Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt  (Read 96680 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
« Reply #945 on: June 06, 2015, 10:47:50 am »
+4
True dat, but even wiithout using xbow, bombs or even signs, it's still an issue.

Patch 1.05 introduced Bovine Defense Force Initiative  :wink:

Being an open world game, The Witcher 3 is prone to exploits and glitches. But this little fix, added with today's patch, takes the cake. In order to keep players from exploiting a particular money glitch (by killing cows, meditating until they respond and reaping the loot they drop), the "Deploys the Bovine Defense Force Initiative" part of the patch makes sure no cheaters get away with it. Now, when you try the exploit, the game spawns a massive, certain death-level monster.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #946 on: June 06, 2015, 10:54:33 am »
+1
Now that's a creative anti-cheat :D
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 06, 2015, 11:30:19 am »
+1

That candle part had me on the floor. :D

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #948 on: June 07, 2015, 02:15:14 am »
I am level 18 and never felt the need to grind money so far.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 02:49:58 am by Araxiel »
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: June 07, 2015, 03:29:31 am »
Now that's a creative anti-cheat :D
They just made it worse though, people are using that monster to farm red mutagens
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: June 07, 2015, 09:16:02 am »
+2
I doubt they weren't aware of possibility to exploit this "Bovine Defense Force", it's just too obvious. But you have to be pretty high lvl to kill chors and if someone is so stubborn and deliberately come back to White orchard to destroy the game economics for himself it's his problem. It's a single player game after all.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: June 07, 2015, 12:38:56 pm »
Yes, sure; but that same logic goes for the initial cow exploit. I don't care about either. I guess it's just good for the devs to try and fix crap like this because otherwise you get a ton of autists - I'm sorry, retards - complaining that the game is too easy because they abused an exploit. If that wasn't the case, they could and should leave crap like that alone.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: June 07, 2015, 02:00:51 pm »
Well, at first it was just an ordinary exploit like hundreds of others, now it's kinda funny, unique exploit  :wink:

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: June 08, 2015, 02:37:22 am »
http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/3/8719389/colorblind-on-witcher-3-rust-and-gamings-race-problem

Reviews have lavished praise, perfect scores and awards on it. While some reviews have mentioned issues such as sexism, none I read mentioned another crucial misstep: Not a single human in the game is a person of color.

You’ll often hear "based on mythology" as well as "historically accurate," in the same breath, even though it can’t be both. If it’s based on mythology, then it’s fiction. If it’s historically accurate, then we must talk about our ancestors’ legendary fights with sirens on shores of Arg Skellige.

It is incredibly unwelcoming to be shown the door by the same people who open it for fantasy creatures. Gamer culture needs to improve its diversity — not of magical beings, but of the people who are part of its culture. That is, if it wishes to be a safe, open, tolerant space for everyone — regardless of race.

It should be mentioned the game deals with "racism," but other races literally means different species: Elves, dwarves and other non-humans face bigotry.

Indeed, it shows again that humans are white humans and everyone else is non-human and oppressed. I’m not against racism being depicted; the game actually shows racism and bigotry as bad. But even Elves have the opportunity to exist. People of color don’t.

Again: This is literal dehumanising of people of color. We are relegated to non-human species, their treatment is supposed to mimic real-world racist policies. This sci-fi/fantasy trope of dealing with racism by showing inter-species treatment could work — if all the humans weren’t all white.

If anything, making us short, bearded white Scottish men, or very white, pointy-eared thin people reinforces how dismissed we are — by not even being considered human.

:lol: :lol: :lol: my sides...

Oh, and one more thing.

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the newest installment of the award-winning fantasy video game series, is hyping itself as the most racist game ever.

In this most recent trailer for the game, the theme of racism is repeatedly mentioned.

There are two ways to look at this: either racism is included in the game to lecture people about racism, or they are picking up on the fact that #Gamergate folks think racism is cool. The fact that the game is developed by a Polish company, CD Projekt RED, and based on a Polish novel series by a non-Jewish Pole implies that it is probably the latter.

"a non-Jewish Pole"? What's that supposed to mean? If it was written by a Pole of Jewish descent Witcher wouldn't be rascist?  :lol:

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: June 08, 2015, 07:22:01 am »
That article and its comments make me angry. :mad:

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: June 08, 2015, 07:50:42 am »
I found it funny. If CDPR are smart they will ignore all of this crap and keep doing what they do. Everything here is normal. They got so much popularity and success that the femnazis and racistpolice are reacting. Theres nothing one can do about it, except literally hire a guy to watch over the project to make sure that all races and both their genders have a strong lead that does not die. And that my friends is forced political correctness, it shows and turns a games story and characterarc into poop, due to it no longer feeling organic, but clearly planned.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: June 08, 2015, 08:15:47 am »
The whining about sexism and now racism pisses me off because it's likely that gaming companies are going to seriously consider them.

The ism hysteria of today where everything is ist this or ist that is fucking annoying and makes me just want to act contrary when otherwise I wouldn't.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #957 on: June 08, 2015, 09:17:23 am »
+2
The cunts whining about this represent maybe 0.01 of the people buying and playing the game. Any game devs bending over backwards for these fanatics constantly trying to insert their political dogma in media are wasting their time and money.

Of course when you have ppl dumb enough to keep giving Polygon and Kotaku and all the other utterly useless, obsolete and superfluous "gaming" websites their clicks, it's never going to stop. These places are staffed entirely by culture warriors who believe their humanities degrees are absolute and unassailable moral guidelines, that they have a right, nay a duty, to spread the Good Word. The only reason they write about video games is because video games have become such a gigantic industry with such a lot of reach. They could give two shits about actual video games, they only see it as a useful medium to wage their unending culture war, against the various 'isms which are their equivalent of cardinal sins.

The real irony is that gamers as a whole are and always have been "left-wing" as fuck, and the people attacking their hobby were traditionally the "right-wing" traditionalists and conservatives. In fact the criticisms leveled at people who identify as "gamers" haven't changed at all, merely the type of people it's coming from.

TL;DR: It's a political religion and they're proselytizing. Protip: don't link to clickbait. You're feeding them.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: June 08, 2015, 09:41:14 am »
One of the things i find most ironic is that they are pretending to preach multi-culturalism... whilst attacking a Polish game studio and a Polish writer for basing their work in their own culture...

That's sort of the Soviet version of "multi-culturalism", aka no-culture, where actual individual cultures are diluted and mashed into a gray, identity-less blob. Soviets did this by killing off artists, poets and cultural workers, whilst trying to erase national identities and languages. These fucks are doing it by hypocritically calling everyone racist and trying to white-guilt Eastern Europeans of all people. :mad:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: June 08, 2015, 09:44:40 am »
http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/3/8719389/colorblind-on-witcher-3-rust-and-gamings-race-problem

As Oberyn said, have some decency and archive this shit: https://archive.is/MuLl6

Also, the author is comically, openly racist. And I do mean the actual real world race-based-discrimination kind of racism, not the tumblr variant:

That’s why whitewashing — casting a white actor to play a character of color — is not the same as race-bending — casting a black actor to play a white character.
As Anjali Patel highlights: "Whitewashing takes over the limited space people of color have to exist in the entertainment industry as complex, multifaceted individuals, and then shuts them out completely.
"Whereas: "Racebending... counters that, in a way. It demands a space for people of color to exist in franchises where they are severely underrepresented."

I.e. it' s fine if a black person plays a white role, but the reverse of that is turboracist.