to fight in groups and we don't. Still some of us did okay in that battle too even though we were the attackers. We did get outplayed by you guys joining two armies in the middle of the night which stopped us from locking down your reinforcements to the village, so it's not _just_ the rosters, but they do play a big part in these. Just look at the Panos battle. He had heavy gear and with full rosters we would have most likely flag capped you half way in to the battle, but no one in the NE gives a crap about Strat :)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 22, 2014, 03:35:58 pm »
+15
Yes indeed, they are free to play however they want, but they are gonna be playing alone. Now that it is clear that the GO and DRZ block is much stronger than anything else on the map combined, there is obviously no point in rewarding their shitty alliance behaviour by trying to put up a fight for months while the gap in economy, troop numbers and roster support only increases. Makes much more sense to try to do a quick early suicidal war and then tell DRZ and GO to fuck off and have fun on an empty strat map.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #147 on: March 22, 2014, 03:49:27 pm »
+4
Well, that's probably because barely anyone gives a toss about Strat any more when you read all the time things like "No point... GO and DRZ got map on lock down anyway." When the regular Strat people don't see the point any more, why should randomers and roster-mercs care? :)
Not to mention that battles became boring the moment everyone went for the Steel Pick spamming shielder army. Lame...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #148 on: March 22, 2014, 05:08:26 pm »
+1
Yes indeed, they are free to play however they want, but they are gonna be playing alone. Now that it is clear that the GO and DRZ block is much stronger than anything else on the map combined, there is obviously no point in rewarding their shitty alliance behaviour by trying to put up a fight for months while the gap in economy, troop numbers and roster support only increases. Makes much more sense to try to do a quick early suicidal war and then tell DRZ and GO to fuck off and have fun on an empty strat map.

GO and DRZ is for all intents and purposes one faction.  GO does whatever DRZ wants them to do, almost every single one of their fiefs were set up as sell fiefs for Druzhina to use and tax money to go to them (30%), their leadership obeys DRZ leadership.  They should just be honest and add themselves officially to the strat faction as the 200 man faction allied with the next biggest faction (kapikulu).  The largest enemy faction to oppose them has like 48 players.

The funny thing is in real life the polish would have too much national pride to be the bitches of Russia, but I guess these players are a different breed of Polish.  I guess they would welcome something like the Crimea happening to their country as well.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #149 on: March 22, 2014, 05:10:33 pm »
+3
i think the only solution would be a strat map that does not contain DRZ or Grey order, let all UIF have their own strat map and see how long they last.

IE. a Non UIF strat map, that would be the best for all parties
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?