Author Topic: The "1/3 rule"  (Read 4018 times)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
The "1/3 rule"
« on: October 11, 2013, 08:22:00 am »
+1
So I heard through the grapevine that wooden walls were destructible, and didn't believe it until I was placed behind a bunch of wooden walls that were shattered and smashed. RIP New Radoghir Castle

I also heard through the grapevine that you're only required 2500 troops to attack any fief in existence. For example, could you could send your nice 2500 man army to attack a castle with 15000 troops or more in it, and the attack would go through?

Any insight?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Re: The "1/3 rule"
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 08:39:38 am »
+1
So I heard through the grapevine that wooden walls were destructible, and didn't believe it until I was placed behind a bunch of wooden walls that were shattered and smashed. RIP New Radoghir Castle

I also heard through the grapevine that you're only required 2500 troops to attack any fief in existence. For example, could you could send your nice 2500 man army to attack a castle with 15000 troops or more in it, and the attack would go through?

Any insight?

I heard that too but I haven't been able to get any confirmation and have since decided treat it as false unless proven otherwise.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 04:15:42 pm »
Would be beast and unlock most of the wars that have been brought to an end because of stacking of doom (even though its becoming classic to attack with thousands of troops).

Btw, does the god-like amount of defenders tickets can increase the battle time ? 2hours+ strat battles is a reality ?

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 04:16:41 pm »
if a couple of clans are willing to donate 500 troops a piece we would be happy to test it... Would rather not kill the full 2500 of our own for no reason
Leader of BS

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • Renown: 208
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vermilion
  • IRC nick: Vermilion
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 06:44:12 pm »
Btw, does the god-like amount of defenders tickets can increase the battle time ? 2hours+ strat battles is a reality ?

It's done on the smallest army isn't it? So you would have to attack a 8k+ fief with around 8k troops to get beyond 2 hours.

If you attacked with 2500 I think you would just get the normal 90min, no matter the defending army size.

(I know 4k gives about 2 hours, don't know what the next level up is)

I'm sure EU will quickly find out if this is a rumor or truth (Lots of people attacking Coalition atm and most of their fiefs have over 10k troops). Does hurt to try attacking with 2.5k troops.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 06:48:14 pm by Vermilion »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 08:26:37 pm »
+2
I'm pretty sure just under 2 hours is the maximum time you can get a strat battle for.  That's why attacking with more than 1800 or so (depending on map you're fighting on) is a waste of tickets (not to mention the spawn timer).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 09:10:14 pm »
+3
Christ, I get bored after 60 mins, let alone 90 or 2 hours. Fuck that.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Shik

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gilmore Girls
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 09:37:33 pm »
pretty sure that's false but don't take my word for it. would be a good way to fix the 1/3 rule problem though

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 09:54:41 pm »
I'm pretty sure just under 2 hours is the maximum time you can get a strat battle for.  That's why attacking with more than 1800 or so (depending on map you're fighting on) is a waste of tickets (not to mention the spawn timer).

Not when it's a successful attack, the extra spawn time affects both teams. If you're confident you can get a better k/d it can give you the extra time/increase enemy spawn time you need to take the fief.

I know Crusaders pretty much just gave up but still..
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=5277
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=5128

These two are far more impressive!!
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=5358
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=5269

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 01:05:53 am »
+6
Christ, I get bored after 60 mins, let alone 90 or 2 hours. Fuck that.

Lol, you guys missed strat 1 - 4 hour battles were the norm, no room for the weak-hearted.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Harald

• The old
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 06:59:03 am »
+61
In the next update the 1/3 rule will be ignored when you attack with 1.800 or more troops. The maximum battle time depends on the smaller army only: with 1.800 troops you get ~80 minutes, to get the maximum of 3 hours you would need ~9.300 troops with the current formula.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 07:51:01 am »
+5
In the next update the 1/3 rule will be ignored when you attack with 1.800 or more troops. The maximum battle time depends on the smaller army only: with 1.800 troops you get ~80 minutes, to get the maximum of 3 hours you would need ~9.300 troops with the current formula.

How do I upvote this post more than once?

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 08:10:55 am »
+2

Awesome news... any chance of an ETA though? :O

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 09:06:45 am »
+4

Waterfalls of tears were not vain  :mrgreen:

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 12:08:48 pm »
+1

Great news :)

Thanks for letting us know

(I was pretty close with my guess of 8k troops :) )