Poll

Do you think that the STRENGTH requirement for Medium/Heavy tier armours, should be increased?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Increase the difficulty requirement on Medium/Heavy tier armours. POLL ADDED!  (Read 23618 times)

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
Re: Increase the difficulty requirement on Medium/Heavy tier armours.
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 05:47:17 pm »
+8
Is it only me who still thinks agi builds in heavy armour are useless?  :|
Can anybody name a few players doing well with agi build and heavy armour?

I am from NA so it may be different here than EU, but I recently started wearing heraldic transitional armor on a 15/27 Long Axe character I have and I have to say it actually makes agi whoring way easier. I have 9 ATH so even with that heavy armor I outrun most people and the long axe is fast enough that the wpf difference is not noticeable at all.
TL;DR Yes because I can agi whore and tank long enough to get easy valor.
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 06:26:24 pm »
+1
I am from NA so it may be different here than EU, but I recently started wearing heraldic transitional armor on a 15/27 Long Axe character I have and I have to say it actually makes agi whoring way easier. I have 9 ATH so even with that heavy armor I outrun most people and the long axe is fast enough that the wpf difference is not noticeable at all.
TL;DR Yes because I can agi whore and tank long enough to get easy valor.

Same with me. Changed from a light heraldic mail to transitional.
I play 15/24 atm with no if and the transitional is my life savers vs ranged.
Lots of glances on me while i backpedal too ;)

I like Tydeus suggestion most with different heirloom tears + i would add maxstrength so gothic would go up to 21 and rest would be adjusted.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 07:34:32 pm »
+3
I think that ideally, Iron Flesh should act as the requirement skill for armors instead of giving additional HP.

Then armor requirements would make sense.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
Poll added.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Renown: 497
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Banana Republic / Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: IngloriouslyBad / Affordable Cavalry
+2
I think bob will be the only "agi whore build" to vote against his own kind being able to swing lightning fast and be able to tank haha

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
Is it only me who still thinks agi builds in heavy armour are useless?  :|
Can anybody name a few players doing well with agi build and heavy armour?

All I can say is, don't knock it til you really try it. My performance in heavy armor was better with my agility build than when I had strength. You can force glances easily. Probably not all too great in plate, but up to 20kg body armor tier is excellent.

To really make agi builds cry, including me, increase the requirements for heavier weapons.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
+3
Only if free respecs are given

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
To really make agi builds cry, including me, increase the requirements for heavier weapons.
Do Not worry.  Someone will probably suggest it soon now.

Anyway regarding the topic I really like the idea.
AT least Plate should have a higher requirement of str.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
I think bob will be the only "agi whore build" to vote against his own kind being able to swing lightning fast and be able to tank haha

The trick is imma be 18/27 soon so the other agi whores will get fucked over but not me   :wink:

Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
+1
Not like wearing heavy armour with agibuild is that good anyways, sure it makes me a tad bit tankier but the lack of HP makes armor pretty weak. Basically strapping on a piece of plate is mainly for protection vs archers. The movement speed loss puts you in the same position as a balance build with the exception that you can outsprint them while they still do more damage. It looks threatening and can sometimes cause more glances but it is not really stronk enough to need to be nerfed IMO.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 08:05:28 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile
bump

Offline tisjester

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: TitsJester
+1
Not like wearing heavy armour with agibuild is that good anyways, sure it makes me a tad bit tankier but the lack of HP makes armor pretty weak. Basically strapping on a piece of plate is mainly for protection vs archers. The movement speed loss puts you in the same position as a balance build with the exception that you can outsprint them while they still do more damage. It looks threatening and can sometimes cause more glances but it is not really stronk enough to need to be nerfed IMO.

This.

Also if you raise the str requirement you'll be cutting out a lot of the variety that makes crpg so awesome. All tin cans will have basically the same build.

In my personal experience tin cans are almost always easier to beat than medium armor fellas anyhow.

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile
αδαςαδδα

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2014, 11:09:50 pm »
+1
Cant agree more  :D

And thats not because I want to be the only one to wear gothic plate, but the fact is that the MOST CUMBERSOME ARMOR OF CRPG needing only 16 str to wear is not normal.

95% of the players at lvl 30+ have at least 18 strength, thus can don the best armor in the game. Why not just removing the difficulty system then?  :P

I think the difficulty should be scaled on the average lvl 30 builds, and not just to let people "try it" very progressively, which is good for player's freedom to test everything (even if they fuck their build up :P), but its not a noob game anymore right?

For the same reason that the Great Maul had its difficulty requirement increased to 20,

We should scale everything up so that the "heavy armors" and the "heavy weapons" requires more strength to wield.

Bonus argument :

- on battle/siege server : plate players/groups with balanced/agi builds are OP if used right, the upkeep only forbid the poor to use it, not the skilled!

- on strategus battles : plate armies are boring at end-game, if the armors needed more strenght to wield, the strategus leaders would be FORCED to keep a large place for light-medium armors even if everyone's rich as cresus, and the metagame would be much more balanced, fun, and fluid without item pricing changes!

Comparing weapon to armour is bit stupid, you people forget that plate armor is usually well balanced, with weight distributed all over the body.

Swinging fuckhueg heavy mallet is going to require much more strength than wearing plate armor.

Strength requirement for plate should be 18 at maximum, anything more is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 09:47:18 am by Nightmare798 »
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
+1
Yep it was more an idea about having the "str weapons" be available as soon as the "str armors", in terms of pre-requirement.

But if someone up there was going to follow our advices, he doesnt have to follow that particular bit, its just an alternative idea on the basis of increasing medium/heavy armour pre-requirement that panos suggested.