Author Topic: New Items Count As Trade Goods  (Read 743 times)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
New Items Count As Trade Goods
« on: March 27, 2013, 10:43:38 pm »
+3
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but new items seem to count as trade goods. I thought it may just be the eyecandy script, but it's having a noticeable effect on my movement speed. Spathvaklions, Cavalry Spikes, Norman Mail Chausses, Barded Warhorse are all counted as goods and are weighing me down. I need horses to carry my damn horses.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: New Items Count As Trade Goods
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 10:50:20 pm »
They actually add to your trade good count in the info tab? I know equipment gets counted as cargo, and thus crates, if you have more of it than your troops can actually wear.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 10:57:20 pm »
They actually add to your trade good count in the info tab? I know equipment gets counted as cargo, and thus crates, if you have more of it than your troops can actually wear.

Yes, the eyecandy script lists them as trade goods. I was moving just fine without any crates/extra gear, but when I bought goods (which, with the "gear goods" brought my goods total to over my number of troops/horses) I noticed a dramatic loss of speed.

I may be wrong, I don't know. For exact numbers I have:

1000 trade goods
1562 men
1500 of each armor type (640 of my Norman Mail Chausses aren't displaying as armor, but as goods)
720 horses (50 more Barded Warhorses are considered "goods")

595 Polearms
500 1h (50 more Spathovaklions are considered goods)
500 2h
515 shields
150 Bows
150 Crossbows
350 Arrows
350 Bolts
410 Throwing (30 Cavalry Spikes displaying as goods)

If I'm assuming that throwing/ammo count as 1/2 of an item (I've heard different things, but most seem to think 1/4 or 1/3), I still only have enough weaponry for each man to be well equipped (two weapons) @ 1482 men, so I'm even a bit under what I could be carrying in terms of weaponry.

770 total items which are counted as "goods" with the eye-candy script. I thought that as long as I had more men than any individual type of good that the effect wouldn't be so profound and that I'd be at around 20-25 movement instead of the 12-13 I'm at now. My only guess is, since it's not that I have extra armor/weaponry, that these things are actually being counted as trade goods for whatever reason.

I should note that on the sidebar of the Info screen in, with the eye candy script both enabled and disabled, it lists my goods at 1000 even. It's only in the sorted inventory numbers for all armors, weapons, goods, et cetera where it shows my trading goods at being higher than they actually are.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 11:12:20 pm by Malaclypse »

Offline Zox_Fury

• Baron
  • Renown: 142
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • La illaha il'Allah
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Zox_Fury
  • IRC nick: Zox_Fury
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 09:56:34 am »
Yeah Mala said the truth :-p

When you buy stuffs it doesn't appear in the good section . Example you buy helms they don t appear in Helmet section but in cargo .

Subhan'LLAH wa bihamdih

Offline Malaclypse

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 09:55:56 am »
As soon as I bought up to 1770 horses, the exact amount of goods it says I have with the script, (while displaying only the thousand that are actually from a village on the side) my movement speed went up to 22.9 mps, an acceptable value given the army size. It would seem that the new items are definitely being recognized as trade goods, even though there's no indication of it without the sorted inventory script enabled.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 10:07:18 am by Malaclypse »

Offline Malaclypse

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 10:51:26 am »
Nevermind, let this shrine stand as a shrine to my ignorance. It turns out I just didn't have enough horses for troops + crates, and it was just coincidentally lining up. Locking lol.