Author Topic: Les chevaliers occitans  (Read 5417 times)

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
Re: Les chevalier occitans
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2013, 09:49:00 pm »
+3
Thats the whole point, it doesnt remove the battle it switches it from 11 pm est very reasonable to an unreasonable 7 am.  Are we really supposed to believe that its more convenient to fight just before work or even during work than a little bit later at night?  Thats the big fallacy - its changing a slightly uncomfortable time for them to a completely idiotic time for everyone including them.

Are we suppose to believe that people are going to ignore their night time settings and continue to attack at whatever time after 11? Or do you think maybe it will persuade people to attack earlier, since as you said neither side wants a 7am batte.

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2013, 11:10:38 pm »
Well, most people sleep roughly 8 hours and work roughly 8 hours a day.  So there goes 16 hours.  Then you further complicate things with time zones, so basically Occitan is giving a big fuck you to everyone else for not keeping the same schedule as them.  Plenty of their players are on after 11pm and are perfectly capable of working a roster.

pls tell me more about my clan apparently i dont know what my guys want and are willing to do at 11pm except sleeping pls tell me more thanks!

i think he was referencing the fact that even when siege equipment was working occitan has never been able to take a castle or city - they have had to buy every single one.  And also that you overestimate occitan abilities simply because they have been able to be defenders for 90% of the fight against armies less well-equipped than their own (thanks to use of the duplicate gear bug to their advantage).

The people trying to say 2-8pm is prime time have got to be joking - vast majority of people work till  5 pm, hell i do to when im under contract.  So racing home by 5:30 you leave 2.5 hours out of a 24 hour day for attacking you.  Thats abuse of the nighttime settings - and to what avail?  (Now 80% of your battles will be during a time horrible for both na and eu at 6 -11 am so both sides will have great difficulty filling rosters (yes i have seen every faction on the map struggle to fill a roster at that time even occitan), which favors defenders because they dont have to burn 1500 tickets in a limited amount of time.  So basically occitan is abusing the nighttime setting to favor them as defenders by making it at times that are horrible for the avast majority of players in this game.  Congrats for removing even the last bit of fun in this game by forcing anyone wanting to fight those battles to have to set erratic sleep and work schedules rather than fight during primetime for NA.

Why not have fun instead of making battles at really fucking odd hours just to favor some poor math skills that makes you think 6 am is somehow better than 11 pm.
So instead of sleeping less you guys will skip work for strat battles?  That makes perfect sense for why you should change your nighttime settings.

yeah sorry we care about having fun and being able to have 30 occitan player at the same time to just rock people in strat battle!

10 pm eastern is not midnight, 1am or 2am.

yeah well attack at 9:58 or 59 with a 1700 army make the battle end at something like what 11: 30 ? so yeah sound kinda fair considering our obligation.

Big chevy talking shit shit, bragging bout his full-plate defense easy mode. But really, strat is pretty dead for most of VE leadership now except for XP, so trying to get us to do a strat battle at 5est instead of RL shit is not going to happen. Over half of us are in college and like I have said 100000 times, our primetime is about 8est to 1am est.

If its up to me, we will just fight at 6am for awhile tell u guys quit being babies. Its the advatage of the attacker you know? Defense gets to be defense, offense gets to pick the time. Noone is forcing you to defend.

yeah remenber a couple 6, 7 and 8 am morning battle you guys definetly did great! was lot of fun still. Noone forcing you to attack !!!

i think he was referencing the fact that even when siege equipment was working occitan has never been able to take a castle or city - they have had to buy every single one.  And also that you overestimate occitan abilities simply because they have been able to be defenders for 90% of the fight against armies less well-equipped than their own (thanks to use of the duplicate gear bug to their advantage).

The people trying to say 2-8pm is prime time have got to be joking - vast majority of people work till  5 pm, hell i do to when im under contract.  So racing home by 5:30 you leave 2.5 hours out of a 24 hour day for attacking you.  Thats abuse of the nighttime settings - and to what avail?  (Now 80% of your battles will be during a time horrible for both na and eu at 6 -11 am so both sides will have great difficulty filling rosters (yes i have seen every faction on the map struggle to fill a roster at that time even occitan), which favors defenders because they dont have to burn 1500 tickets in a limited amount of time.  So basically occitan is abusing the nighttime setting to favor them as defenders by making it at times that are horrible for the avast majority of players in this game.  Congrats for removing even the last bit of fun in this game by forcing anyone wanting to fight those battles to have to set erratic sleep and work schedules rather than fight during primetime for NA.

Why not have fun instead of making battles at really fucking odd hours just to favor some poor math skills that makes you think 6 am is somehow better than 11 pm.
So instead of sleeping less you guys will skip work for strat battles?  That makes perfect sense for why you should change your brightisme settings.
Always rigth kesh? well yeah we deal most of the city/castle we take cause the opponent were asking for since we are gentle people we deal with ennemy sometimes!

It's a pussy move to do in the middle of a war, right in the middle of waves of attacks.  Looks like Occitan can't take the heat without their EU overlords backing them up.

you are totaly rigth on this one. kinda hard to figth 3/4 of the map/community especially when we have to figth so late at nigth and none of our guys can come to the battle. You are so brigth!

Ps everyone is updated was good drama thanks everyone! we change it to 11 eastern instead.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:19:45 am by arowaine »
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 58
  • Is that all you've got!?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 1%
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
  • IRC nick: SHinOCk
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2013, 11:48:25 pm »
+3
I almost want to say that the change is in relation to stuff like this:
(click to show/hide)
Now this isn't entirely VE's fault as battles got pushed back due to timer, but if they have the earlier night time, they don't have to worry "as much" about shitty 2 AM battles.

But that's just my take on it.

Also hope everyone's ready for some XP today!

These battles are fine Anders, its a friday night, we dont care about fighting late during the weekend, its just unrealistic during the week, its especially true when we get attacked every day, i don't see the fun in taking a nap during my lunch break instead of eating to be honest. I don't exactly have a desk job either so i need to be aware and i cant afford to do any fuck up because all i think about is sliding in my bed but that's me.

We also didn't do this in any way to abuse the system or whatever, i figured a big battle starting at 10:59pm would end up around 12:30am 1am and then with all the shit you have to do after a battle, you end up going to bed at around 2:00 which is pushing it but still manageable for some members during the week.

As for the shitty propaganda in this thread i mean please... We defend because that's what we have to do to survive, i don't need to tell you the odds and if not for the awesome mercs that have been fighting with us, we would already be done with strat (you guys are doing an AWESOME job). Also, while it is true we didn't attack that many castles/cities, we were very successful in our 2 city sieges which led the owners to sell them to us instead of losing the rest of their stuff in a second wave and we are reasonable people so we didn't see any reason not to settle peacefully (don't give me shit about ITS A WAR GAME LETS FIGHT 24/7, there are other sides to strat like diplomacy..). As for the castle fight, we did terrible, not being able to defend our catapults against a lone footman... I'm not searching any excuses, we were just plain terrible and we led that battle like shit as well which led to the known result. See what i did there? Ive told the truth and i am humble about what our faction did/does, something some of you guys that i probably don't need to name should learn.

Edit: Nvm, i cant read apparently, it is Friday morning... Its already not as bad since it is the last day of the week, I'm sure some members don't care as much as if it was any other weekday since they can actually sleep the day after but that's irrelevant, we didn't choose to change based solely on these 2 battles.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 11:57:35 pm by SHinOCk »
While you burn at the stake, i dance with the flames

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
Re: Les chevaliers occitans
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2013, 02:18:28 am »
+4
The worst thing about altered night times is that it ruins strategy and immersion. For example, someone could raid your S&D at a time when you're awake and when your faction could make a battle the next day if you were to attack him--but you can't attack him because if you do then you have to expect to show up at 7 in the morning the next day when none of your people can be on. That night time sure as hell doesn't stop him from getting his ass out of your fief with your S&D and far away from your intercepting forces, though. You have to wait to attack fiefs, traders, raiders, and armies because of bad night times.

The problem here is that night times can flat out stop you from attacking sometimes, and that just demolishes immersion. There needs to be a way that someone can attack during a night time setting but place the battle time into a reasonable time slot. For instance, perhaps attackers should be able to choose when a battle happens out of an 8 to 16 hour time slot that isn't within the defender's night time settings. If a system like this were implemented then night time settings would be less of a mutually assured destruction tool for defenders to say "fuck you we'll just do the battle at 7:00 AM" and more of something that is mutually beneficial to the entire community. It would allow people that are up late to still make tactical decisions and movements benefiting them, but would also benefit the people that are sleeping for work the next morning by allowing those tactical decisions and movements taken the night before to be played at a reasonable time in the evening of the next day when they could defend themselves. It's best for everyone.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 02:42:01 am by Daruvian »

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2013, 02:22:27 am »
+6
Holy fuck, adult whiners everywhere.  Get real you spergs.

I can't afford to get to bed at 1 in the morning because I have to manage, teach and care for 30 actual 10-year old kids who whine less then you losers do.

Considering Shinock, myself and Arrowaine in Occitan are the ones normally managing roll-calls and leading the battles; we can't make 11-12 o'clock battles knowing they end so late at 1 or 2 in the morning.

Until they remove night time settings; that's what were going for.  11pm EST is fair for most, even though I won't make those myself, 10 pm EST is my latest. So fuck you if you're not happy.

It's not because we want to fight in the morning; its cause we want earlier battles. If we can't stay up until 1 to do battles; we surely won't be there at 7 in the morning either. If you want to do battles at 7 in the morning like a bunch of douchebags, go ahead, at this point I couldn't give a shit!  Have fun fighting the Euros.

For the record; our city sieges were quite successful and our enemies preferred to sell us the city rather than lose it on a second wave.

Take care!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 02:32:48 am by Gash »
CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2013, 02:23:12 am »
Holy fuck, adult whiners everywhere.  Get real you spergs.

I can't afford to get to bed at 1 in the morning because I have to manage, teach and care for 30 actual 10-year old kids who whine less then you losers do.

Considering Shinock, myself and Arrowaine in Occitan are the ones normally managing roll-calls and leading the battles; we can't make 11 o'clock battles knowing they end so late.

So fuck you if you're not happy.

It's not because we want to fight in the morning; its cause we want earlier battles. If we can't stay up until 1 to do battles; we surely won't be there at 7 in the morning either. If you want to do battles at 7 in the morning like a bunch of douchebags, go ahead, at this point I couldn't give a shit!  Have fun fighting the Euros.

For the record; our city sieges were quite successful and our enemies preferred to sell us the city rather than lose it on a second wave.

Take care!

The solution to shitposting is not to shitpost.

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2013, 02:29:25 am »
The solution to shitposting is not to shitpost.

That's very good advice, and I generally do not shit post.

But i'm not rested and my patience is thinned... with so many idiots posting, it has to come out at some point.

Shinock is taking the diplomatic approach tonight.
CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 58
  • Is that all you've got!?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 1%
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
  • IRC nick: SHinOCk
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2013, 02:31:12 am »
+2
The worst thing about altered night times is that it ruins strategy and immersion. For example, someone could raid your S&D at a time when you're awake and when your faction could make a battle the next day if you were to attack him--but you can't attack him because if you do then you have to expect to show up at 7 in the morning the next day when none of your people can be on. That night time sure as hell doesn't stop him from getting his ass out of your fief with your S&D and far away from your intercepting forces, though. You have to wait to attack fiefs, traders, raiders, and armies because of bad night times.

The problem here is that night times can flat out stop you from attacking sometimes, and that just demolishes immersion. There needs to be a way that someone can attack during a night time setting but place the battle time into a reasonable time slot. For instance, perhaps attackers should be able to choose when a battle happens out of an 8 to 16 hour time slot that isn't within the defender's night time settings.

i like this idea
While you burn at the stake, i dance with the flames

Offline ildist

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • hehexd
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS, THE MATES
  • Game nicks: Ildist_of_Chaos