Author Topic: Astralis Relations  (Read 342 times)

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
Astralis Relations
« on: May 30, 2015, 04:40:16 am »
+3
Moonshine stood atop the highest walls of his castle, his gaze locked to the east.  "Well tell me lads, what do you see?"

One guard removed the glass from his face, and looked at his Lord. "Three armies.  Decent sized, plowing through peasants, and burning all in their path."

Moonshine frowned.  Once upon a time, Astralis was pushed out of their homes, and had to turn to a nomad's life.  "I don't like this.  I don't like this one bit.  Isn't right.  None of it.  I guess I only have one recourse.  Get word to Lumetta's people.  If his followers..."

"Her...  I believe Lumetta is a woman."  The guard interrupted.

"Fine, fine... if HER people..."

"No, I'm pretty sure it's a guy."  Said a second guard...

Moonshine glared at them both.  "Stop interrupting.  Get word to Lumetta's people... if its followers..."  He paused, expecting an interruption, but then continued.  "If they need a place to find shelter, they may come here to Senuzgda Castle.  If they need goods, they may freely trade.  Send word to each of our fiefs, and let our merchants know of it.  At least one of you needs to stay and watch the East.  If something changes, let me know.  If not...  I'll be in the map room.  I need to think some more."

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: Astralis Relations
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 05:56:25 am »
+1
Wait, you still own a Castle?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
Re: Astralis Relations
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 05:49:10 pm »
+2
Tristan was bored.  "Where is everyone?" he asked.

"Well," one of the guards answered, "the Emperor is at Senuzgda castle renewing diplomatic relations with Astralis..."

"Whoa," Tristan interrupted, "when did he leave?"

"Just yesterday, sir."

"Well then, I had better join him... for moral support."  Tristan grinned.  These diplomatic missions with Moonshine were always the same- Bryggan and Moonshine clasping hands, assuring each other of non-aggression, then sitting down to the best Astralis wine and telling old war stories amicably.  Bryggan would probably be gone a week enjoying Moonshine's hospitality, and Tristan planned on being there for that party.  Always a good time.

He was approaching the stables when he heard loud cursing, and watched in surprise as three stable boys bolted out of the building in terror.  Tristan caught one by the arm.  "What's going on in there," he asked.

"The emperor is back sir," the boy answered, "and he's not in a good mood."  Tristan released his grip and let the boy scamper away.  'I better approach cautiously,' he thought, and withdrew his wineskin as he entered the stable.

Bryggan was rubbing down his own horse, rather roughly, and muttering under his breath.  Tristan decided to play it safe.  "Here, catch," he called out, and threw his wineskin to Bryggan.  Bryggan caught it, looked at it, then downed the whole container is one swig.

"You seem a little out of sorts," Tristan said, "not the usual promises of eternal friendship with Astralis this time?"

"Oh, promises alright," Bryggan growled, "friendship with a cost.  Moonshine asked for Dhirim and and Derchios Castle in exchange for his non-enmity."

"Hmm, seems a little excessive.  Is that all he offered?"

"Well, a couple measly villages.  Like I would evict a king, especially one like Volkwin who has done so much for us.  I offered him Derchios inexchange for Mazigh and free trade and a defensive pact."

"Seems generous to me, though Sitvek might not have liked that.  And what did Moonshine say?"

"He said nothing.  He left me pacing in his hall for hours, like I was some beggar.  I finally left in disgust."

Tristan frowned.  "Well this is an odd turn of events," he said.

"The problem is that people think we are weak.  Moonshine seemed to think that we were so beset by enemies we would pay for peace.  Like I would stoop to that."

"Pay the Danegeld, and the Dane never goes away" Tristan murmered.

"Exactly what I said.  I think we need to demonstrate our strength.  Maybe then Moonshine will use a little common sense when at the negotiation table.  I have no interest in Astralis lands, but the rattling of his sabre has given me a head-ache and has made me quite grumpy."

With Bryggan somewhat mollified, the two went to the Great Hall.  "Minstrel," Bryggan called out, "play us that Danegeld song.  I think we need a reminder of what weakness buys."

The minstrel picked up his lute and began to play.

(click to show/hide)