Author Topic: New Heirloom Models (and web GUI)  (Read 199503 times)

Offline Warham

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Guard
  • Game nicks: Warham
Re: New Heirloom Models (and web GUI)
« Reply #840 on: February 20, 2012, 06:47:51 am »
Problem with nodachi is in mesh or texture, cause i try to use +1 model and its looks normal. Question to Final Boss. But for a while i have returned nodachi +0 models to old crpg models.
Im positive I did the right directory. When I selected my cRPG folder and ran the installer it said,"Installation complete with errors."

Help?
I updated install.exe. Now it makes buckup automatically and writes log to the txt file. Try to install it again, then go to crpg folder, then to folder Buckup/DateTimeOfInstall. Open log.txt file, copy all text and paste it in this topic. Then i will look at it.

Download Fixed Version
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 06:51:54 am by Warham »
Sorry for my english, i am russian-speaking.

Offline Anal Bleeding

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: February 20, 2012, 07:25:43 am »
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 07:27:54 am by Anal Bleeding »

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #842 on: February 20, 2012, 09:58:43 am »
+1
Amazing work with the heirloom models. love the rus bow and bodkin arrows. Im interested in seeing what my straw hat and leather jerkin will look like now.  :D :D :D :D
Pock gobblers

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #843 on: February 20, 2012, 01:58:42 pm »
Amazing work with the heirloom models. love the rus bow and bodkin arrows. Im interested in seeing what my straw hat and leather jerkin will look like now.  :D :D :D :D

you'll look like this with your +3 straw hat & leather jerkin

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 02:01:51 pm by Tavuk_Bey »

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #844 on: February 20, 2012, 03:31:33 pm »
the models look great, a few of them are maybe to "shinny, golden, colored" to me. well they may not be overdesigned, but if everybody will use them then they are. so the question is how much to use them.

i'm saying this, because i'm a little bit afraid of that everybody would look now like uber decorated knight. there are only very few people who have no looms - from this point of view if everybody will have a super looking equipment it kinda looses sense of uniqueness.

so i'd rather suggest that you can loom your weapon up to 6 times, while 3 first looms improve stats only and next 3 looms improve looks only. i think not everybody would loose 31 lvls of experience only to get better looking weapons, thuss it would be assured that not so many people look "unique". if u have the guts to reset your char 6 times only to get 1 super looking weapon, than yeah you are totally crazy and you really deserve that great looking axe.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 03:34:24 pm by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #845 on: February 20, 2012, 04:41:35 pm »
the models look great, a few of them are maybe to "shinny, golden, colored" to me. well they may not be overdesigned, but if everybody will use them then they are. so the question is how much to use them.

i'm saying this, because i'm a little bit afraid of that everybody would look now like uber decorated knight. there are only very few people who have no looms - from this point of view if everybody will have a super looking equipment it kinda looses sense of uniqueness.

so i'd rather suggest that you can loom your weapon up to 6 times, while 3 first looms improve stats only and next 3 looms improve looks only. i think not everybody would loose 31 lvls of experience only to get better looking weapons, thuss it would be assured that not so many people look "unique". if u have the guts to reset your char 6 times only to get 1 super looking weapon, than yeah you are totally crazy and you really deserve that great looking axe.

Sorry but that one is based only on devs opinion and mood. Don't expect miracles from Boss.

If you get chadz to read this thread, do what you say and make 6 levels of heirlooming... Then maybe. :)

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #846 on: February 20, 2012, 07:45:32 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Even with this, someone would just redo the textures so they show up on the first three levels. At that point looming the new 3 would do absolutely nothing but waste points. In a game that's as easily moddable as this one, anything where people have to do a lot of work just to look a certain way is going to fail.

Offline LastKaze

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LastKaze
  • IRC nick: LastKaze
« Reply #847 on: February 20, 2012, 07:46:23 pm »

Denied!

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #848 on: February 20, 2012, 09:53:00 pm »
+1
Even with this, someone would just redo the textures so they show up on the first three levels. At that point looming the new 3 would do absolutely nothing but waste points. In a game that's as easily moddable as this one, anything where people have to do a lot of work just to look a certain way is going to fail.

so - sbdy mods crpg, he makes his own newly looking version of warband where everybody looks like shinny rich knight. i say why not, its his choice - he can replace the regular models even now. but its also his choice he won't see any difference between loom +3 and +6 then and most of the others will still see him as a regular figher if he will hold on to his +3 weapons. why this should be an argument of not implementing this? there are people using color arrows mod, will we remove arrows because of them?

all i say is i want these models to be unique, not available to everybody. right now almost everybody has loomed something. i feel like this game is about medieval slaughter of rough smelly ugly guys with rusty weapons and not about a fight among golden swords.

thats why i suggested what i suggested, i'm not sure if it is the right way, maybe it is not. or maybe only fief owner's loomed weapons could look like these. i don't know, just suggesting...

so i guess there are just 2 attitudes - these designed weapons for almost everybody and we will all look like in amusement park or the other way where only a few people have them. i support the other option, but i guess its minor oppinion as i see the other reactions (less intelligent than yours).

(also if you think that "anything where people have to do a lot of work just to look a certain way is going to fail", than you probably haven't played any mmo at all)
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: February 20, 2012, 11:40:57 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Heh, I've played far too many mmos, actually.  :wink: And I would hardly classify this as an mmo. It's a mod, and therefore quite a bit different. In an mmo the vast majority of the playerbase uses nothing more altering than a few HUD mods, whereas here it's quite common to use mods that alter textures, sounds, etc. In a game like this that is so easy to change textures and such, people can relatively easily just change up how their equipment looks manually. Much easier to do that than to spend a month for each piece of gear looming it just for the looks. With the current system there is little reason to do this, as most people will loom their equipment to +3 eventually anyway, and so see no reason to swap textures to have that +3 appearance on their lower level item.

In an mmo your idea would work quite well, but here I just don't think it would.

On a side note, you could always just keep 2 c-rpg folders, one modded with the heirloom models and one without, and just switch between them if you get tired of it with/without the new textures.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #850 on: February 21, 2012, 12:09:51 am »
just wanted to say, that some people are able to do EVERYTHING just for better looks ingame (loose job, gf, life... :)). and i don't think there is big difference between mmos and this mod - in both there are people that play it really A LOT.

but specialy this doesn't really matter in the end - i really like these new models. i really do, but i'd like them to be really unique (not that everyone will have them). this is the basic point of my suggestion.

and i don't care how this will be achieved. of course if majority of others would like to see everybody that has looms with diamond on a sword, than i can't do nothing but to adjust to the wishes of majority (or devs).

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #851 on: February 21, 2012, 05:39:34 am »
+1
I don't agree with what that guy is saying just because of balance and what not. And honestly everyone has their own different set of MW stuff and I believe it will be different enough to make a difference to everybody in game. Because as it is all the models are kinda exactly the same so the difference will in anycase add more variety no matter what

Oh and I vote that you do horses before shields   :D Cuz horses will look super awesome
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #852 on: February 21, 2012, 01:13:08 pm »
just wanted to say, that some people are able to do EVERYTHING just for better looks ingame (loose job, gf, life... :)). and i don't think there is big difference between mmos and this mod - in both there are people that play it really A LOT.

but specialy this doesn't really matter in the end - i really like these new models. i really do, but i'd like them to be really unique (not that everyone will have them). this is the basic point of my suggestion.

and i don't care how this will be achieved. of course if majority of others would like to see everybody that has looms with diamond on a sword, than i can't do nothing but to adjust to the wishes of majority (or devs).

Having Unique Items would be cool, Id love it if no one elses poleaxe looked like mine but they could still see it, but people will just mod theirs so it does with the ammout of people who can edit textures nothing would stay Unique for long :L
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: February 21, 2012, 03:11:18 pm »
+1
Oh and I vote that you do horses before shields   :D Cuz horses will look super awesome

I agree. Loomed horses will look sweet.  :D

Offline Zandieer

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: February 21, 2012, 06:00:16 pm »
+1
I agree. Loomed horses will look sweet.  :D