Author Topic: UnholyRolyPoly Original Music.... Acoustic Improv  (Read 483 times)

Offline UnholyRolyPoly

• Earl
  • Renown: 348
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
UnholyRolyPoly Original Music.... Acoustic Improv
« on: March 16, 2014, 09:38:29 am »
+9
https://soundcloud.com/unholyrolypoly/faded-truth-1

Keep in mind it's completely improv.  Some of the lyrics make no sense etc.  It was also recorded on a cell phone.  But ...  I don't care.  It's a great song.  I don't typically put my stuff out there.  I'm kind of a private musician.  I never used it to get chicks or money etc.  Got to much love to exploit it.  But I also happen to be very drunk and got a wild hair up my ass.  So here you go.  Enjoy. 

https://soundcloud.com/unholyrolypoly/walkoff-1

The second track is a mix of three different improv sessions.  The first is nice and sweet.  The older I get the more I enjoy playing gentle music.  The second session starts around 13 minutes and leads into some acoustic metal.  Unfortunately.... the third session is me and two friends extremely drunk.  It's really not worth listening to.  But if you do.... my brother says a racial slur at one point.  It's not indicative of him or me.  He was fucking with a close friend of mine.  So if that kind thing offends you just don't listen to the last segment. 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 10:04:42 am by UnholyRolyPoly »

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: UnholyRolyPoly Original Music.... Acoustic Improv
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 09:53:29 am »
+1
crispy! love it! especially the first since im a sucker for improv myself :)

Offline SP1N

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 22
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: N1PS, SP1N
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 05:39:27 pm »
+2
Lemme hear something you've pondered on and established! This is great, especially for improv, but I hear so much untapped potential in those chords.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Apollo

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 194
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • The Gay Serf
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GOBBLIN EMPIRE
  • Game nicks: Apollo, Asstron_the_Assassinator
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 06:52:18 pm »
+3
i read this as autistic improv, was disappointed. 1/5 stars
You don't need to ban or anything just for future reference or something because he's rude to me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 11:32:37 pm »
Garbage

Offline UnholyRolyPoly

• Earl
  • Renown: 348
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 05:11:36 am »
+1
Garbage

Of course it's garbage.  It's acoustic freestyle recorded on a cell phone by a rank amateur. 

But if you love music.... then it doesn't matter.  This is what music really sounds like.  It's not over produced bullshit.  It's raw and from the moment.  Some of the lyrics make no sense.  But every once in a while you catch a flow.  Most people don't appreciate that kind of thing.  Most people don't know what it's like to drift into another world.  But I'm the kind of person who hears a tune in everything.  I play at night and crickets provide the beat.  A great storm can usher in some metal.  Music is magic dude.  This may not be your thing.... it's all good.  But this shit don't come from me.... it comes through me.  And I've played out of love for a decade.  I'm not ashamed of any shortcomings in it lol. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 07:42:59 am by UnholyRolyPoly »

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 12:34:24 pm »
+1
Of course it's garbage.  It's acoustic freestyle recorded on a cell phone by a rank amateur. 

But if you love music.... then it doesn't matter.  This is what music really sounds like.  It's not over produced bullshit.  It's raw and from the moment.  Some of the lyrics make no sense.  But every once in a while you catch a flow.  Most people don't appreciate that kind of thing.  Most people don't know what it's like to drift into another world.  But I'm the kind of person who hears a tune in everything.  I play at night and crickets provide the beat.  A great storm can usher in some metal.  Music is magic dude.  This may not be your thing.... it's all good.  But this shit don't come from me.... it comes through me.  And I've played out of love for a decade.  I'm not ashamed of any shortcomings in it lol.

Only kidding bud