Author Topic: 0.2.9.3.2 patch for horses  (Read 557 times)

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
0.2.9.3.2 patch for horses
« on: March 19, 2013, 12:34:53 am »
Im going to start with this.-Cav is one of the easier classes. Ive played almost every class(not including hybrids) and from experience I have an easier time with cav, especially lance cav vs. Infantry.

THAT SAID-Why was the destrier charge nerfed 15? I have no problem lowering it from 33 to say, 25, BUT 18? Thats almost a 50% nerf on the charge. This isnt game breaking, it certainly won't take the fun out of cav, But to put it in perspective, The destrier charge is now weaker than the rouncey charge was. Was anyone killed by a rouncey charge(prepatch)? I highly doubt it was a common thing.

Thats just my 2 cents. Feel free to disagree and please post your thoughts.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
Re: 0.2.9.3.2 patch for horses
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 01:00:12 am »
+4
The reason for the change is that the bump damage from the faster, medium tier horses was outpacing the damage from the horses intended to do more charge damage.  Since charge damage is based on both speed and the charge stat, any loss in speed was making too great of a difference.  The goal was to make the heavy, armored horses actually do more charge damage.  A destrier will still damage, but more appropriate to its weight class.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 01:08:19 am »
+2
Im going to start with this.-Cav is one of the easier classes. Ive played almost every class(not including hybrids) and from experience I have an easier time with cav, especially lance cav vs. Infantry.

THAT SAID-Why was the destrier charge nerfed 15? I have no problem lowering it from 33 to say, 25, BUT 18? Thats almost a 50% nerf on the charge. This isnt game breaking, it certainly won't take the fun out of cav, But to put it in perspective, The destrier charge is now weaker than the rouncey charge was. Was anyone killed by a rouncey charge(prepatch)? I highly doubt it was a common thing.

Thats just my 2 cents. Feel free to disagree and please post your thoughts.
There are actually two factors which heavily influence bump damage, aside from a horse's Charge stat. First, like with mounted melee, horse speed affects the damage done. Second, how direct a horse bump is, also greatly affects the final damage as well. So if you have two horses with x charge damage, the faster horse will be capable of more damage and the more maneuverable one, will be able to consistently pull off more direct bumps, which will result in more damage. Furthermore, point for point, speed has a much larger affect on your final damage outcome than the charge stat.

So no, the Destrier charge isn't weaker than what the Rouncey charge used to be.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 01:23:12 am by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 01:15:18 am »
There are actually two factors which heavily influence bump damage, aside from a horse's Charge stat. First, like with mounted melee, horse speed affects the damage done. Second, how direct a horse bump is, also greatly affects the final damage as well. So if you have two horses with x charge damage, the faster horse will be capable of more damage and the more maneuverable one, will be able to consistently pull off more direct bumps. Furthermore, point for point, speed has a much larger affect on your final damage outcome than the charge stat.

So no, the Destrier charge isn't weaker than what the Rouncey charge used to be.
The reason for the change is that the bump damage from the faster, medium tier horses was outpacing the damage from the horses intended to do more charge damage.  Since charge damage is based on both speed and the charge stat, any loss in speed was making too great of a difference.  The goal was to make the heavy, armored horses actually do more charge damage.  A destrier will still damage, but more appropriate to its weight class.

Thanks to both of you for the explination