Author Topic: Suggestions to re-balance throwing.  (Read 25592 times)

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions to re-balance throwing.
« Reply #270 on: June 22, 2011, 11:00:19 pm »
You know how he refuses to make patch notes or inform people of how he edits game mechanics.

Yup. "Howwe to playe thee gamee."
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline yumi_cheeseman

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 25, 2011, 04:58:41 am »
I just started recently, am on my first character who is a throwing/2H character, and I really enjoy the throwing (so much that I often wade in with a pack of only heavy throwing axes), and even though I've become quite accurate with them, the wpf limit means I have to carry light armour and so die rather quickly (specially to archers), and any enemy with shield or heavy armour make my shots useless.

I definitely think that a small increase in stack, and a small decrease to the wpf requirements is needed. In addition I'd like to see a bit more given to heirlooming, as I plan to heirloom a throwing item, but at the moment, I can't see it being worth it. Perhaps a 1 point increase of missile speed on 1st and third heirloom (second has speed increase)

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DONT_GO_THERE, ARTIEstrongestmanINTHEWORLD, WHERES_MY_CHIPPY, PINGAS, derpyhooves, George_Costanza
« Reply #272 on: June 26, 2011, 02:46:23 pm »
Good ideas Yumi!

Don't forget maybe a boost to accuracy upon looming too?  Although what I'd like best would be a return to an increase of the number of weapons in a stack.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 02, 2011, 10:20:43 pm »
Good ideas Yumi!

Don't forget maybe a boost to accuracy upon looming too?  Although what I'd like best would be a return to an increase of the number of weapons in a stack.

From what I was told, it sounds like they're more interested in having heirlooming increase projectile speed, and sticking to wpf for the accuracy changes. Which is great. It was one of my suggestions, and if the info is straight, then that's a few problems taken care of.

The only things I'm unclear of is how the reduced wpf from powerthrow currently effects accuracy. If wpf gets changed to effect accuracy more, will it not matter because powerthrow reduces our wpf substantially?

That and when the patch is coming are the only two things on my mind anymore. Otherwise things are fine, as long as nothing terrible has happened in the last week or two to change their minds on everything.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.