Poll

Reduce speed bonus for 1h cav

Yes
57 (52.3%)
No
52 (47.7%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Author Topic: Nerf 1h cav damage.  (Read 18547 times)

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Nerf 1h cav damage.
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 07:14:58 pm »
+1
The damage per hit output of 1h cav IS pretty ridiculous right now.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 07:39:30 pm »
+1
All speed bonuses are too high, not only cav. Having played some lance cav recently (still quite low level), calling 1H cav OP in comparison is just not true. These are different classes who can target different opponents. 1H cav can not outreach anything without taking damage, while lance cav can take on Awlpikers head on. I know Tyr is pretty good but saying he can take on most melee players as 1H cav is just talk, it doesn't happen. With the recent buff to 1H stab even an archer with a BSS can outreach the ACS every time. Ofc they might fail their hits, but that's true to all 1on1 situations. Both parties playing perfectly 1H cav will lose every single time. Lance cav on the other hand will either hit a 1H shielder or bump him, which makes even bumping to help teammates much much easier.

Strudog steamrolling the servers with a lance cav build while complaining how OP 1H cav is... wow...

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 07:51:08 pm »
+1
All speed bonuses are too high, not only cav. Having played some lance cav recently (still quite low level), calling 1H cav OP in comparison is just not true. These are different classes who can target different opponents. 1H cav can not outreach anything without taking damage, while lance cav can take on Awlpikers head on. I know Tyr is pretty good but saying he can take on most melee players as 1H cav is just talk, it doesn't happen. With the recent buff to 1H stab even an archer with a BSS can outreach the ACS every time. Ofc they might fail their hits, but that's true to all 1on1 situations. Both parties playing perfectly 1H cav will lose every single time. Lance cav on the other hand will either hit a 1H shielder or bump him, which makes even bumping to help teammates much much easier.

Strudog steamrolling the servers with a lance cav build while complaining how OP 1H cav is... wow...
Problem is 1h cav is Ninja which attacks you when not aware or fighting. This will be OK if one pass doesn't kill avg 21/18 build.
Add small ultra agile arabian horse enveloped almost completely in force field when rider blocks.
Every ninja must be in shadow of this combo which only relies on stealth when approaching victim.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2014, 07:59:39 pm »
+1
Problem is 1h cav is Ninja which attacks you when not aware or fighting. This will be OK if one pass doesn't kill avg 21/18 build.
Add small ultra agile arabian horse enveloped almost completely in force field when rider blocks.
Every ninja must be in shadow of this combo which only relies on stealth when approaching victim.

One might argue that the problem is the awareness then :) But I do agree that the damage could be lower, however 1H cav does have it's drawbacks. And try surviving the EU1 ranged on an arabian :rolleyes:

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 08:00:43 pm »
+1
problem with most 1h cav is that they are just solid infantry builds who converted and put riding skills in at lvl 31 and 32 so they do massive damage with speed bonus, with that you can easily dehorse and be far more effective than most lancers who either have to drop a shield and take two polearms or use a Qstaff. 1h cav at lvl 30 means they sacrificing something to get the horse. But that's a problem with high level chars in general :D

For instance you can be amazing on foot and horse with heavy kite and ncs.
not so amazing with H lance a shield and Q staff as you would with any other polearmer set up. or you drop the shield which makes you ranged meat. (unless ofc your a high lvl hybrid)
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 08:03:48 pm »
+1
One hit super attack is lame as are arbamy old friends. 

Offline Soulreaver

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 08:25:20 pm »
+1
I'm not sure but i think the damage looks 0p cause it hits your head usually  :?:

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 09:54:12 pm »
+4
2h cav have no reson nowdays because most of 1h weapons have better damange output and are faster and longer than almost any 2h cav combo, also shield forcefiled on horesback is kind of retarded.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 10:15:38 pm »
+2
I think nerfing speed bonus for melee would cause many adverse effects. The best I could think of is reduce damage even more if you're hit by any bump combo. Just like crushthrough on block, reduced damage doesn't sound very farfetched.

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 10:20:48 pm »
+2
Chagan, I am playing at lvl 34, 24/15 with a Mamluk and a Heraldic Transitional. I do not say the i get out unscratched 1v1 against inf, to be honest fighing some archer with a small short gives me more trouble than 2hers due to the ridiculous 1 handed stab, but in the end I will still be killing them, even though that causes me & my horse to lose hp. Yes - the speed bonus works against me aswell, but only in the first hit, which i take with my shield/horse and when I hit them first they are nearly dead anyway.
Killing ranged is what I do nearly all the time - because I simply can't stand them because 1 got shot for 3 years while i played 2her...

Also I don't think heavy horses should get nerfed, there is a reason they are as strong as they are, my mamluk costs more upkeep than the whole equipment of a medium armored player. Imo the cataphract and the Eastern warhorse need a change in upkeep or stats, there is barely any difference in paying upkeep for them or the upkeep of a charger/mamluk, while the last ones are definitly far superior.

The only class i want to see getting a reduced damage advantage from the speed bonus is 1h cav. Lancers are fine and 2h cav need some love!

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2014, 10:37:25 pm »
+1
Lancers are fine and 2h cav need some love!

Truth!!

Anyways, i think people hate on 1h cav since its ez mode with the shield...

You have to be a maniac to play 2h/lancer cav nowadays with all that ranged shit  :D

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2014, 11:06:37 pm »
+1
Truth!!

Anyways, i think people hate on 1h cav since its ez mode with the shield...

You have to be a maniac to play 2h/lancer cav nowadays with all that ranged shit  :D

Umm, you do know you can use a shield as a lancer? That said, ranged hasn't caused me much trouble playing without a shield as cav either, since - unlike when playing infantry - I can avoid archers and backstab them.

Offline Mustikki

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2014, 12:07:25 pm »
+6
I gotta say something here too. I have played all of the classes with many different class modifications and last couple years mainly with light or heavy horse (lancer,2h cav, 1h cav, hx, ha, ht). Recently i have played mainly with my 1h cav with 7k upkeep. Before that i used to play lancer a lot.
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
My best score yesterday on full map (6 rounds): score 215 kills 38 deaths 3. Plenty of veterans on server.

1h cav gets the biggest pro from visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Arabian Cavalry Sword (+3 loomed: Speed 96, lenght 105, dmg 36 slash). It has insane (ghost) range and very high damage on horseback. Even with a walking horse the damage is stunning.
 or lighter horse goes down with 1-3 hits and depends on playing style can be a deathtrap.
 Mamluk (which is my current horse from 1,5 years) can soak plenty of badly done hits but with well made hits only few. I.e. I don't know Bagge's build but 2-5 arrows even on distance kills it fast. But bad piker/hoplite only damages it 5-10% per hit.

As for who I can easily kill? Unaware opponent, unsure players, distracted, stranglers etc.
The opposite. Aware opponent, self-confident, mass of ppl etc.

Bumpslashing makes hit easier but that doesn't work against players who are going to hit you before horse bump's them. Plenty of time I have died due to thrust. Ofc always depends on the situation what is best to use.
I can't 1 hit plate users with my current build 8ps, 140 wpf, ACS, Mamluk. Not even on full gallop. Guess with faster horse and more wpf that's possible.

2h cav
Don't you forget they can use shield too. It's just a choice to choose more damage. Almost any 2h lets you use shield. visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 (+3 loomed: spd 100, lenght 106, dmg 40 slash),
 (+3 loomed: spd 100, lenght 107, dmg 32 pierce), visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 (+3 loomed: spd 101, lenght 105, 39 slash), visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 (+3 loomed: spd 93, lenght 82, dmg 41 pierce).
What's the difference between 1h cav and 2h cav? Who makes you use shield while backstabbing people?

Lancer

Pre lance nerf i could 1 hit plate users without very high IF. Well, still makes nice dmg but less. Only long polearms can out reach lance's.
Bumpslashing with lance impossible? Right..
Let me tell you a secret. Lance visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 + Poleaxe visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 = 4 slots
Steel buckler visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 = 0 slot. With huge forcefield no frontal arrow can go trough it.

What's the biggest advantage cavalry has? Right, movement! No 13 athletic naked dude can out-run you! And that's only with few skill points in riding skill.
But all that luxury has a flip side. Upkeep. Courser 1,388 gold, Arabian Warhorse 1,540 gold (which is a bit too low vs. effectiveness vs. other horses), Destrier 1,642 gold, Barded Warhorse 1,804 gold, Cataphract Horse 3,129 gold, Mamluk Horse 3,872 gold, Plated Charger 4,592 gold.
A skilled player has the ability to make Arabian Warhorse best weapon in game and only with 1540 gold upkeep.

With the same amount of upkeep you could be using Transitional gear visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 upkeep 1,358 gold.

Advantage by gold versus gold digger on foot. Yeah, it's expensive but it also gives. Too much? -> Give infantry better helmets. The high damage comes from head hits anyway.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2014, 12:40:50 pm »
Oh god please. Stop this bullshit.

That is OP, that's op, thats op. Just learn to play you lamers. 1h cav has no chance against an experienced infantry player with enough movement to outplay the cavalry. It's also the reason why I stopped playing the class. It is simply unreliable. If you suck, just wear better helmets. It is also what an infantry can use as an advantage compared to an archer. By nerfing 1h cav damage, you will nerf their effectiveness versus archers too.

Mustikki I think 2h wep with shield goes into 1h cav catagory because it uses 1h proficiency. There's also long iron mace you forgot to consider (recent patch allowed it to be used on horseback)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 12:49:47 pm by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2014, 01:58:23 pm »
+1
Learn to play 1h cav and maybe you will realize it is OP. The entire point of being on a horse is that you pretty much never have to fight the experienced infantry player that is aware of your presence, just go somewhere else and take 50% hp of the experienced infantry in full plate with 76 head and body armor who is currently distracted by 2 infantry trying to bash his skull in and the approaching cav from the other side. I think it was Mustikki yesterday who took over 50% of my hp while I had nearly max head armour in the game. The problem is the damage output which allows you to rack up so much kills so fast on players that can currently not fend you off..