Author Topic: Free Trade Alliance (NA)  (Read 595 times)

Offline UnholyRolyPoly

• Earl
  • Renown: 348
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Free Trade Alliance (NA)
« on: February 27, 2014, 06:02:49 am »
+6
I propose an Automatic Free Trade Alliance.  The purpose of this argeement would be to provide free and open trade between all member nations.  This will improve relations and increase wealth across the board.  I want to keep it as simple as possible without specific diplomatic leadership.  This is a not a coalition.  This is a free trading network.  Below are the central points I wish to build upon.   I am open to suggestions.  Once the contract is hammered out I will start taking member nations. 

-All Factions will remain Sovereign of the Free Trade Alliance (This is not a Strat Faction)
-All Factions will provide open borders, non aggression pact, and free trade to members
-Factions may join or leave at any time providing 5 days notice
-Factions must leave the FTA prior to declaring war on a member faction
-Nations must have at least 1 fief to apply

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 11:24:39 pm by UnholyRolyPoly »

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
Re: Free Trade Alliance (NA)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 06:51:24 am »
+3
Sounds like one of those gosh darn Megafactions.  Not in my strat!
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline UnholyRolyPoly

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 02:44:41 pm »
+2
No megafaction...  just a loose trading alliance.  There will be no diplomatic leadership.  Members can come and go as they please.  And warring states are suspended for the duration of their war.  Once completed both factions can be reinstated if they so choose.  It's a blind confederacy meant to bolster the economies of all nations.  All factions will remain sovereign.  This is just a loose alliance in which members can come and go as they please. 

How many of your factions finished the last strat with thousands upon thousands of unused S&D?  In theory you are better off moving your own S&D.  However in practice free trade keeps your members interested which is ten times more valuable than any efficiency bonus gained by hoarding.  Strict control of S&D makes sense on paper.  However most of your members wind up farming troops because you can move most of your S&D with a few dedicated traders.  Eventually the guys farming troops lose interest in strat/CRPG and you fall apart. 

Under this agreement every single member of your faction can free trade with large areas of the map.  It keeps them interested which makes strat better for everybody. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 03:25:39 pm by UnholyRolyPoly »

Offline UnholyRolyPoly

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 11:33:54 pm »
+1
I've edited the agreement in the OP.  I've removed war terminology to avoid confusion.  Now any member faction wishing to declare war on another member must leave the FTA.  That cancels the agreement without telegraphing sneak attacks etc.  I've edited the time frame for leaving down to 5 days.  That allows traders to wrap up any runs en route to a faction wishing to leave the FTA.  Yet it's still a lengthy enough timeframe to protect member nations from sneak attacks.  This agreement naturally grants open borders.  We cannot allow member nations to utilize this agreement in warfare. 

I want this to be a relatively weak agreement which can coincide with other policies.  I don't want this agreement to interfere with defensive pacts of other individual alliances.  Therefore it must be versatile enough to be appealing.... yet strong enough to remain in tact for the duration of strat.  Hopefully widespread free trade will encourage more people to participate.  Strat is more fun when it's less regimented.   

I'll give this a few more days to allow suggestions.  I plan to begin accepting member nations sometime next week. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 11:37:16 pm by UnholyRolyPoly »

Offline Built

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • I guess P.T. Barnum was right
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DWARVES
  • Game nicks: Radsvid, Eirik, Angry something
  • IRC nick: Built
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 05:22:37 pm »
Tactical blunder, rolled 2 one's!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 09:51:09 pm by Built »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Also, James, you were legitimately mad at a rhyming dwarf on the internet.