Author Topic: Archerfest  (Read 3675 times)

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 167
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Archerfest
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2013, 08:14:26 pm »
+2
Light armor, no IF. I'm annihilated by ranged half the time.
as you should be

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2013, 11:24:25 pm »

Christ now we get an international internet tommy toughtits on our hands, sigmar save us

All the Christs & Sigmars of this world couldn't help you with your stupidity and hipocrisy. Look at your posts and tell me who is the bad attitude rude dude, you American Imbecile. One page of that crap was more then enough to make a valid conclusion.

Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2013, 12:30:00 am »
Best way to counter range is with range, invest 1-2 points into Power Throw and use Snowflakes/War Darts.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2013, 02:57:49 pm »
Best way to counter range is with range, invest 1-2 points into Power Throw and use Snowflakes/War Darts.

People that do stuff like this are part of the problem. You are offering a solution to range spam with "play ranged too".
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2013, 03:16:47 pm »
+3
People that do stuff like this are part of the problem. You are offering a solution to range spam with "play ranged too".

I read your "low risk reward" and "too much 1 v 1 capability" and "ranged spam" stuff all the time when it comes to ranged balance. So what is your "solution" Grumbs ? You refuse from going away from your pure melee build it seems, yet you will only be happy when missile speed has been toned down so much that nobody can hit you anymore and simultaniously you also want the damage to be so low that even if someone hits you, you dont have to worry much about it. Needless to say, both of those are ridiculous.

If there was no need to give a fuck about ranged at all due to overnerfing them, there would be no point in playing ranged. If you dont want to deal with that, as in altering your build to something more battlefield appropriate, I guess the only chance left for you to enjoy the game is playing DTV or ask for a melee only server.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2013, 03:31:30 pm »
I suggest limiting the amount that choose to play the class, not necessarily by nerfing them but by making the class more player skill orientated. If you made melee harder to play by for eg  making blocking harder I wouldn't say thats a nerf to melee, I would say its a buff to player skill based combat. I would welcome it

The skill floor for ranged is much lower than melee vs melee. Increase the skill floor. Ranged is like you're testing your own FPS skills, rather than player vs player fighting you get in melee. I would make every shot count so you can't spam and miss and still get some randy shots (increasing ammo is counter to this). Making shots land faster means you don't have to judge player's movements as much. Large stagger means you can stop a guy in his tracks and kite, especially with the new low PD bows. You get rooted in place even when jumping. Ranged got buffs in melee over and over, why do you need to stagger and kiting ability we have now?

The cost of playing ranged and the risk vs reward can be used to limit ranged without necessarily over nerfing them. You just make it so good ranged stay good, and the mediocre guys get better or enter into melee combat more often

Here's some bonus stuff that should have been changed already with xbows from a skill perspective:

Holding shot forever with tight accuracy
Running while shooting is too accurate up close. Looks like some FPS game
Point & click, shot lands extremely quickly
Shots going straight through shields and doing damage
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 03:44:35 pm by Grumbs »

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2013, 04:08:12 pm »
So many nerf ranged threads and no Kafein in sight?  :shock:

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2013, 11:03:42 pm »
+3
No.

What problem? The ones who got a problem with ranged is melee that refuses to adapt in any manner, you claim that you're totally helpless and can't do shit and we must nerf nerf nerf because your way is the only way. And don't fucking tell me Snowflakes with 1 PT hurts if you have better armour then your average archer. I use them only against ranged, but I prefer melee, I just get some basic ranged capabilities to have some way to handle ranged. When the shit hit the fans I'm more then happy to throw my sword out and hack some limbs and splitter skulls.

I'm trying to do something about ganking archers, what are you doing except from crying? You should try hanging out on eu_2 for abit, maybe you'll calm down and get a new perspective of things. But I guess that you actually like to be mad.

Pure melee isn't suited for battle, just accept the fact that being pure melee is STUPID if you mainly play battle(except for hoplites and pikemen). Pure melee is for siege or duels.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 11:12:29 pm by Berserkadin »

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2013, 07:56:34 am »
You dont even have to spend any points on throwing, take stones. Last time I used them on my 18 Str char it was enough to scare away a HA and to catch up to a runaway archer and disrupted his shots. They dont do real damage but they are just stones. I will go for 5PT and around 100wpf in throwing and pack 1-2 slots with mw stones. Should be enough to get the upper hand in some situations.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2013, 02:28:51 pm »
I agree that players should adapt to the situation in some ways. Getting some throwing items is useful but as a hardcore flamberger its not an option for me lol.

One of the main reasons i grinded for gothic plate was because I thought it would protect me from ranged a lot. Over the years, I can safely say it's doesn't work as well as I'd hoped.

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2013, 04:21:26 pm »
+1
I suggest limiting the amount that choose to play the class, not necessarily by nerfing them but by making the class more player skill orientated. If you made melee harder to play by for eg  making blocking harder I wouldn't say thats a nerf to melee, I would say its a buff to player skill based combat. I would welcome it

The skill floor for ranged is much lower than melee vs melee. Increase the skill floor. Ranged is like you're testing your own FPS skills, rather than player vs player fighting you get in melee. I would make every shot count so you can't spam and miss and still get some randy shots (increasing ammo is counter to this). Making shots land faster means you don't have to judge player's movements as much. Large stagger means you can stop a guy in his tracks and kite, especially with the new low PD bows. You get rooted in place even when jumping. Ranged got buffs in melee over and over, why do you need to stagger and kiting ability we have now?

The cost of playing ranged and the risk vs reward can be used to limit ranged without necessarily over nerfing them. You just make it so good ranged stay good, and the mediocre guys get better or enter into melee combat more often

Here's some bonus stuff that should have been changed already with xbows from a skill perspective:

Holding shot forever with tight accuracy
Running while shooting is too accurate up close. Looks like some FPS game
Point & click, shot lands extremely quickly
Shots going straight through shields and doing damage

1 thing I thought would help make ranged less attractive and require more skill is to remove the crosshair, playing ranged myself now mainly I think it would be more challenging than the point and click we use now.
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2013, 04:28:44 pm »
+1 Chase

Ive suggested this countless times, but i get the same response, that people will but a dot in the middle of their screen and thus nulify it, which is complete BS.

Most people wouldnt do it because for 1 it would ruin your screen and 2 it would be very innacurate portrail of where the CH is
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2013, 07:05:23 pm »
+3
Eyebeat is the lone ranger ninja/rambo running around by himself. 

Got no sympathy...

And the "problem" with ranged isn't the archers/xbows/throwers themselves, it's the battle game mode which allows them to hold a mountain, and infantry has 2 options, run up and die, or wait 2 minutes for MOTF to pop up (if they're lucky and their teammates don't keep running up the mountain and dying every 30 seconds, preventing MOTF from spawning). 

This can be solved by having MOTF pop up a minute or two into every round, giving infantry ground to fight over, here's my suggestion:

http://forum.meleegaming.com/suggestions-corner/change-battle-to-%27conquest%27-mode-by-spawning-motf-early-in-rounds/

- Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2013, 01:08:50 pm »
1 thing I thought would help make ranged less attractive and require more skill is to remove the crosshair, playing ranged myself now mainly I think it would be more challenging than the point and click we use now.

Its possible, but the thing people do then is put something in the middle of their screen to aim with. If the aim point didn't follow centre of the screen its possible like games like arma or ro2

I would much rather get killed by people who make genuinely skillful shots tho regardless, even if its a 1 hit kill every time.

Offline OttomanSniper

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Greek_OttomanSniper Roof_Monkey
  • IRC nick: _Sniper
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2013, 02:20:48 pm »
skill point for xbow, too many fake archer in the server and they are more strong than real archers