Author Topic: 0.2.9.3.2  (Read 22374 times)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
Re: 0.2.9.3.2
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2013, 05:20:41 am »
In addition, Balancing based on the "Best Players" is by far the most screwed up thing I have EVER heard. Crpg isn't balanced by the top teir, it's balanced by the normal, average player.
Now you're just being utterly ridiculous, Anders. I'ts a single horse, not the entire class or the entire mod for that matter. It's one horse that you don't have access to because you're not willing to make sacrifices in your build. Fortunately, other people are and I already know of one person who is in the process of looming this horse, and I plan to do the same as well. It may need a slight buff to properly fill the desired niche, but for the most part I think it's in a pretty good spot, with the 8 requirement being a very important balancing factor.

(Oh, and since you obviously aren't aware, all of the best dedicated lancers than NA has ever had, have been extremely high agility builds. Rohypnol for example, in his prime, would do 11 str, high skill point conversion builds and get 7:1+ K:D ratios for the gen.)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 05:24:41 am by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2013, 05:32:58 am »
Well I'm fine if someone like Roh use that horse! The horse will die in the first minute of the round by ranged everytime... unless he hide in a corner until all ranged are dead...

Then he'll probably go back to more resistant horse to get back his 7:1 K/D lol...

Btw the last time I saw Roh doing great on a horse... he was on a Cataphract and had a long hafted spiked mace as a side arm... which require 16 str...  :wink:
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Rhygar666

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 107
  • möp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Rhygay666_HRE
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2013, 05:40:23 am »
 Triangle Shield                                 old                            new                         

| hit points                                               602                          470                           

seriously no speed nerf for that shield? its ridicioulous to have 97 speed or more when loomed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2013, 05:40:59 am »
+2
Undo the changes to the armory system, please.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2013, 05:41:43 am »
Now you're just being utterly ridiculous, Anders. I'ts a single horse, not the entire class or the entire mod for that matter. It's one horse that you don't have access to because you're not willing to make sacrifices in your build. Fortunately, other people are and I already know of one person who is in the process of looming this horse, and I plan to do the same as well. It may need a slight buff to properly fill the desired niche, but for the most part I think it's in a pretty good spot, with the 8 requirement being a very important balancing factor.

(Oh, and since you obviously aren't aware, all of the best dedicated lancers than NA has ever had, have been extremely high agility builds. Rohypnol for example, in his prime, would do 11 str, high skill point conversion builds and get 7:1+ K:D ratios for the gen.)

I'll never ride it, or the arabian. I prefer my Rouncy, and Occasionally use a Destrier. 5 riding, or 6 is my max, just the way I play. I also don't play lance cav and probably never will. I'm not a Pure build, and never will play a pure build. Sure I can get awesome KDR, but KDR isn't what this game is about. It's about doing what's fun and what I like.

Honestly, the reason I'm arguing for the "One Horse" is because I feel that stats like that are not good for Cav. If the guy you have who's "Looming" it can be named and then lets check how much he likes it afterwords, lets see then wheter or not it was a good idea?
Honestly, it's slower than a courser, less manueverable than a Arabian. Instead of balancing it that way, why not reverse the arabian and the Eastern. The arabian would be the Manueverable monster, the Courser the Speedy Ferrari, and the Eastern the Average Joe of the 3.(but you shouldn't make it 8 riding!)

It's all opinion, and Honestly, I'd like to see some of the community be put into the item balance team already so we have more than the, maybe 4?, balancers we have now. More people, more opinions, more ideas. I'd join but I'm sure I'd be veto'd for wanting to Buff Godendag and other random weapons cause they are rather random in their use :wink:

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2013, 05:51:23 am »
Im happy with the balancing.

Some small errors or oversights but to be fair we have near enought 1000 items and balancing them all to perfection would be cray.

I like the idea of restricting certain gear to certain builds and i would love to see a low teir throwing or bow that required high strength. Or a 8 shield skill requirement shield that is low tier due to the strength sacrifice not because of bad stats.

Or a 1 hander with very high damage and low speed but required 22 str so the standard 21/15 build broke down.

Maybe a special x-bow that requires power draw in exchange for a slight stats or slots sacrifice making your build fairly specific PD with no archery wpf.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2013, 05:57:18 am »
This is the update of my dreams. All my dreams. I love you guys so much.

Offline The_Devious_Duc_Volpe

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 2
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Devious, Legitimate Businessmen
  • Game nicks: The_Devious_Duc_Volpe
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2013, 06:21:54 am »
my +3 Espada doesn't suck anymore... that's cool.
Hell, I’ll kill a man in a fair fight, or if I think he’s gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there’s a woman, or if I’m gettin paid; mostly only when I’m gettin paid.

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Renown: 497
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Banana Republic / Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: IngloriouslyBad / Affordable Cavalry
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2013, 06:50:37 am »
Armory is bugged

Also, with all the applications going in for balance team, I hope they come in soon... because damn, some of the changes for this patch were interesting to say the least. The horses are what I'm focused on. I agree with what Tydeus said completely of the eastern, but some of the other horses are now more of a preferential choice to own them rather than purchase based around stats due to almost no advantage of picking 1 over the other.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2013, 07:42:39 am »
+1
Good changes. Getting bumped to death is still one of the most frustrating deaths.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2013, 08:01:11 am »
You can't even apply to a clan right now.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2013, 08:32:51 am »
This game is such a joke. Spend 90+ hours to get a +3 item then they nerf it and your left with a useless piece of shit. Then they ask you for money to create a new shitty game so that they can do the same thing. This is probably the most retarded game I have ever played. Sure most games have there flaws but at least for the most part they are fair and consistent. I feel sorry for all you fools who gave your hard earned money to this rabble, you would have been better off burning it and heating your home. Wave goodbye to your "investment" and enjoy having chadz shit all over you in years to come.
All I can an say is I am glad I didnt buy into that new game crap.If they are going to bait you with a weapon that you think you can keep your build alive with then nerf it to be pretty much the same as knightly arming sword but 2000 more in cost and not refund looms spent in it after said nerf well I guess I am the idiot but hey will be an idiot with my money(my real life money) still in my pocket.
They need to make some better 0 slot shields if they arent going to readjust for 1h/shield xbow use.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2013, 08:36:25 am »

I am a lance cav, champ arab. When I'm actually playing to win rather then dicking around I'm generally a top 3 player. At any rate, I'm mostly in agreement with Tydeus here. Unloomed I'd rather have a arab or courser due to it allowing a specialized playstyle, but loomed I'd definitely get this horse. The (lack) of survivability is a good balance for its stats I feel. Unless the rider is playing well (i.e smart) they'll be on their feet fairly quick. Frankly, I feel a dif 7 would be more appropriate for it, but I haven't tried it out yet so my opinion is fairly moot.

Pointless aside: I instadie on loomed coursers due to how fun going superspeed is.

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2013, 09:32:56 am »
+1
Not sure about this 'claim leadership' and especially not after just 5 days, does that mean that if you go away on a holiday you could come back and some random member has taken leadership of your clan, Fuck That!!!!!!

Also would be cool if armoury 'managers' could still lend items to specific clan members too, just to make it quicker and easier when taking an item off a member and lending it to someone else.

All the other website stuff looks pretty cool  :D

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2013, 09:40:23 am »
Not sure my GLA is now better or worse...  :?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.