Author Topic: Has the coalition given up?  (Read 18198 times)

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
Re: Has the coalition given up?
« Reply #165 on: October 09, 2013, 08:50:38 pm »
+2
BTW: Who is Bittersteel?

Some kid from the Kalmar Union, called sir kurwa or fifi or something.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Renown: 456
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 09, 2013, 09:02:44 pm »
Wait what ?

How is itembombing not a big deal if it's clearly intentional ?

Next thing we're going to see from Greys is skyladdering, and the usual :
*that's the battle where we skyladdered. Look, i don't see much difference of losses to the other fights*

That's one fucked up argument right there...

Let me answer that with another quote before i go to sleep again ;)

First of all, i "kinda" itembombed, yes. But thats no big deal and wasnt even heavily damaging you, it also was an accident, i just dumped my shit i had into the castle cause i thought you´ll sort it out anyway, it was like some seconds too late. I actually wanted to sell them, but it didnt worked, so i put the stuff in, NOT KNOWING why selling wasnt working, till Rogue came on TS and "kindly" told me how it worked. If you dont want to belive me go on.

Sorry for not knowing, i never had a fief ...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #167 on: October 09, 2013, 09:12:32 pm »
+3
Right. No matter. We really wanted civilize this war, but you only pretend good intentions. Kiss my ass.

BTW: Who is Bittersteel?

I'm that third wheel that you can't get rid off.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #168 on: October 09, 2013, 09:21:57 pm »
Let me answer that with another quote before i go to sleep again ;)

Sorry for not knowing, i never had a fief ...

Didn't know that part.

Don't take fiefs if you don't know how to manage them ! :mrgreen:

And... i doubt it's hard to ask to people knowledgeable, especially when you claim you're often on TS.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 10:28:30 pm by Bulzur »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #169 on: October 09, 2013, 09:24:48 pm »
Haha, oh my. Get off that high horse dude.

Because of what, Mr. Scene Manager?

That video is especially for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPCiW2xFKf4

And now keep your monkey joy and mute me because of diplomatic forum rules  :wink:

Some kid from the Kalmar Union, called sir kurwa or fifi or something.

Ah, sir kurwa, that explains a lot  :mrgreen:

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #170 on: October 09, 2013, 09:25:13 pm »
but if you never get a fief how will you know how to manage them :D
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #171 on: October 09, 2013, 09:25:30 pm »
+13
Item bombing = ban.

Serious offence.

Don't want to see another incident.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline mrrdhardy

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Packer_The_Sloth
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Sloths
  • Game nicks: Packer_The_Sloth Brotherman_Bill Bo_Bo_The_Sloth_Templar_Hobo
« Reply #172 on: October 09, 2013, 09:48:46 pm »
NA took Fisdar... Pretty much sure that is 100% of what we wanted from EU. Thus ends the debate. NA has won strat, grats peasants!
The fact that they attacked a clan that had given up on strat and only had half a roster. Also the roster was around 95% EU members since they tried using there own members but failed every time so they decided not to use its own members and let the greys take it for them  8-).

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #173 on: October 09, 2013, 10:08:23 pm »
Item bombing = ban.

Item bombing is nothing compared to this:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #174 on: October 09, 2013, 10:27:57 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
I'd say ban for stealing that wall, what next, will they try to sneak out with the keep or the gatehouse in their bags at night?

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 09, 2013, 10:33:46 pm »
Interesting how cheating and exploiting still happens so often in here. Unleash hell, Nessaj.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 09, 2013, 11:12:07 pm »
+3
(click to show/hide)

So that was the broken wall far off in the distance.
You saying it wasnt there from the beginning ?

I heard months ago about the "drivable" wall parts but I saw noone drive it to block your catapults. Did you see a Coalition guy in the sky, mounting a broken wall part to your respawn ?  :lol:

Anyway the front wall was completely down, there wasnt any other walls you could shoot from that direction; you would have needed to move the catapult somewhere else, avoiding the random obstacle.

Also, I heard there was some "agreements" to give the defenders time to sort out the shit Knitler put in the fief (voluntarily or not), was it respected or not ? What was the details of the backstage agreement ?

I can totally see some guys thinking this was completely planned and then the agreement wasnt respected one bit, putting blame on the factions currently attacking the Coalition. All this to try to capture a castle easily.
Then guys on attacks blame defenders because they use ladders to do unceremonial things. I can see that the "blaming defenders for defending" is still strong. Shame I see some friends doing that, when I was with them defending their fiefs or attacking their enemies, with the exact same manoeuvers some time ago. Bagge, dont do zis.

Also if one wanted to be 100% strict, ignoring the item-bombing does not protect from being punished for item-bombing.
Knitler, what really "didnt work" when you tried to sell the items that you had to manually transfer all your shit in a castle, selecting "Uhhun Castle" in a list of possibly more than one guy you could have transfered your items to? I guess you're not the only grey inside the besieged castle.

And a veteran like you never heard of item-bombing ? Never been in ONE STRAT FIGHT, where you saw yourself the effect of item-bombing and been explained how it happened ?

0% buying

100% entertained by all the shit going on though, will apply to more strat fights in the future and listen closely in TS

P.S.:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:25:28 pm by Butan »

Offline Zomg

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • Lord of Sungetche
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • IRC nick: Kebabmeister
« Reply #177 on: October 09, 2013, 11:50:47 pm »
I like how I am being punished for a one-liner, where everyone is bullshitting. Perhaps I should write a wall of text, containing nothing but ego-boost, lies and uh... bullshit?

Yes. We actually discussed using a part of our wall to block Catapults. It is a grey-area, you know? And about the ladders used from the castles / cities. I have no idea why everyone is so butt-hurt about them. It is unrealistic? Forward-spawns are unrealistic. Equipment chests that you can spawn hundreds of ladders, siege shields, stakes and different equipment types are unrealistic. Using ladders to protect forward-spawns and key locations are unrealistic, as it is not the main purpose of the ladder itself. Claiming someone accidentally item-bombed a fief, who plays the game for some time is unrealistic. Item bombing the same Castle twice, in a row, and not stopping until someone goes and confronts them is unrealistic. A ladder was bugging the attacker ladders, at Uhhun Castle. When attackers asked, Coalition people destroyed that ladder, where it was used for archers. Knowing that and bitching about Coalition, not wanting a fair game is unrealistic.

Do you want me to continue?

After the itembomb, Sungetche had 113 different type of items. Just to avoid any problems, and knowing Kapıkulu would never stick with their word, we only put around 30 or so items back, where an another 50 remained on me, which was originally planned to be placed back.

But hey. Who cares about facts? Imaginary shit is always better.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #178 on: October 10, 2013, 12:25:53 am »
+1

Just to avoid any problems, and knowing Kapıkulu would never stick with their word, we only put around 30 or so items back, where an another 50 remained on me, which was originally planned to be placed back.

Actually you are very wrong. At the beginning of the battle Ozan explained you struck the deal and asked us all to hold on with the attack to let you sort out the eq. Quite on contrary I was VERY surprised that you didn't stick to the deal cause I actually expected Coallition - of all factions - to follow to the word given...

Sad.

Offline Rogue

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 31
  • Margrave of Brandenburg
    • View Profile
    • HRE Forum
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Rogue_HRE Harald_HRE Lodwig_HRE Egidius_HRE
  • IRC nick: Rogue_HRE
« Reply #179 on: October 10, 2013, 12:55:24 am »
+12
Actually you are very wrong. At the beginning of the battle Ozan explained you struck the deal and asked us all to hold on with the attack to let you sort out the eq. Quite on contrary I was VERY surprised that you didn't stick to the deal cause I actually expected Coallition - of all factions - to follow to the word given...

Sad.

I don't think I quite follow you here, in what way did we not honor the agreement? Our part of that deal was to get rid of the excess gear from the item bomb, which we, too our great relief, managed to do quite fast. The enemies part was to give us time to do that. If Ozan said something like to this effect, all glory to him, but what we saw was quite different. We were besieged the moment the battle started. Building cats and all the other assorted stuff is not exactly "giving time", because as the defender it is of course in our interest to deny the attacker doing this as best as we can. Which the item bomb denied us from doing from the get go. And yes, we did not have much faith in a word given by Kapilulu, which is hardly surprising. In the end it we managed to solve it, Kapis did not itembomb again, Cooties instilled the fear of the mighty banhammer into all future itembombers, so all is well.

Knitler only put a few items into a different castle, not even close to what Kapis did twice at Sungetche, that happened already like a week ago and was quickly solved with a quick talk on TS. Although what he posted here differs from what he said on TS (you do not transfer to a castle by accident!), but whatever.

What great evil did we commit Harpag? Did the floating wall scare you? This was some kind of glitch caused by attacker catapults hitting something, the backwall of the castle to be precise. We had nothing to do with this, blame the bad aim of attackers engineers and the almighty strat bugs for this.

Regarding the blocking of siege towers: it is not against the rules, but at the same time it is kind of glitchy and cheesy, but so is building a siege tower inside the enemies wall/tower f.e. There is still a lot of stuff possible in strat that is bullshit, but not covered by the rules or, even explicitly allowed but everyone hates it (like the gravity defying ladders). Lots of people still mistake those with true forbidden skyladders. Personally i would prefer something like this.
But ladders aside there is so much wrong, crappy and buggy about strat sieges (no matter if defender or attacker), from maps to game mechanics and I don't think we will see any major improvements/fixes in this round anymore. We can always expand on the strat rules haboe started though, talking to us directly is more effective towards that end though, than playing the village idiot in the diplomacy forum with the rest of the heroes.

Sacrum Romanum Imperium