Author Topic: War on Apostates  (Read 54668 times)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
Re: War on Apostates
« Reply #330 on: July 31, 2013, 11:20:13 pm »
the main demotivator for strat is that wse2 doesnt work on eu3 in big battles. The battles become laggy clusterfucks and its just no fun to fight in big battles :P (only reason anyone bothers with strat at all is because of the insane levels of exp :D make it like a x3 on eu1 and no one would play at all)
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #331 on: July 31, 2013, 11:24:28 pm »
+3
Filling up the roster is not as easy as it seems to be on the side of the enemies. People are very demotivated when it comes to Apostates battles these days.

face it and say that

they have bad comanders
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #332 on: July 31, 2013, 11:28:56 pm »
+4
face it and say that

they have bad comanders

Let's just agree that there are better ones, i don't want to hurt any feelings here xD

But then again, i wouldn't want to lead the horde that is called Apostates. Mercs and Deserters are not even listening to the orders of their own members, which is a huge dealbreaker for me.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 31, 2013, 11:51:25 pm »
+12
It was a dreary, blustery day, the sky was overcast, and the grey clouds threatened rain, not what the lone pilgrim wanted as he meandered through the meadow his feet slowly dragging him towards his final destination, Alburq Castle. As he walked through the knee-high grass a brassy note carried to him upon the tides of the wind, however as quickly as it had come it soon vanished leaving behind an eerie silence. Shaking his head the pilgrim chastised himself for imagining things, lack of sleep he muttered to himself as he continued his journey forth. Once more the sound rang in his ears, a distant note muffled by the rustling of the wind through the grass. Standing still, straining his ears he waited patiently to hear the sound once more. Sure enough the brassy note did burst forth again, this time with renewed vigor, the pilgrim thought he heard a cheer rise with the sound yet he was uncertain.

Forcing his feet to move faster the weary pilgrim set out increasing his pace as he raced towards the distant sound, the meadow slowly began to rise as the pilgrim began to ascend the hills that surrounded Alburq Castle. He stumbled up the incline, patches of gorse tugging at his clothes, upturned roots making his footing unstable, yet with every patch of ground he covered the sound slowly grew louder and more disturbingly, closer.

The lone pilgrim crested the hill and sinking to his knees let loose a wail of despair. For below in the valley that Alburq dominated lay a besieging army, it's numbers endless, the cogs of war had been turning faster than he had thought possible. As he stared helplessly down at the surrounded castle his eyes followed a lone missile arcing through the air until it smashed against the wooden walls, surprisingly no visible damage was done but surely the walls could not stand the onslaught. Yet to his trained eye he only spotted a single catapult and as he noted the men tirelessly working around it a lick of flame sprang forth from it's frame, soon the catapult was ablaze and a cheer rose from the defenders as the catapult slowly burnt, it's workers furtively attempting to extinguish the flames. A slow smile spread across the pilgrim's face as he watched the event unfold, maybe there was hope for the defenders after all he mused.

This siege would be a bloody affair and the victor would not win easily, both sides would lose scores of men for just a few pieces of wood strapped together to form an insubstantial structure. Turning his eye towards the defenses the pilgrim spotted a lone figure striding across the palisade. The figure was obviously of noble birth by his stance, he also picked out a banner carrying the heraldry of the Mercenaries, an old warband that still roamed these lands. The pilgrim continued his inspection of the figure, he was a tall young man, maybe early twenties with sandy windswept hair elegantly parted down the middle, he carried a longsword strapped at his belt and a crossbow slung over his shoulder. His armour was of azure blue, a barbutte hung from his left hand as he stared mercilessly at the horde surrounding his lands. Without a word or a cry the young Lord swung his arm forward signalling a barrage of arrows and bolts to rain down upon the besiegers.

This would be a long bloody siege the pilgrim grimly thought, a long bloody affair indeed. As if to match his mood the heavens suddenly opened bringing forth a heavy rain soaking all within seconds, not only will this be a bloody affair but it will be a fucking miserable fight as well. 

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 12:05:31 am by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #334 on: August 01, 2013, 12:03:28 am »
+1
Nicely written Sir Cymro, very nice  :D

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #335 on: August 01, 2013, 09:23:08 pm »
Already giving up on alburq castle?

edit. LOOOl i posted this about 3 minutes ago and kalp already gave me - without any obvious reason  :lol: (waiting for nadurils - )
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 09:26:33 pm by Latvian »
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 01, 2013, 09:43:09 pm »
+1
Was a very nice battle today folks, shame i kept crashing :( i will upload a story about the battle soon :D

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #337 on: August 01, 2013, 10:52:13 pm »
+5
I found a cover for the bestseller cymro is about to write on the assault on alburq castle  :lol:

(click to show/hide)

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 01, 2013, 11:03:21 pm »
+3
Take the high with the low xD

Alburq Castle = A Bitch.

I'll do the story tomorrow, and it will be fair for both sides! I hate biasism, too tired for it tonight though =P that castle is really difficult to take, i think ive seen it fall once, Jeirbe castle is an easier target hint!!

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 01, 2013, 11:16:48 pm »
+1
Jelbegi castle and tehlrog castle might get close to it  :P
I heard dhirim is the biggest pain in the ass on the whole map.

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #340 on: August 01, 2013, 11:22:06 pm »
+2
Yeah we got our arses kicked today (con material bug didnt help).

We'll learn from that but there will be other battles.

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 01, 2013, 11:25:27 pm »
+5
Yeah we got our arses kicked today (con material bug didnt help).

We'll learn from that but there will be other battles.

I think the bug you are talking about is when it shows you have material but you can't take it out?

If so, when you take it out of the woodpile, it doesn't reduce your inventory number (it does, but it shows as if it doesn't).
So you will think you have plenty left, when you actually already used it by taking it out of the woodpile.

Not 100% sure if this is your bug, but it used to be a common thing in battles, just remember what you build and add up those numbers.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #342 on: August 01, 2013, 11:27:04 pm »
+1
I think the bug you are talking about is when it shows you have material but you can't take it out?

If so, when you take it out of the woodpile, it doesn't reduce your inventory number (it does, but it shows as if it doesn't).
So you will think you have plenty left, when you actually already used it by taking it out of the woodpile.

Not 100% sure if this is your bug, but it used to be a common thing in battles, just remember what you build and add up those numbers.
yep, this 1

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #343 on: August 02, 2013, 12:52:15 am »
Well, we dont know what happened, we couldnt take the remaining materials out, and Im pretty sure we diditn take any out of the woodpile since we built a weaponrack from the beginning on the hill. The funny part was, that the second siegetower had 84/85 materials so we just needed one to complete it. Not that I it would have made a big difference on the result of the siege, just funny how it goes - destiny vomits on your siegetower :)

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #344 on: August 02, 2013, 01:02:15 am »
Grandmom, whenever I spawn with any amount of throwing weapons in strat it always shows for me as if I've only spawned one stack, so throwing weapons usually run out when I think there are 33 or so left, maybe something like that happened.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.