Author Topic: Strategus Reset?  (Read 6250 times)

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
Re: Strategus Reset?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2013, 02:34:31 am »
+1
IMO. The part in the old strat were you make your own gear that you use in battle/siege should be re implemented. Would increase server populations and lower traiders
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2013, 04:42:11 am »
Come on, devs, take some time to collect your patches and your updates, apply them, and then give us a new round of Strategus.  Don't keep us waiting with anticipation!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2013, 04:51:05 am »
do you not follow chadz? https://twitter.com/chadzius
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2013, 02:02:15 pm »
+1
If the devs have no gameplay change to propose, this can go on and on for months without anything changing for bad or good.

I think a big change they can make is implement "food stores" ( http://forum.melee.org/strategus-general-discussion/suggestion-create-%27food-stores%27-that-control-how-large-a-garrison-can-be/ ) .  The amount of food in a fief is what determines how many troops/population a fief can have.  You can transfer food from one fief to another (so villages can make castles/cities into larger garrisons).

The reason for this suggestion is so that you can effectively besiege fiefs now instead of having to physically assault them.  You'd be able to starve out garrisons and force them to sally out of the castle and fight you on the open field (or try to run the blockade with much needed food). 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Matze

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nuuks_Slave_the_Grey
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2013, 04:26:12 pm »
+1
I think a big change they can make is implement "food stores" ( http://forum.melee.org/strategus-general-discussion/suggestion-create-%27food-stores%27-that-control-how-large-a-garrison-can-be/ ) .  The amount of food in a fief is what determines how many troops/population a fief can have.  You can transfer food from one fief to another (so villages can make castles/cities into larger garrisons).

The reason for this suggestion is so that you can effectively besiege fiefs now instead of having to physically assault them.  You'd be able to starve out garrisons and force them to sally out of the castle and fight you on the open field (or try to run the blockade with much needed food). 

I think the idea with the food is a good idea why they dont change it? or how you think a army can overlive without food?

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 02:23:17 am »
+1
It always gets said, so here it as again!

Only reboot it when there is new stuff to test so on and so forth.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2013, 02:27:03 am »
+1
Its not useful to ask for a reset since they officially declared there will be test/updates/stuff WHILE the strat 4 round is ongoing.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2013, 04:56:31 am »
rip in peace strat 4

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2013, 05:08:24 am »
R.I.P. IN PEESE
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2013, 12:49:39 pm »
insert penis.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2013, 12:54:00 pm »
+3
Implement the following as a minimum, then reset

1) 1/3 rule fix (due next week)
2) Change the fief voting system (not sure how but needs to be far easier to manage and with an even more random result to force clans away from the same old claims)
3) Allow Fief owners to manage their fiefs from anywhere (frees up more players to actually do stuff)
4) Increase the level of the free gear and give it to both attackers and defenders.  No battle should ever be without equipment.
5) Allow destroying of equipment (not goods) on the spot for both armies and fiefs and even during reinforcement periods before battles.
6) Troop cap based on active faction members.  Each player contributes 10 troops per current strat ticks to their faction up to a max of 1000 troops.  So 10 ticks would add 100 tickets to your faction's cap.  100 ticks would add 1000 tickets and 1000 ticks would also add 1000 tickets.  Free troops will not count towards the faction cap.
7) Create some kind of score board

Overall the above should
- allow fief owners to move around freely meaning more players capable of leading armies
- reduce the overall number of tickets
- encourage factions to use their tickets once they hit their cap because if they don't they are wasting ticks
- reduce the number of battles with broken/mixed/too much gear
- ensure all battles have gear
- make the start of strat more interesting
- allow strat to be reset after a fixed time with the winner declared via the scoreboard

I did have 13 items on the list but removed everything that I thought wasn't absolutely necessary to make a reset worthwhile imo.

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • Renown: 208
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vermilion
  • IRC nick: Vermilion
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2013, 01:50:43 pm »

Yes
2) Change the fief voting system (not sure how but needs to be far easier to manage and with an even more random result to force clans away from the same old claims)
Yes
3) Allow Fief owners to manage their fiefs from anywhere (frees up more players to actually do stuff)
No. Faction leaders should be able to manage fief inventories but they or the owner has to be inside the fief to do so. Being about to control the fief from anywhere means one person can own half the map with no consequences.
4) Increase the level of the free gear and give it to both attackers and defenders.  No battle should ever be without equipment.
No, attackers have the choice to attack. They should not be stupid enough to attack without gear.
5) Allow destroying of equipment (not goods) on the spot for both armies and fiefs and even during reinforcement periods before battles.
Yes
6) Troop cap based on active faction members.  Each player contributes 10 troops per current strat ticks to their faction up to a max of 1000 troops.  So 10 ticks would add 100 tickets to your faction's cap.  100 ticks would add 1000 tickets and 1000 ticks would also add 1000 tickets.  Free troops will not count towards the faction cap.
No. This will just force small factions to become alliances. Instead increase the upkeep of over 1800 troops drastically (both in fiefs and in armies).
YES, though I have no idea how this could be done to give an accurate representation of a factions "score". But any scoreboard will be better than non (hopefully)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2013, 02:01:01 pm »

Overall the above should
- allow fief owners to move around freely meaning more players capable of leading armies
- reduce the overall number of tickets
- encourage factions to use their tickets once they hit their cap because if they don't they are wasting ticks
- reduce the number of battles with broken/mixed/too much gear
- ensure all battles have gear
- make the start of strat more interesting
- allow strat to be reset after a fixed time with the winner declared via the scoreboard

I did have 13 items on the list but removed everything that I thought wasn't absolutely necessary to make a reset worthwhile imo.
Fief giveaways should be 100% random (to hopefully piss off people, fuck with claims, and break blocs and such trends). Free gear should stay as it is. Your troop cap idea is retarded and fucks over every faction that doesn't have 100+ members. And you're forgetting the two most important changes to make strat less shitty; keeping gear low end by making trading less insanely profitable, and adding a food system to give villages value, and force you to attack something if you already got as many troops as your current land can hold, along with this troop recruitment should imo be speeded up to two troops per hour. Should ensure for more battles, with lower quality gear (plate is fucking boring besides the insane xp), real starvation based sieging, villages not being abandoned when invaded, and slower expansion yet no cold wars.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2013, 02:08:24 pm »
For #3 - Your suggestion achieves the same aim so fine by me.

For #6. Small factions are already forced into alliances to fill their rosters.  This won't change that.  Increasing upkeep won't make a difference either though.  In fact that will hurt small factions more as a larger faction has more fiefs/players to spread troops around, whilst a small faction only has limited places to keep their troops.  Finally silver to a large faction is easy to find whilst for a small faction it is more difficult making your suggestion even worse for small factions.  You could double troop upkeep and the Coalition would still be rolling in cash.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2013, 02:19:57 pm »
Fief giveaways should be 100% random (to hopefully piss off people, fuck with claims, and break blocs and such trends). Free gear should stay as it is. Your troop cap idea is retarded and fucks over every faction that doesn't have 100+ members. And you're forgetting the two most important changes to make strat less shitty; keeping gear low end by making trading less insanely profitable, and adding a food system to give villages value, and force you to attack something if you already got as many troops as your current land can hold, along with this troop recruitment should imo be speeded up to two troops per hour. Should ensure for more battles, with lower quality gear (plate is fucking boring besides the insane xp), real starvation based sieging, villages not being abandoned when invaded, and slower expansion yet no cold wars.

Think of the troop cap as an automated food system.  Every active player (those with ticks) generates enough food to support X troops.  This way just takes the tedious man management out of it.  making villages important is nice but that also means we reduce the number of easier targets for newer/smaller clans.  I want villages to be attacked regularly and not defended to the hilt, but to make these attacks more worthwhile and fun I want to increase free gear so that it is always worth putting out a roster and fighting.  Adding free gear to attackers also means people can start attacking as soon as they have troops without having to trade as well 

A proper besieging system would be nice to go with it however I believe it would take too much time to code/balance and therefore instead I opted for a hard troop cap instead.  If done right the score board will drive clans to make attacks along with the fact that they will be wasting ticks if they are at the troop cap and don't attack anybody.

As for Plate - the idea is that by adding a scoreboard you can reset strat every X months with a declared winner meaning it can be timed to end before we get to full plate armies.

Not sure on Fief giveaways being 100% random as there are something like 4000-5000 players spawned on Strat but only 500 of them would ever want a fief.  Possibly it should be random to those who have more than the average renown this strat, but there was a renown bug a while back that means that won't work.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 02:25:21 pm by Tomas »