Author Topic: The war in NA current situation-Hospitaller  (Read 6779 times)

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
Re: The war in NA current situation-Hospitaller
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 01:53:22 am »
+3
As polarizing as Kesh is, it sounds like Hospitallers are just downright unlikeable.

Hospitaller burned their bridges a long time ago when they were being arrogant as a "top" clan. Now they are down in numbers, no one plays for them or recruits for them besides a leecher from EU and the only redeemable person in hospi is chucky_tosser.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Krosis

• Count
  • Renown: 166
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 02:05:17 am »
+1
Think about it this way Krosis. I BY MYSELF was able to raise 250k strat gold in about 1 and 1/2 weeks.....hospitaller id judge has 5 very active and another 10 or so fairly active. that should be enough. Also, FCC doesnt make up their entire roster. Neither do i expect Hospitaller to. But FCC never needs mercs and hospitaller always seems to be needing um
What I just explained in the previous post was that, the people that are active, own fiefs.. and with the wars that have been going on... it's very risky to leave them.

BTW not having as many people doesnt mean that they cant have trade routes. AND---this is important------AND the loss of Rohy and company is entirely imo Peppos fault. If you werent there the conversation went like this
Rohy-Id be able to do better if the gear wasnt shit(FACT-half of it was -something)
Peppo-If you dont like the gear then DONT FUCKING FIGHT FOR US
Rohy-Fine Then I wont Jesus
Peppo-We dont need you

yea.......

EDIT-I dont know about you but ive never seen a clan make up more than 10-15/51 in a battle. Hospi can at least get 10......therefore their aparent "tiny size" is irrelevant.

I don't need to point out that Rohy can be a bit of an asshole.. when things get tough he tend to call out the clan he's fighting for.. and as good as he is sometimes you can't take it. I remember he once threatened to fight for the other side because things didn't go his way, or because we didn't like his shit talking. From this stand point I understand Peppo, there were a lot of times where I'd call out HP because they didn't do as they were told, some of them weren't even Hospitaller battles. Yes they are good, but they'd do a lot better if they listened and weren't so arrogant sometimes.

I don't have a problem with them doing their own thing, but the shit talking and the threats are something you shouldn't really tolerate.. I think it's one of the reasons a lot of the mercs don't listen to Hospitallers since they saw HP get away with shit.

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 02:28:46 am »
+9
Honestly, with the current way strat is (its shit) i dont blame hospitaller for not being interested enough to try harder. Theirs certainly no reason to call them out on it, im sure most clans have lost alot of interest in strat.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 02:42:07 am »
Anders, ill be honest with you, i know you're a merc and all but the fact you keep asking for money is a reason why i don't necessarily pay or even recruit you, combined with the fact that if you ask for pay, you better put up the KD/R that comes with the job.

That's cool.
(click to show/hide)

Blue is Positive, Light red is 1:1 or near, and maroon is bad k/d.
7 Bad K/d's, 7 Good and 7 Neutral.
I've fought for you guys 3 times and have had 2 positive and 1 neutral Kdr, AS A HA. So considering the fact that I've "Earned" my pay, you should. If you are going to say that I can't put up K/D I most certainly can.

Also, my worst K/ds are on either Attack or as a poorly equipped defender.

I can't wait to retire to get off HA and back to a normal class.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 02:44:51 am »
+2
Lol Zaren. ROHYS idea of "shit gear" was pretty far off IMO, I was there for that battle. If it's not +3 and heavy as shit I guess it's crap. Still, Peppo reacting like that is of course a bad move, and an alienating one.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 02:47:45 am »
What I just explained in the previous post was that, the people that are active, own fiefs.. and with the wars that have been going on... it's very risky to leave them.
Sure, but there comes a time when u have to do things....mathematically no matter how large your fiefs army is, it will eventually get worn down till it is too weak to stand if what you do is sit there.

I don't have a problem with them doing their own thing, but the shit talking and the threats are something you shouldn't really tolerate.. I think it's one of the reasons a lot of the mercs don't listen to Hospitallers since they saw HP get away with shit.
I have no problem with making it clear you were a leader, but the tone of the conversation between the two was way to intense from the initial comment. He wasnt being a dick/raging/whatever he said, "the gear is shit and archers keep killing me" maybe he shouldnt say it but the fact was IT WAS TRUE.
If it's not +3 and heavy as shit I guess it's crap. Still, Peppo reacting like that is of course a bad move, and an alienating one.
I know mala, but thats what strat is now. Strat is armor crutching as much as possible to win. I dont like it either, but here is nothing you can do about it at this time
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:52:07 am by blacktiger28 »

Offline Malaclypse

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 02:56:22 am »
I know mala, but thats what strat is now. Strat is armor crutching as much as possible to win. I dont like it either, but here is nothing you can do about it at this time

Strat is only that way because people choose to make it that way. They can always choose to play it another way. There's always hope.

You, as an individual, can gear your own army with variety in mind instead of the whole GOTTA DO WHAT'S MOST EFFECTIVE BECAUSE WINNING IS EVERYTHING, NO MATTER THE COST. Sorry, but I've got more integrity than that.  As an individual mercenary, you can choose to not support the heavy-armor-uber-alles wave by not wearing it unless it's provided in reasonable amounts (see: not the majority, 25%-33% at best).

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 03:01:55 am »
+7
I am hereby officially offering Hospitaller the chance to disband their faction and to give all of their fiefs and active members to BIRD CLAN.
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 03:04:19 am »
Lol Zaren. ROHYS idea of "shit gear" was pretty far off IMO, I was there for that battle. If it's not +3 and heavy as shit I guess it's crap. Still, Peppo reacting like that is of course a bad move, and an alienating one.

You do, of course, have to realize that most people get to use better gear than what they own or have armory access in Strategus.  ROHY plays in the clan with the biggest armory, and he has the top rank, so he can borrow whatever gear when he wants.  So yes, relative to what he's used to, most strat gear is shit gear.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 03:06:09 am »
That's cool.
(click to show/hide)

Blue is Positive, Light red is 1:1 or near, and maroon is bad k/d.
7 Bad K/d's, 7 Good and 7 Neutral.
I've fought for you guys 3 times and have had 2 positive and 1 neutral Kdr, AS A HA. So considering the fact that I've "Earned" my pay, you should. If you are going to say that I can't put up K/D I most certainly can.

Also, my worst K/ds are on either Attack or as a poorly equipped defender.

I can't wait to retire to get off HA and back to a normal class.

Is this now a thread for us to post our Strat KDs?

Check it.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 03:07:29 am »
+2
Nice no shows! :evil:

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 03:07:38 am »
I like Rohy, He reminds me of Goretooth minus the creepy evil voice.. But he was in a lot of our fights complaining about how shitty our gear was, peppo just got to the point of hearing enough of it and snapped. People always complain about how our battles went but most of it was 1/4 of the players complaining about how crappy the gear was and its hard to run things when that's all the majority are focused on. When forced to take anyone just to get close to the numbers of the army you are fighting it will always be chaotic and messy.

I think we did fairly well, we were ganged up on from the get go and were never able to get a foot hold. We have always had issue's with gold/gear, and that was from being locked down so much. We always had an issue with mercs because not many wanted to go against FCC or Tkov, and the fact that not many want to play with crap gear against an army that has better stuff. You want to fight for an army where you can take 10 hits, or 2? some people do care about that stuff.

Let me say we do appreciate all the help we have gotten, from NA and EU mercs, we know its not easy fighting for the underdog.

We knew the odds and yet we still made one last push, thus our own fief owners heading out for a few last battles, some with decent gear, But anyone that has merc'ed for us knows that is a rarity. I think everyone was waiting for a FCC Vs Tkov battle as they both had the numbers and gold to equip amazing armies, and then us smaller clans could have picked a side and it would have been an epic and XP filled campaign, problem was no one wanted to jump the gun so went after easier opponents. Of course now we all see how things are going. Ravens are doing amazing, and are actively getting more members and steam.. FCC still seems to have a fairly active presence. But aside from them it just seems like most gave up. Occitan is by far the most respected and liked clans in our community, in my eyes at least, and they are as inactive as us, which is a bloody shame.

No point in telling us what went wrong, we know, believe me, and regardless what most will speculate to, a lot of it is simple animosity towards us from last strat where we were the war machine.. Maybe it was Karma, who knows. I just hope our remaining guys can let go of strat with out taking it personally, and maybe get back to drunken nights on Crpg with out worrying about the drama.

We did have a good run for what we were dealt, and we did go this long swinging. But I think its time to throw in the towel... other than the fact that the towel probably has a bug where it will not spawn, and the other team will get duped towels and end up making a massive whip machine for our behinds!

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 03:08:37 am »
+1
Is this now a thread for us to post our Strat KDs?

Check it.

(click to show/hide)

1... Damn Cav K/D does not count and you know it

2... No show much!
Leader of BS

Offline Malaclypse

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 03:14:28 am »
+2
IDK Murder, I use +3's all the time in NA 1 but I'm not upset about Hosp stuff in Strat even though it's a bit lower in quality than what I'm used to sometimes; calling it shit is just stupid. It can still protect, hit, charge, shoot, do damage, etc, no need to be spoiled on leet gear every second that you play, getting whatever leg up you can at all times. Why would you even WANT to give yourself that much of a constant advantage?

If ROHY were some shit player who couldn't do well with not top-tier gear it'd be one thing, but the guy is one of the best NA side.

The only strat issue that pisses me off is lack of variety for the most amount of builds. Not enough throwing stuff, not enough consideration for HA'S and HX's or lighter armor wearers, and I think that's a much more justifiable complaint to make. There's no build out there that is capable only of using +3 gear, but there are builds out there that are made only to use a subset of gear (Bows, Melee weapons, Throwing Weapons...).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:51:02 am by Malaclypse »

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 03:28:18 am »
+1
IDK, I use +3's all the time in NA 1 but I'm not upset about Hosp stuff in Strat even though it's a bit lower in quality than what I'm used to sometimes; calling it shit is just stupid. It can still protect, hit, charge, shoot, do damage, etc, no need to be spoiled on leet gear every second that you play, getting whatever leg up you can at all times. Why would you even WANT to give yourself that much of a constant advantage?

The only strat issue that pisses me off is lack of variety for the most amount of builds. Not enough throwing stuff, not enough consideration for HA'S and HX's or lighter armor wearers, and I think that's a much more justifiable complaint to make. There's no build out there that is capable only of using +3 gear, but there are builds out there that are made only to use a subset of gear (Bows, Melee weapons, Throwing Weapons...).

Well, you should recall that Rohy used +3 Transitional Armor for so many generations, so anything that's less is crap!

Poorly chosen gear can hurt your team, even if it is +3.  If you are giving your team Heavy Bastard Swords, 1h Swords, and Glaives, but you're up against tin cans, it's not going to do a hell of a lot.  So, you start switching to Morningstars, Great Mauls, Steel Picks, Military Hamers, and Becs etc.  But that means you're getting shorter and slower weapons.  So the gear that gets you by in NA1 might be +3 and suffice, but it's just won't cut it here.  Meanwhile every pole armer has a Pike or Long Spear.  It can get pretty annoying for anyone. However, I think there are a multitude of reasons why Rohy was upset, but he seemed to just voice the gear.  Everyone I've talked to who has merced for Hosp lately has universally called it "depressing."  And that goes back to leadership.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 03:36:28 am by DUKE DICKBUTT »