Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt  (Read 96646 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
« Reply #1290 on: November 10, 2015, 06:56:07 pm »
The Sean Daniel Company [SDC], an established American production company - known for ‘The Mummy’ franchise, a new adaptation of ‘Ben-Hur’, which is currently in production, or the television series ‘The Expanse’ – has become Platige Films’ official partner in the preparation of the production of a full-length feature film about Geralt the witcher, the hero of Andrzej Sapkowski’s novels. The film will be based on themes from the short stories ‘The Witcher’ and ‘Lesser Evil’ from ‘The Last Wish’ collection. Tomasz Bagiński, who had been nominated for an Oscar for his film, ‘The Cathedral’, will be the director.

The film will be an introduction to the Witcher’s world and is planned to be the beginning of a series. Thania St. John, an experienced Hollywood scriptwriter, author of such television productions as ‘Grimm’, ‘Chicago Fire’ and ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’, is working on the script as well as on its film and television continuation.

The film is intended for international distribution, its world premiere is planned for 2017. Jarosław Sawko and Piotr Sikora will be the producers from Platige Films’ side and Sean Daniel and Jason Brown from the SDC’s side.

Not too impressive, to be honest. But we will see :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: November 11, 2015, 12:59:36 am »
+2
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #1292 on: November 11, 2015, 10:01:47 am »
+1
I'll actually watch it ^^
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: November 12, 2015, 01:37:13 pm »
Finished the expansion the other day. It was pretty good but I don't think it was among the most engaging of the quest lines in the game. But that is also a high standard.

I found the relic version of the New Moon armor I posted about earlier, and I have to retract my comment on it not having great stats. It's the primary crit build armor, especially if you enchant the runeword that makes it light armor and use the light armor perk.

Also just read the two first books in the series, currently in the middle of Baptism of Fire. I kind of like them, it's very different from anything I've read before. Time of Contempt especially was good. I can see why the series was an obvious choice for an RPG as it's mostly just dialogue, and there's a thematic emphasis on hard choices and consequences. And flawed characters. Geralt is also very eloquent, I would say it's his main power besides swordplay. Something we don't see enough of in TW3, if only a bit more in TW2.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: November 13, 2015, 01:48:47 pm »
Started a fresh playthrough just now because F4 was leaving me cold, and the contrast is huge. Makes me appreciate TW3 a lot more.

My only problems again are that Geralt isn't very interesting and your choices are limited because they don't let you break too much from canon, and witchers are like glorified plumbers, wandering around the countryside and taking shit from plebians they service for a few coins. If it had a TES-like class system and guilds etc, it'd be 10/10.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 01:54:45 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #1295 on: November 13, 2015, 02:10:22 pm »
But then guilds ect would be out of place. How would a Witcher fit into a guild. In some sense they almost are that on their own.

I'm going to start a fresh playthrough now I've bought Hearts of Stone on g2a for about £3 so will see what it adds.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: November 17, 2015, 11:37:08 am »
witchers are like glorified plumbers, wandering around the countryside and taking shit from plebians they service for a few coins.

Whats funny about this is that plebs know that witchers are killing machines yet still don't miss a single opportunity to call out your 'ugly mug'.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: November 17, 2015, 10:20:01 pm »
But then guilds ect would be out of place. How would a Witcher fit into a guild. In some sense they almost are that on their own.

Well there are/were multiple Witcher guilds/schools with different styles. For example there is/was one that does humanassassinations, one that likes magic more than swords and one that likes the opposite. Shit, thats basically the Dark Brohood, Magic guild and Fighters guild.

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #1298 on: November 17, 2015, 10:31:46 pm »
What I don't understand is how more people don't recognise Geralt or shit themselves in fear rather than fight him, the guy has a 15 power Gwent hero card in his name!!!!!!! He must be strong.

Also, how can Djikstra + others be any good at being subtle? They have their face posted on a Gwent card that everyone plays with 'SPY' written on it.

lmao don't take Gwent that seriously - it's just a fun minigame that includes lore from the entire saga.

For instance, Rainfarn was a knight of Attre who tried to kill a cursed man named Duny (who would later become known as Emhyr var Emreis). Geralt, being a boss, essentially rekt Rainfarn in a massive fight......(too long to keep typing).

I read this in one of the books, I just want to share the fact that you shouldn't overspeculate on the purpose of Gwent and how it impacts the rest of the world.

Btw, I'm the best at gwent.
(click to show/hide)

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: November 17, 2015, 10:47:10 pm »
Also, we all know that guilds are organisations based around groups of people in a profession (e.g. blacksmiths), and to say that the witcher caste in and of itself is a guild isn't necessarily wrong. I think of the different schools as sort of 'regions' that make up this guild. In the case of blacksmiths, different places produce different quality items (Skellige swords will differ from those made in Mahakam). Just like the smiths,  witcher schools (such as the Wolf and Viper) produce different witchers, but they all are made in order to slay monsters for coin on the path. What makes witchers interesting is the fact that no one knows really anything about them. They are highly skilled, morally ambiguous, and a certain one we know entertains kings and ploughs sorceresses.

The Cat school stopped producing witchers who walked the path and became assassins, kind of like Serrit, Auckes, and Letho (who originated from the school of the Viper). I imagine that their reputation as assassins who hunt men instead of monsters gives all the other witchers a bad name.

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: November 20, 2015, 11:58:39 pm »
+1
Erm, I need your help. Could you send me unedited input.settings file from Documents/The Witcher 3 folder?

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: November 21, 2015, 12:07:14 am »
+1
Erm, I need your help. Could you send me unedited input.settings file from Documents/The Witcher 3 folder?

move the file out or delete it, then relaunch the game

a new one should be made

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: November 21, 2015, 12:22:13 am »
+1
Thank you very much, kind sir  :P

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: November 21, 2015, 02:27:58 pm »
Recently got around to playing this thing. The bugged Person in Distress things make me so sad >_<

Also, it's great.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: November 21, 2015, 03:10:45 pm »
If you also think Geralt is too much of a pretty boy now, and not pale enough, two mods I can recommend;

Geralt Weathered Face
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/729/?

And Lore-friendly Witchers
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/390/?

Also, I recently crafted the new Viper armor:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 03:42:21 pm by Angantyr »