Author Topic: Rise and Shine: Strategus 2014, starting 16th February, 2000 CET  (Read 61468 times)

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
Re: Rise and Shine: Strategus 2014, starting 15th February
« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2014, 01:00:49 pm »
lol

@ Kinngrimm - I like you too, but that doesn't mean that we can't be at the same time bloody rivals. It depends on convention. If my sympathy to you depended directly on number of destroyed weaponracks, I would be now on the highway to Germany with a Masterwork Studded Warclub in the trunk ^ ^

When you ask me why I need more players - the answer is simple - I don't recruit anyone. Never. People come because they want, and I'm a nice guy, that's why I can't refuse them  :)

I don't share my personal problems and I'm in perma contact with only two people - with Hetman and Erasmas. It doesn't matter if the rest of  people have good or bad relations with me. It's important that they are in good relationships with each other and fit to overall atmosphere. We both have a radically different approach how to build organization. I simply don't have time and desire for manual control that's why it dosen't matter to me whether we have 100, 300 or 1300 members.

Freedom of choice. Noone is forcing anyone to anything.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2014, 01:50:42 pm »
(click to show/hide)
:lol:

(click to show/hide)
that i actually get and had been in that place more tehn i wanted to be, having rules like noone below 20 helps ^^, narrowing down with even more requirements, sorts out more, to get a group of people together which is mostly compatible with each other.

(click to show/hide)
true too, for me my clan also always was a place where i can speak about anything, personal stuff, philosphies, cultur critics and got opnions from all over Europe from different perspectives of life. That always was one of the reasons i created a clan in the first place.
I may be obsessive compulisive and i am working on it partly ^^ not to do all on my own but leave organizing stuff also to others, out of that way yeah having more then 70 people in a clan gives a single person a lot to do, but would need at least 2-3 guys taking care of things on a higher level.
What i have seen but also with 100+ in my own clan and from what i ahve seen in other clans happening with even mroe, that there are lots of sub groups, that it is not only one clan anymore but lots of clans, which but use the same banner to gank up. It may not be for everyone a conscious decision when joining your clan or the reason for you to not deny them participation, but the outcome is the same.

Freedom of choice. Noone is forcing anyone to anything.
And it should stay that way, but lets say f.e. your as he reacehd some type of treshold, would have to pay 10% additional taxes in fiefs. As you have a shitload of players, it should not be a problem to compensate right?You still have 325 players on your roster, tehy jsut make money only for 292, still more then any otehr clan could achiev.

OR differently approached
at a time where you started your clan, if there would already have been a rukle in place that said, that efficency of clans is peaked at a player count of 70 players:
a) would you not have founded a clan?
b) would you then therefor would ahve tried to update your roster regularly to only have active players and sort out the others?
c) if you could not say no you would still not say no to recruits, and yo ustill would grow to 325, but you accepted the 70 player limit and would ahve made the best out of it. While still being able to make more stuff in strategus which otehr clans couldnt with lesser members, still getting better roster, still being able to make more trade when these players are active

In nodic mythology, there is a beast which did not stop growing, it was fed by the gods and the gods became anxious when they noticed, that only by eating, the beast grew more and more without end. So they thought of ways to handle the inevitable, which would be that the beast would devour all & everything, by tricking and binding the beast. That worked even though one god lost willingly his hand over it, so the gods and life itself bought some time till at Ragnarök the beast got free and devoured the world and most of the gods. While in the saga it is Fenrir, here in game it seems to me it is Grey Order and alike, where is chadz to bind them even if it costs us a hand(some freedoms).

Anyways, good luck Harpag for the next round!
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2014, 02:18:09 pm »
+4
Greys gonna Grey, Kinngrimm gonna scheme. Strat 5 business as usual :D
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2014, 02:20:43 pm »
+3
jeez the round hasn't even started, yet the drama is already full on...

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2014, 02:54:12 pm »
Drama that isn't located in Diplomacy section is not my favorite drama.  :mrgreen:

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2014, 03:04:09 pm »
+1
Greys gonna Grey, Kinngrimm gonna scheme. Strat 5 business as usual :D
scheming and ploting is fun, only those who are not included may think otherwise  :lol:

but this here from my perspective at least, was not so much about strategus schemes and plots, even though the outcome may have influence onto strategus in general, for me it is more about game balance. Asking questions about intentions onto the way others do what they do, does help me further to include their point of views into my own and therefor gain a broader sense of the game and perhaps also find suggestions which may be seen beneficial not only by me, but others too.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2014, 07:50:26 pm »
+4
scheming and ploting is fun, only those who are not included may think otherwise  :lol:

Speaking from experience I suppose, since you've taken all your downhills with such grace and poise. :wink:
Don't.

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2014, 07:55:07 pm »
+3
Speaking from experience I suppose, since you've taken all your downhills with such grace and poise. :wink:

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 10, 2014, 02:23:15 pm »
+1
    • movement speed increased by 30%
desert movement speed decrease.

Atm already the area where you can move fast as fuck, but with 30% increase, there is no trader to be caught ^^. Differently put, how many have survived a marathon through the desert? In the snow there is at least water ^^. I think snow and desert areas should be similar slow.
Step already a bit faster and then green lands the fastest(besides the woods).

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #174 on: February 10, 2014, 02:35:18 pm »
Did I mention the map for guys from Asia ?
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #175 on: February 10, 2014, 04:14:59 pm »
+4
If you have any *working* suggestion to stop people from creating large factions, feel free to tell me, because I've been looking for a solution for years now.

not ends to all means:  but creating niches for different faction sizes and even non faction players might help to disperse players a bit. 
(because large factions will always dominate smaller factions on plain field,  these niches point is to make it attractive to play a different role then dominating for example on a territorial level.)

(click to show/hide)

i wanted to write a wall of text but remembered that i have to work ^^
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #176 on: February 10, 2014, 05:08:19 pm »
+2
it would be quite nice to see it implemented at some time. 
a function of building a warband by summing up a few hands full of mercenaries would also be cool.  would make them able to raid villages n shit and make the small clan a whole different monster compared to the big faction and their armies.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #177 on: February 11, 2014, 12:47:22 pm »
+4
Devs, please :

- Change the XP formula for strat
- Make everyone wearing the same banner in a battle.
- make small price reductions for themed equipement (Ex : Northern get lower price for mails and axes, and all nordic stuff, desert reduces price of every arabian/saracen stuff and maybe white stuff like white transitional and white tabard with mail, northern (vaegir part) reduces the price of every rus armor and bardiches. etc ... Khergit part reduces every price on mongolian armor/weapon. "Rhodok" part reduces price of byzantines armors, and the center reduces prices of maces, european armors with the price of swords Combined with the same heraldic for every player, it would become really interesting.
No reduction on armors that are + 18.5 weight. And lower reduction on higher tier items.

Combined with the same heraldic for every player, it would become really interesting.

Those three things would make strat much more interesting because of the presence of themed battles. Just imagine byzantines againt saracen warriors, or rus against mongolians.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 12:51:31 pm by Algarn »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 11, 2014, 01:34:42 pm »
+1
- Make everyone wearing the same banner in a battle.

+1

XP formula is most likely redone already, since the prices are increased by ^1.35 (which contradicts your 3rd point).

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #179 on: February 11, 2014, 02:23:37 pm »
+5
If you have any *working* suggestion to stop people from creating large factions, feel free to tell me, because I've been looking for a solution for years now.

Actually pretty simple. Make a third world. EU west, EU east and NA. And you can only sign up for one world which will not be connected to the others (AKA you cant trespass to other worlds), perhaps not even allow mercing for other worlds (or that might be a little extreme). NA will keep on being NA, EU however will be divided into two worlds.

Why? It's a pretty racist suggestion but without limiting freedom also fixing the game. Most of the clans in Eastern Europe that play strategus are allied: Greys, Druzhina, Kapikulu (and before: dead clans like Bazhi, Brodnics etc). They've made blocs for most strategus rounds and there wont by any point in making huge blocs if there's nothing to make blocs against. Maybe they take nationalism a little bit too serious as I've heard many times in UIF TS that SB and other Eastern European clans are traitors to their own "kin" because they're fighting against UIF. I'm not making that last statement up I've heard it a million times. Smaller worlds also forces you to not have so many allies and fight instead.

The only reason all the non-UIF factions allied last strat round was because of UIF. It was pretty clear that if it wasn't for UIF they all wanted to slit eachothers throats at first opportunity.
Call me racist and minus me, But someone had to say it.