Author Topic: Two-directional polearms are a fucking joke  (Read 6565 times)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Two-directional polearms are a fucking joke
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2013, 05:58:14 pm »
to be fair i find most 2d polearms fine. Ashwood pike and awlpike however seem to be better 1 on 1 weapons than anything else :D as a pole/1h/cav/anything guy (i have 18-18 120wpf in 1h 120wpf in 2h) i fear someone with awlpike or ashwood more than say teeth as a hoplite or with his pike :D no offence if you just had awlpike id run like hell but as hoplite im willing to risk an attack. other polearms seem ok just awlpike and ashwood are bane of my life <3

tldr id rather fight the top 5 2h duelists in a row on eu1 than a great fighter with an awlpike :/
What if the hoplite is using an ashwood :P

I can say that the English Bill has been fine ever since they reduced it's weight so it turns faster. With the recent overhead speed up it's a very good weapon. It's just that with the recent superbuff to all stabs having a 34p overhead and a 30p stab is worse than having a 35p stab and a crap overhead on for example the Long Awlpike. Stabs outshine the polearm overhead by far now, which makes them relatively UP, but only because the real stabby polearms are OP.

Although I played with the English Bill today and the hit detection was god awful, I teamhit and missed much more than I can remember. It hits way too the right of where I aim usually. Also, the Swiss Halberd with it's 41c is in my opinion terrible compared to the 34p of the Bill. Ranseur is not much of an overhead focused polearm anyway, 30c is crap, it's OP because of the good stab.
The thing about English Bill and Swiss Halberd I think, you can fight back with Swiss Halberd in 1v1 while you can't with English Bill (similiar to long spear etc. , not with conventional methods I mean). Is that the same for you too?
By the way, a small correction :)
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D