Author Topic: New Heirloom Models (and web GUI)  (Read 200642 times)

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
Re: New Heirloom Models (and web GUI) - 11/14 - 1h models ready to test!
« Reply #390 on: November 20, 2011, 09:12:24 pm »
Feet is a weird and silly measurement system that made me have to go look those lengths up! Rawr, me mad!

But really. a 185cm long (actually longer since the extra length behind the lowest hand) stick isn't that hard to stab with. Just take a normal mop or something and try to do some stabs with it. It's really not difficult and personally I can (without armour and no metal on the stick) stab much faster than what they do ingame. Doing quick stabs isn't that hard.

Also, the flamberge, and a lot of the other weapons ingame, is actually a bit short to what they really were. A zweihander was up to 180cm long. One of the few that are longer ingame than what they really were is the Katan, which is 95cm ingame, but which actually are only 60-75cm long. Some "long" katanas are found in the 75-90cm range, but they weren't the standard length. Actually the classification for a Nodachi is that it is longer than 90cm. Really silly that the ingame katana is then 95cm and thus technically a Nodachi xD
Yeah, I sort wish we Americans could adapt to the Metric system, because it'd be soo much easier, but if you're throwing your whole body into it (which I would, because you'd want max momentum to penetrate thick armor), wouldn't the weight and length of the weapon off balance you a little? I dunno, but I'm pretty sure a real flamberge or sword would weigh more than they do in cRPG (Unless weight is kg, of course xD)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 20, 2011, 11:49:25 pm »
Heh, it's the only cleaver I could find in a whole 5 minutes of google searching!

So wait..length goes by centimeters? I suppose that would make sense..

Nono, the greatswords are all more than 2.5m long.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 20, 2011, 11:56:00 pm »
Nono, the greatswords are all more than 2.5m long.
Taller than a man..?

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 20, 2011, 11:56:43 pm »
I was only trying to confuse you further.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 20, 2011, 11:58:56 pm »
I was only trying to confuse you further.
Google Calculator mate ;)

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 21, 2011, 12:36:20 am »
Oh, and weight IS kg.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #396 on: November 21, 2011, 12:45:12 am »
Wtf is pound for a measurement anyways?Same goes with feet.

Its so Weird, if I wanted to reach its weirdness I would need to denounce my House Kingdom of Narnia and give a new law by which I introduce a new Measurement called Dick which is 20 cm.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #397 on: November 21, 2011, 12:51:43 am »
Anyone having a Pic of the Military sickle with this pack?
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #398 on: November 21, 2011, 01:45:07 am »
Yeah, I sort wish we Americans could adapt to the Metric system, because it'd be soo much easier, but if you're throwing your whole body into it (which I would, because you'd want max momentum to penetrate thick armor), wouldn't the weight and length of the weapon off balance you a little? I dunno, but I'm pretty sure a real flamberge or sword would weigh more than they do in cRPG (Unless weight is kg, of course xD)
Well, that's the thing with the spears, and especially the awlpike. You can gain pretty high piercing power from not that great momentum because of the pointy end, while still being balanced because of the distance between your hands if you DO do a strong stab. Herpaderpa crappy explanation since I'm not quite sure how to explain it. Sorry :( Anyway, you wouldn't have to throw your full weight in with a bum-rush attack to pierce plate. Fighting with an awlpike against plate would be quick "jumps" towards, then quickly dart back again. Although, throwing all your weight in, charging forward could work pretty well; it would be the equaliant of jumping towards the enemy while swinging a big axe over your head. It's unexpected, does LOADS of damage (split skull with the axe or pierced plate, padding, skin and guts with the awplike) if it hits, but can easily be dodged, parried or stopped.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 01:50:26 am by Zapper »
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 21, 2011, 01:45:31 am »
Download OpenBRF and look at all the models:

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 21, 2011, 07:53:33 am »
Download OpenBRF and look at all the models:

That sounds like too much work.

Well, that's the thing with the spears, and especially the awlpike. You can gain pretty high piercing power from not that great momentum because of the pointy end, while still being balanced because of the distance between your hands if you DO do a strong stab. Herpaderpa crappy explanation since I'm not quite sure how to explain it. Sorry :( Anyway, you wouldn't have to throw your full weight in with a bum-rush attack to pierce plate. Fighting with an awlpike against plate would be quick "jumps" towards, then quickly dart back again. Although, throwing all your weight in, charging forward could work pretty well; it would be the equaliant of jumping towards the enemy while swinging a big axe over your head. It's unexpected, does LOADS of damage (split skull with the axe or pierced plate, padding, skin and guts with the awplike) if it hits, but can easily be dodged, parried or stopped.
Heh, I'd love to be able to throw caution to the wind every now and then like that, but it's too bad that'll never be added to cRPG :(

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #401 on: November 21, 2011, 01:46:39 pm »
Heh, I'd love to be able to throw caution to the wind every now and then like that, but it's too bad that'll never be added to cRPG :(
Oh, you can! It's called "spam" :D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Deathwhisper

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 21, 2011, 03:42:23 pm »
Feet is a weird and silly measurement system that made me have to go look those lengths up! Rawr, me mad!

But really. a 185cm long (actually longer since the extra length behind the lowest hand) stick isn't that hard to stab with. Just take a normal mop or something and try to do some stabs with it. It's really not difficult and personally I can (without armour and no metal on the stick) stab much faster than what they do ingame. Doing quick stabs isn't that hard.

Also, the flamberge, and a lot of the other weapons ingame, is actually a bit short to what they really were. A zweihander/flamberge could be up to 180cm long. Spears in special is much shorter ingame than what they were historically. Most (medieval, military, infantry) spears were 1.8-2.5m, longer than that would be considered pikes. The long spear got the long spears of the side covered (it's 2.45m), but the normal warspears are very short. The warspear, for example, is only 1.5m long ingame. Way too short. But the biggest difference between ingame and reality is the glaive I think (not that I would have a longer glaive ingame! Longer spears, hell yeah! Longer glaive? Fuuuu-!). Ingame the glaive is 1.6m ingame, while the real versions were usually a blade, around 45 cm long, on the end of a pole usually 2m long. In total  2.45m. Same as the long spear!

One of the few that are longer ingame than what they really were is the Katana, which is 95cm ingame, but which actually are only 60-75cm long. Some "long" katanas are found in the 75-90cm range, but they weren't the standard length. Actually the classification for a Nodachi is that it is longer than 90cm. Really silly that the ingame katana is then 95cm and thus technically a Nodachi xD

Weapon length doesn't give the real length of the weapon, it only gives the weapon's length from where you're holding it, at least for polearms, so the weapon's real length is usually 20-30cm more than what the game says. The best example of this is the quarter staff. It's got a 137 length, but the weapon itself is actually about as long as an awlpike (165 length).

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 21, 2011, 05:20:17 pm »
+1
Weapon length doesn't give the real length of the weapon, it only gives the weapon's length from where you're holding it, at least for polearms, so the weapon's real length is usually 20-30cm more than what the game says. The best example of this is the quarter staff. It's got a 137 length, but the weapon itself is actually about as long as an awlpike (165 length).
Check the post before the one you quoted. Thanks for confirming it anyway :D

Offline Heresiarch

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 23, 2011, 06:39:25 pm »
+1
Final_Boss you are not just a modder, you are a game developer!!!

I only first discovered this mod today, but this is so amazing!

I played another MMO called Anarchy Online where a member from the community posted a bunch of reworked inventory icons like you just did, the developers instantly recognized his talent and hired him as a freelance developer. This is how exactly I view you, respect!