• Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GK, Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: WARLORD, Kegorus
Re: Valour
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2014, 02:15:45 pm »
I posted that before the valour got bugged (or before I learned that it was bugged).

Well that's why we had our misunderstanding. I started this thread when it was already bugged..

And I'm not only talking about siege, also valour in battle doesn't work as it used to.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2014, 03:09:55 pm »
+1

On siege a lone player can win or lose the round for their team far better than on battle. Valor is to reward the exceptional efforts of players which makes sense in battle - as killing the other team is the objective, if you kill lots but your team fails then it's fair that you get valour. In siege the reward for your efforts should be taking, or defending the flag whether it's by charging in head-first, sneaking in, or holding the gatehouse.

There are lots of ways to help your team in siege, your reward is if it works and you win, in battle the only way to help is to fight.

True true, I hate it when pro players get rewarded for kill farming whilst not even being close to the flag, theyre ussually just picking up lone stragglers around the castles edges without even coming near the clusterfucks and bottlenecks that would actually help the team defend or breakthrough. They do all this in the hope of getting valour and saving their own multiplier, while giving a big middlefinger to their teammates.

The difference between battle and siege is, as you implied, the completely different style of play. Siege in fact has a set objective to capture or defend, whilst battle is in a way just charging eachother, there is no objective one can work towards other then do well, and by doing well I mean killing the enemy players. In the battle environment Valour has its place and encourages the players to do even better. Whilst on siege it only detracts from the objective and allows players to go Rambo and get rewarded for it, whilst the rest of the team is outnumbered and ran over.

Naturally this doesnt happen all the time, but it does happen and it simply doesn't make sense to reward solo play effort whilst the actual team get penalized for it.
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2014, 04:04:42 pm »
True true, I hate it when pro players get rewarded for kill farming whilst not even being close to the flag, theyre ussually just picking up lone stragglers around the castles edges without even coming near the clusterfucks and bottlenecks that would actually help the team defend or breakthrough. They do all this in the hope of getting valour and saving their own multiplier, while giving a big middlefinger to their teammates.

You don't always feel like carrying your team, especially since the bottom half of your entire team is not really doing much, other than semi-leeching. Ontop of that it's not really fun having the pressure of carrying an entire team every single round. I want to have fun while playing, and being forced into doing that every single round is not really a joy, because i know my team will lose if i don't. So sometimes you change it and just play like you want, finding small skirmishes.

PS: Just being honest.

Edit: Valour does encourage people to play contrary to what is actually needed, in some cases, but it's also nice to have, since you do have to put in a lot of work to get it. Furthermore, if you kill a ton of people, you still stop them from actually making it to the flag and being a threat.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 04:42:49 pm by _GTX_ »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2014, 04:25:32 pm »
You don't always feel like carrying your team, especially since the bottom half of your entire team is not really doing much, other than semi-leeching. Ontop of that it's not really fun having the pressure of carrying an entire team every single round. I want to have fun while playing, and being forced into doing that every single round is not really a joy, because i know my team will lose if i don't. So sometimes you change it and just play like you want, finding small skirmishes.

That is entirely besides the point! My point is that someone gets rewarded for a playstyle that is a penalty for the rest of the team. Not about wether not not you "feel like carrying".

Neither is it about fun in this matter, even without valour you can skirmish around, but you will rewarded for your entire teams effort, not your solo hunting along the maps edges. You are in no way being forced to defend or attack when valour would be removed.

The only thing that would change is that the individual skirmishing player wont be rewarded for being detrimental to the overal performance of the team. Valour wont safe your ass when you are picking up noobs on the castle walls without paying attention to your objective.

Ontop of that it's not really fun having the pressure of carrying an entire team every single round

this comment is silly - it isnt about the individual wants and needs of a player, it is in this case about the game mose Siege and some systems that are in place that are, imo, detrimental to the overall approach that players take to the gamemode with the current system that is in place.

Since when do you carry on siege?  :wink:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 04:32:19 pm by Joseph Porta »
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2014, 05:38:12 pm »
+7
I like the valor system, when it is not bugged out... Please release the patch so we can get valor regularly again.
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline Combaticus

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gay Pride Worldwide
  • Game nicks: Combaticus, Big_Gay_Baby, BOOM_SHAKA_LAKA
  • IRC nick: Combat
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2014, 04:32:34 pm »
+3
FIX THIS BULLSHIT

I'M TIRED OF CARRYING MY SHIT TEAM AND NOT GETTING REWARDED :evil:

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2014, 05:01:40 pm »
Valor on siege is broken, 350 points and still no valor, also valor is broken for all second team. (In battle mode as well).

also don't forget you get more repairs in siege than in battle.

battle is always ruined by Cav, its natural people would like to have some fun in siege

Offline Arthur_

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 557
  • Infamy: 148
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Arthur
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2014, 12:54:03 pm »
+2
DEV LOGIC : HA AND 1H CAV OP, LETS NERF VALOR. GG WP BB

Jackie who?

Offline Royans

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2014, 01:16:47 pm »
Well atm, u should just add back the old one, and give u time to make something else.
It's actually very frustrating to be on the right ( SIDE ! fu :D )  team nowadays.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 02:27:20 pm by Royans »

Offline STR_aD_Sargon_eqv

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2014, 06:28:12 pm »
I posted that before the valour got bugged (or before I learned that it was bugged).
ok  :D

slowpoke  :mrgreen:

Offline STR_aD_Sargon_eqv

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2014, 06:29:41 pm »
DEV LOGIC : HA AND 1H CAV OP, LETS NERF VALOR. GG WP BB
they didn't nerf it. just broke. like everything they trying to change lelelele

Offline Royans

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2014, 06:35:47 pm »
Tydeus said its fixed, but we will need to wait chadz to patch crpg.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 01:09:28 am by Royans »