Poll

Should they Remove the Large Castle Maps for NA Siege?

Yes
23 (82.1%)
No
3 (10.7%)
Don't Care
2 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Remove Large Maps from NA Siege  (Read 842 times)

Offline UnholyRolyPoly

• Earl
  • Renown: 348
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Remove Large Maps from NA Siege
« on: October 04, 2013, 06:07:47 pm »
+5
NA has a smaller player base than EU.  Most of our people focus on battle and as we all know.... siege is pretty much dead.  However there is a small dedicated group who continues to play siege.  But the most I've seen on the server in the last six months was probably 30 people.  When two teams of fifteen fight it out over a ridiculously huge map guess what.... people quit and go play NA1.  Most of the time you get some nice action on siege.  Then you come across a massive castle map and it's over.  Either the teams spread out after the initial engagement trying to ninja the flag meaning there is very little combat or all of the fighting happens at the flag.... in which case you have to walk through a gigantic map just to get to the fight.  It's just boring.   I've played a good bit of siege on EU and it's great.  There is usually 50+ people on.  Those very same maps are a lot of fun because it's about taking and securing points.  But NA siege isn't equipped for that.  The small maps play very similar to EU because the fighting is condensed. 

We don't need a large map rotation.  We don't even really need new maps.  Just remove all of the large castle maps altogether.  Most of the wooden castle maps are fine.  If you do this.... it will actually make siege playable with the average 20 people on the server.  Just put it to a vote or try it out.  NA people complain about large maps every single time they pop up because we don't have the player base to attack and defend so many points. 

Just my two cents.  Thanks. 

Edit-  BTW.....  a double XP Friday once a month would go a long way toward revitalizing siege.  Especially if you fix the map rotation. 

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Remove Large Maps from NA Siege
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 11:49:37 pm »
I agree NA siege needs some changes and fast. I made a similar thread a few weeks back about removing that stupid fucking LOTR map with the gigantic ladders.  The map is still in and is still killing the server. Take some pride in running your mod or give the duty away to someone who cares.
Jackson And No Bank

Offline UnholyRolyPoly

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 01:50:35 am »
I added a poll. 

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 06:22:05 am »
Been saying this is needed on NA2...however, not sure if permission for a separate NA2 rotation has been granted.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Xeen

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 06:32:35 am »
+2
We just need that scaling spawn timer.

Offline GandalfJr

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • fat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sloths
  • Game nicks: Cleveland
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 07:08:15 am »
I dunno bout you but there was 50 people of before, and I know for Siege that's a lot. I sometimes enjoy the big maps (Which there are so few of)
balls are like boobs

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 10:17:33 pm »
I added a poll. 
WELL done I voted!

I dunno bout you but there was 50 people of before, and I know for Siege that's a lot. I sometimes enjoy the big maps (Which there are so few of)
was over 50 on last night but that was the first time i'd seen that many in a few weeks, and i play NA siege daily

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP!

still wouldnt fix the big map issue but at least the Defense would have a chance
We just need that scaling spawn timer.
Jackson And No Bank

Offline UnholyRolyPoly

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 11:29:43 pm »
I think it's easy to see that the VAST majority of people agree with this.  (Current vote is 18-3 in favor of smaller maps)  I've played a good bit of NA2 as well as EU2 because I was Fallen.  The big maps are great on EU servers because there are so many people.  Think about it like this....  If you have a relatively large map with 25 people on each side.... it's pretty easy to defend 3 points.  The flag, maybe the wall/gatehouse, and another entry point.  So the long walks between those points aren't really that big of a deal because there are enough people to at least cover them and delay the attackers. 

However take that same map and play it with 18 people......  That's generally how many I see on NA2.  Now you have 9 per team to cover three entry points that are stretched out over a very large map.  Typically it's impossible for the defenders to cover that large of an area because there isn't enough force at any given location to do anything.  So what generally happens is either A) the defenders try to hold various points like the gatehouse and a single guy can easily ninja the flag or B) the more likely scenario is that everyone just camps the flag.

Another problem is the re-spawn aspect.  Large castle maps on EU are fun because no matter where you respawn there is a legitimate fight close bye.  However on NA2....  it's nothing more than a pain.  You respawn in this huge map.... the entire fight is typically taking place at the flag... it's just flat our boring.  It's a chicken and the egg thing.  People don't play siege because there aren't enough people to actually make it interesting. 

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 12:04:23 am »
how about you just stop playing siege Unholy

PROBLEM SOLVED

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 02:54:14 am »
Poll was put up, results have been reported to Fips.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline UnholyRolyPoly

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 02:35:04 am »
Thanks a lot man.