Author Topic: Alter Night Time Mechanic  (Read 555 times)

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
Alter Night Time Mechanic
« on: April 22, 2013, 10:48:14 pm »
+6
The current 8-hour night time system is used too frequently to make battle times worse rather than make them at a more accessible time of day. Even if night time is used appropriately and deflects an attack launched at night then it normally just makes a battle at an even MORE unplayable time like 7:00 in the morning on a Tuesday. Additionally, night time settings don't stop someone from robbing your S&D and getting away before night time is over.

The following is one of two suggestions I will be making soon, this one is only a very partial fix. I haven't given it much thought so rather than insult it, attempt to add to it and criticize it constructively.

A faction should have one set of 8 hours where they should not be allowed to do anything on Strategus during their 8-hour night time. They should not be able to use the move, attack, or trade functions, receive/give troops or equipment, buy/sell anything (including S&D), organize equipment, or do any other activity that a sleeping army could not do. This will enhance the realism of Strategus by making an actual sleeping time for armies so they aren't on the go 24/7. More importantly it will fix the abuse of night time to raid S&D, escape with an army, or discourage attacks on a fief solely because of night time. Most importantly, it will discourage people from setting their night times during any prime time hours because they won't be able to do ANYTHING on Strategus. Currently most factions have people on during their night time doing things on Strategus that give them a tactical advantage while they can't be attacked; this change would see to it that people only have night time hours set to when they truly can't play--not just to when they would prefer not to be attacked for tactical reasons.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Alter Night Time Mechanic
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 10:57:33 pm »
+5
Or just make an 8 hour window where you CAN be attacked, instead of an 8 hour window you can't be attacked.

But I do agree, you shouldn't be able to do anything during your night time window, more people will turn off night time then.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 11:02:42 pm »
+2
My other suggestion is similar to yours. It's basically having the attackers decide when they want to attack out of an 8-12 hour window, basically enhancing the night time of the defenders but giving the attackers ultimate say on just when they attack.

I did not post that yet because there are a lot of consequences and facets to consider.

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 04:34:45 am »
+3
I see all these words and all I can think  is

"WAAS WAUSSS WAUSS"

"I UM A LITYL GARLLY GARLLL WUAHSSS WUSHHSHSHS"