Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt  (Read 96669 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
« Reply #900 on: June 03, 2015, 06:36:14 pm »
"Realistically" you cant stealthkill animals. Ever heard of hunters who sneak up on deer and slit their throats open? The very reason you need a steroidbuffed Witcher to solve your monsterproblems in the first place is because monsters/animals have hightened senses, not only speed, strenght and giant claws.Just because you have hightened senses aswell does not make you a ninja. "Realistically" its not really possible to sneak up on them. Stealthkilling bandits and people? Sure. Monsters? I will never believe it.
Witchers have heightened senses just like the monsters they hunt. More importantly, they have access to other crap, like potions. In one of the quests, Geralt drinks a potion to conceal his scent from a hag that has extremely good smell, and hides in its lair. Witchers also move more quietly than normal humans.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #901 on: June 03, 2015, 07:20:33 pm »
Lol wat, I didn't know that either, not sure if thats better than using alt though.
Tells you about it in the tutorial if i am not mistaken.
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 03, 2015, 07:34:54 pm »
Tells you about it in the tutorial if i am not mistaken.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. And there's definitely no info about double tapping in game manual or glossary. Just like with F5 being a quicksave and some other keys which also aren't described.

not sure if thats better than using alt though.

FOr me alt+wsad combo was almost unplayable. I blame my keyboard with tiny alt key.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 03, 2015, 07:41:52 pm »
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 07:52:12 pm by Banok »

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 03, 2015, 07:52:04 pm »
Witchers have heightened senses just like the monsters they hunt. More importantly, they have access to other crap, like potions. In one of the quests, Geralt drinks a potion to conceal his scent from a hag that has extremely good smell, and hides in its lair. Witchers also move more quietly than normal humans.

Yea, but just because you have hightened senses doesnt mean your opponent loses his because of it. Its like, if you have hightened smelling and a monster has hightened smelling, you can still smell eachothers shit a mile away. And how do they move more quitely? With all the gear and 2 swords and everything, id expect them to cling like hell. I dont really see the stealth on monsters thing as a good idea at all. Story and realismwise. Gerelt is a grunt and everybody in the Witcher series knows it and always reminds him of it. In W2 those assassins, were the only witchers who appeared even remotely stealth oriented. Everyone else who is a Witcher is a simple grunt.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #905 on: June 03, 2015, 08:05:14 pm »
Since they stick pretty close to the books and their characters, I don't think Geralt is sneaky in any of the books either... so...
Besides, he is so much more advanced than mere humans, there is simply no need for him to be sneaky. Just waltz in and slay 'em all... like in that trailer...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 03, 2015, 08:16:52 pm »
Yes, Geralt isn't sneaky in the books. Doesn't change the fact that stealth would have mixed up the somewhat monotonous gameplay up a bit. I dunno, my dream RPG would be an open world like TW3 with the gameplay of Dishonored.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #907 on: June 03, 2015, 10:40:14 pm »
+2
Very impressed with the world crafting and environments. Can't remember when I've seen a game that's impressed me this much with it's visuals, even though some stuff lack attention, it all fits together very well.

As for the actual gameplay.. It's alright. Very clunky at times but enjoyable, not it's strong side tbh.
Monkeys!

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 04, 2015, 12:44:50 am »
Does anyone else have Geralt pull out the correct sword for the right mob automatically but then at times, quite a few times actually, not pull any sword til pressing the key to pull it several times whilst damn monsters are beating you down? I want to think its some kind of interrupt from the mob but it still happens even when I get away from the mob a bit, and the fact that sometimes He will automatically draw his sword on his own when a fight starts and sometimes wont makes me think its a big or something.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: June 04, 2015, 08:39:53 am »
Summer sale on gog.com including Witcher 1 for 1,49 $ and W2 for 2,49 $. W1 is pretty outdated but if someone haven't played W2 that's a good chance to get it.

(click to show/hide)

So many great looking armors. Shame that in game there's so few  :(
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 08:46:09 am by Falka »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 04, 2015, 09:28:58 am »
Does anyone else have Geralt pull out the correct sword for the right mob automatically but then at times, quite a few times actually, not pull any sword til pressing the key to pull it several times whilst damn monsters are beating you down? I want to think its some kind of interrupt from the mob but it still happens even when I get away from the mob a bit, and the fact that sometimes He will automatically draw his sword on his own when a fight starts and sometimes wont makes me think its a big or something.

Yeah. It's annoying. Post here if you want. I guess the more posts the more attention it will get.

By the way, I've started over after finishing the game, and I decided to try out the mod E3FX. I didn't like v8 much so now I'm using  v7 - NO Bloom No Fps loss version and I'm loving it. More natural colours and no fps loss to overdone shiny effects. It's a good mod.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:36:45 am by Patoson »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #911 on: June 04, 2015, 10:43:16 am »
I am confused.

I was under the impression that only those skills are active which you put onto the tree on the right side where the mutagens go too.
I just assigned a point into the Quen sign for that bubble burst. Need only a few xp to get another level and then I wanted to put it into the right-side tree to activate it.
So, from my understanding, it is not yet active.

Just fought a few drowners and when they destroyed my Quen shield, it exploded. :shock:

So, now I am unsure if that right-tree is maybe only to manage the mutagen bonuses and the skills you put points in are actually always active? :o

Edit: Everything I've found to this point tells me that only tree skills are active skills. Weird... maybe I got a wrong impression.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 10:57:14 am by Molly »
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #912 on: June 04, 2015, 11:31:45 am »
Since they stick pretty close to the books and their characters, I don't think Geralt is sneaky in any of the books either... so...
Besides, he is so much more advanced than mere humans, there is simply no need for him to be sneaky. Just waltz in and slay 'em all... like in that trailer...

You mean walk in, fold arms, grunt some & then cut them in half?

:D god i love this game. I even considered applying some of Geralds Dialog skillz to RL - my friends told me to stop though. :(
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #913 on: June 04, 2015, 11:36:25 am »
Summer sale on gog.com including Witcher 1 for 1,49 $ and W2 for 2,49 $. W1 is pretty outdated but if someone haven't played W2 that's a good chance to get it.

(click to show/hide)

So many great looking armors. Shame that in game there's so few  :(

I guess they were holding back some of them to still have blending sets for the free dlcs + addons.
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 04, 2015, 11:54:12 am »
+1
You mean walk in, fold arms, grunt some & then cut them in half?

:D god i love this game. I even considered applying some of Geralds Dialog skillz to RL - my friends told me to stop though. :(
They're not your real friends, obviously. Disregard their advice.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.