Poll

Reduce speed bonus for 1h cav

Yes
57 (52.3%)
No
52 (47.7%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Author Topic: Nerf 1h cav damage.  (Read 18550 times)

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
Nerf 1h cav damage.
« on: February 03, 2014, 12:33:54 pm »
+5
I don't know why there is no thread for this on the first page, but srsly, 1h cav damage needs to get reduced. 1 hitting archers and even medium armored infantry is fine when you hit the head, but the damage output of 1h cav on a fast horse (destrier/rouncey/courser) is so high that it is possible to onehit tincans.
The only situation where lancers do better than 1h cav is while fighting HA/HX because the have a higher range, but except for that 1h cav has all of the advantages, therefore i think that the extra damage that 1h cav gets out of speed bonus should be reduced.
This would also encourage 2h cav players, since they will receive the same penalty when they use their 2h as 1h with shield, but if their damage while using a 2h on horse stays at it is now (actually even higher than 1h cav damage) they have an increased risk due to having no shield, but get the damage advantage out of it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 03:34:32 pm by Tyr_ »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Nerf 1h cav damage.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 01:06:05 pm »
+1
TRUTH

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 02:01:39 pm »
+6
The only situation where lancers do better than 1h cav is while fighting HA/HX because the have a higher range, but except for that 1h cav has all of the advantages, therefore i think that the extra damage that 1h cav gets out of speed bonus should be reduced.

1h cav can't really 1v1 any melee player, even against 1handers they have to take considerable damage to their horse to be able to hit the enemy. Thats the advantage lancers have over them.

The damage is pretty high but without it why would you ever be 1h cav instead of lancer.

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 02:10:26 pm »
+2
I don't know how you fight infantry, but the only classes i cannot kill in a 1v1 are polearmers with awlpikes/lances
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 03:29:06 pm by Tyr_ »

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 03:00:06 pm »
+5
Reduce. Speed. Bonus. Exponent. Period.

GG 25p thrusts doing 3/4 hp.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 03:09:05 pm »
+3
I don't know how you fight infantry, but the only classes i cannot kill in a 1v1 are polearmers with or awlpikes/lances

im intrigued, are you saying you are capable of easily killing all other melee classes in 1vs1 ? and also funny that you think lancers are better when fighting vs HA/HX, some TRUTH right there haha

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 03:21:28 pm »
+1
You have the higher range, which means when you are behind them you can hit their horses easily, when i try to do this i get reared/slowed most of the time. Furthermore 90% of the 1h cav use 5 riding horses, which means we have no way to catch up to HA/HX, while lancers use faster & more maneuverable horses.
Also yeah, i can handle most other melee classes, ofc i'll take damage attacking them when they are aware of me, but while i can 1 or 2 hit them usually they need more hits to kill me or my horse.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 03:25:37 pm by Tyr_ »

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 03:22:53 pm »
+2
This thread should be here a more than year ago when Royanss massacred everything from his horse. Very cheap tactics was to lure lancer and stop him by great forcefield and bam one or two hits from almost static horse.

One hand cav damage was always op.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 03:27:41 pm »
+2
Just hit them first with your own weapon and oneshot them ? That's what I do.

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 03:41:22 pm »
+2
Also yeah, i can handle most other melee classes, ofc i'll take damage attacking them when they are aware of me, but while i can 1 or 2 hit them usually they need more hits to kill me or my horse.

This right here is the main problem with 1h cavalry, not the damage. It's that horses take way too many melee hits to die so even if you outplay an enemy cav player as melee it doesn't matter.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 04:00:18 pm »
+7
Compared to lancer

Pro
Slightly higher damage
Better against turtles
Wider arc

Cons
Put your horse at risk with all your attacks
Shorter length
No couch

If one needs a nerf, they both deserve one. I've played a lot of lancer and 1h cav and they're both great at what they do. 1h cav is stronger at the start of the round when you can engage in mass melee when few people are paying attention, lancer is better to carry teams at the end since you can make stabs/couches without risk to you or your horse.

I guess a small nerf to all heavy horses (along with internal re-balance) would be better than stat-nerfs. Light cav is not considered op by people, except for maybe the arabian.

I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 06:07:33 pm »
+3
I think they should just change the way bump slashes work. The weapon seems be able to intercept enemies in a very unintuitive way, and a disable+ instant kill attack is never fun for anyone
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 06:14:18 pm »
+2
You have the higher range, which means when you are behind them you can hit their horses easily, when i try to do this i get reared/slowed most of the time. Furthermore 90% of the 1h cav use 5 riding horses, which means we have no way to catch up to HA/HX, while lancers use faster & more maneuverable horses.

Let me just say that if your chasing HA/HX from behind your doing it wrong. It doesnt matter that lance has longer reach in a fight vs HA/HX because to kill them you need to hit them from the side or the front, catch them off guard. Also if they happen to run into something and get their horse reared 1h cav will do better job of securing a kill than a lancer.

Dont even try to make a 1h cav build with 5 riding some sort of a "fact", its personal preference, many lancers have 5 riding also.

I know that pure melee build can kill you in 1 or 2 hits no problem, speed bonus works both ways, but maybe you have full +3 masterwork armor set with high IF points, so tell us about what you wear ? And dont forget that if they dehorse you, infantry have 2 or 3 free hits on you.

@Grumbs your alternative for bumpslashing people that only block is ?

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 06:21:21 pm »
+1
I think cav should try to kill ranged with their ranged weapon drawn. Then we have a proper anti ranged class

Otherwise I think they should be like a stalking class that sneaks around at a slower speed then charges at enemies that aren't paying attention. If they turn and block then they should not get killed by bump slash imo, I don't really think it adds much to the game
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 06:45:54 pm »
+1
Compared to lancer

Pro
Slightly higher damage
Better against turtles
Wider arc

Cons
Put your horse at risk with all your attacks
Shorter length
No couch

If one needs a nerf, they both deserve one. I've played a lot of lancer and 1h cav and they're both great at what they do. 1h cav is stronger at the start of the round when you can engage in mass melee when few people are paying attention, lancer is better to carry teams at the end since you can make stabs/couches without risk to you or your horse.

I guess a small nerf to all heavy horses (along with internal re-balance) would be better than stat-nerfs. Light cav is not considered op by people, except for maybe the arabian.

Slightly higher dmg? 15/21 1h cav builds do more dmg than 21/15 lancer builds, its a fact ive tested it
Shorter Length? i think not the ghost range on the Arabian is ridiculous
Lancer puts his horse at risk as well , the new stabs make it hard for you not to lose health on your horse for either class.

you forgot when standing still 1h cav does a lot more damage then lancer cav, lanccer cav ned the speed while 1h don't.

Its been OP for a long time

This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?