Author Topic: New Heirloom Models (and web GUI)  (Read 200520 times)

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
Re: New Heirloom Models (and web GUI)
« Reply #855 on: February 21, 2012, 06:27:30 pm »
well, gotta wait till the xbows are completed. after then, i may think about returning to my beloved arbalest  8-)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #856 on: February 21, 2012, 06:38:14 pm »
If this ever gets dev approval and implementation I would like an option on character page whether my loomed gear would look like this to others ingame. Everybody could decide whether to show others by the looks that you have loomed gear, or you can "hide" it by choosing the original textures. So there would be choise to be made. If you take the original textures, your enemy doesn't have the information about your loomed gear. However if you like looking shiny and all, then you can do it, but everybody knows what looms you have. Sounds fair to me.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #857 on: February 22, 2012, 05:38:25 am »
If this ever gets dev approval and implementation I would like an option on character page whether my loomed gear would look like this to others ingame. Everybody could decide whether to show others by the looks that you have loomed gear, or you can "hide" it by choosing the original textures. So there would be choise to be made. If you take the original textures, your enemy doesn't have the information about your loomed gear. However if you like looking shiny and all, then you can do it, but everybody knows what looms you have. Sounds fair to me.
Why the fuck would you want to hide your heirloomed item anyway ?..

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #858 on: February 22, 2012, 12:09:37 pm »

This isn't possible anyway. The game loads textures based on the item type, there are no secondary checks in place. Therefore everyone's items will look identical as long as they are the same type.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: February 22, 2012, 12:15:40 pm »
Why the fuck would you want to hide your heirloomed item anyway ?..
Because then you would have to make a choise between stealthy loom or OMGTHISSWORDLOOKSSOAWESOMEIWANTIT?!- loom and then not everyone would be using the second option. I agree with Beauchamp. I do use this model pack myself for now, and wouldn't it be kinda waste if this is not implemented in some way? But isn't it silly that everyone would have to look like shiny uber knights if they have loomed weapons?

You (EDIT: not meaning you koyama but some people in this thread) easilly -1 every post that suggests something that is different from the current pack or if the message gives other than super positive feedback for Final_Boss. I appreciate him for what he has done with this pack. It looks cool and he is doing a good job, no one is claiming otherwise. Others just prefer some things over other. Just like showing if your weapon is loomed. It is a lot of information when you can spot the weapons with 100% certaintity. You can pick your opponents because you KNOW who has loomed weapon and maybe is better than the newb with unloomed one.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:38:13 pm by Son Of Odin »

Offline Tengil

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Tengil
« Reply #860 on: February 22, 2012, 12:18:09 pm »
I think a lot of the blades look really sloppy made and they looked better before i really dont like this but i really like the mod so i hope you know waht im talking about and find a way to fix it cuz it feels really silly running around with what looks like a plastic weapon

ty
Evil guy with a dragon and a horn to summon it with.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: February 22, 2012, 12:21:30 pm »
I think a lot of the blades look really sloppy made and they looked better before i really dont like this but i really like the mod so i hope you know waht im talking about and find a way to fix it cuz it feels really silly running around with what looks like a plastic weapon

ty

wut.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: February 22, 2012, 12:33:01 pm »

ty
Ouch! Well played mister, but you missed my point. I didn't say his textures are bad or anything like that, quite opposite because they look nice. To get this implemented in cRPG needs some options like I and Beauchamp have suggested here because not everyone wants to show their looms and wouldn't it maybe look somewhat silly when everyone is running around with loomed shiny gear? Not to speak about the fact that you'd spot every new player and attack them in the battlefield when you see that they are not wearing any looms.

This isn't possible anyway. The game loads textures based on the item type, there are no secondary checks in place. Therefore everyone's items will look identical as long as they are the same type.
Are you really sure about that. +3 item could never use the texture which Final_Boss has put to regular item? I wouldn't be so sure. Maybe there is some way to trick the game think it is +0 item texturewise and still have +3 stats.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: February 22, 2012, 12:36:54 pm »
Are you really sure about that. +3 item could never use the texture which Final_Boss has put to regular item? I wouldn't be so sure. Maybe there is some way to trick the game think it is +0 item texturewise and still have +3 stats.

The only way to do it would be to make a new item type for every heirloom level of every item, then give people the option to load one or the other in game, via the website. Essentially it would be a lot of work on the dev's end for very little benefit. So, yes it IS technically possible, but personally I'd rather see the devs put that effort into something more important.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: February 22, 2012, 12:42:52 pm »
The only way to do it would be to make a new item type for every heirloom level of every item, then give people the option to load one or the other in game, via the website. Essentially it would be a lot of work on the dev's end for very little benefit. So, yes it IS technically possible, but personally I'd rather see the devs put that effort into something more important.
Well there is some work for development when they are bored and not having other things to do :mrgreen:.

Offline Tengil

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Tengil
« Reply #865 on: February 22, 2012, 01:23:20 pm »
Ouch! Well played mister, but you missed my point. I didn't say his textures are bad or anything like that, quite opposite because they look nice. To get this implemented in cRPG needs some options like I and Beauchamp have suggested here because not everyone wants to show their looms and wouldn't it maybe look somewhat silly when everyone is running around with loomed shiny gear? Not to speak about the fact that you'd spot every new player and attack them in the battlefield when you see that they are not wearing any looms.

lol no thats not what you said that what i said im just sharing my opinion with the mod creator ;P
Evil guy with a dragon and a horn to summon it with.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: February 22, 2012, 02:26:07 pm »
+1
lol no thats not what you said that what i said im just sharing my opinion with the mod creator ;P
Still not sure if serious... Mysterious man..

Offline Otus_VI

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Otus_VI
« Reply #867 on: February 22, 2012, 02:51:10 pm »
+1
Yes give me horses some love!  :D

Hey I love dem horses so you must love them too! :=
Peasant for life

Offline Warham

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Guard
  • Game nicks: Warham
« Reply #868 on: February 22, 2012, 03:20:54 pm »
+1
Use this while we are waiting for FinalBoss's horses.
Sorry for my english, i am russian-speaking.

Offline Zandieer

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: February 22, 2012, 06:27:51 pm »
Use this while we are waiting for FinalBoss's horses.
Yes these are lovely :D Been using them. Nice work, pal!  :D