Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt  (Read 96684 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
« Reply #885 on: June 02, 2015, 08:20:03 am »
+1
Anita Sarkeesian

A feminist of Armenian origin educated in the States......as if someone from this forum scripted her.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: June 02, 2015, 11:41:01 am »
+1
My biggest gripe with the game (playing with kb/m) is the targetting. Switching targets is retarded as fuck, almost never selects the one closest to me. Unless I'm doing something terribly wrong.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: June 02, 2015, 01:50:26 pm »
My biggest gripe with the game (playing with kb/m) is the targetting. Switching targets is retarded as fuck, almost never selects the one closest to me. Unless I'm doing something terribly wrong.

Dunno, most of the time works fine for me. Though at times there's some weird "bug" or whatever you want to call it. When I make a sidestep and attack, instead of hitting the foe, Geralt makes a swing in the opposite direction... and he can do that 10 times in a row, no matter what's the camera angle. That happens even in 1 vs 1 scenario.

In short: I have a problem with how TW3 manages "lootable" stuff.
(click to show/hide)

Can not agree more.

PS. Must have for me. Instant Sign Casting tweak
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 03:23:44 pm by Falka »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: June 02, 2015, 02:52:41 pm »
+1
That isnt too wrong doe, but that is the point. That the people are intolerant against absoultely everyone. It represents racism, nationalism, anti-religious messages, sexism etc etc. If they removed all that, the world would be Candyland.
People like Sarkeesian don't understand that fantasy needs inner consistency as well and that there's a reason we're not playing pink squares adventuring in a land of yellow circles. The point of most all fantasy is taking our world and inserting it somewhere else, or vice versa, which creates the "magical" feeling instead of just being bizarre and absurd if they made nothing make sense. This is especially true in the Witcher setting where the conjunction of the spheres happens, it's just "our world + magic and monsters."

Pretty sure it all stems from the fact that feminists like Sarkeesian think women are "oppressed" as a simple coincidence, that if history played out differently women could be the one oppressing men, so having a make-believe land the roles could be reversed!!!!!11 But obviously that's not the case, and in any realistic scenario the history of a land where humans and humanlike beings live there would be the much dreaded patriarchy around.

Oh yes, and Witcher 3 actually has a ton of "strong women" capable of more than standing up to men in physical altercations.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #889 on: June 02, 2015, 02:58:13 pm »
There is a key for "change combat mode"... what it the point ? Can't see a fucking change when I press it !  :shock:
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: June 02, 2015, 03:54:52 pm »
Tbh, I kinda thought about it aswell. I've always considered Witcher in general to be anything but demeaning towards women. The women are much more capable, characterized and independent, than probably any other actual game(that wasnt directly built for femnazis) ever made. And yet still someone manages to find SOMETHING. There is no pleasing some people. Whatever you do their group and the people they represent are always harrased.

I really liked Kafeins logic here. Obviously the starving, completely racist and intolerant peasants, during wartime should uphold some degree of political correctness. Being intolerant and too poor for school during medieval times is no excuse to call a female a whore. :D

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: June 02, 2015, 07:35:19 pm »
+2
There is a key for "change combat mode"... what it the point ? Can't see a fucking change when I press it !  :shock:

If you use keyboard and mouse, like me, then that bind (by default the key "shift") allows you to use strong attacks if you press and hold it and then click. Fast attacks - left click / strong attacks - shift + left click.

EDIT: OMG! I just found out you can "riposte" monsters. For some reason I tried pressing right click right when a nekker was about to hit me and Geralt parried the attack and counter-attacked in the same move. It took me almost the entire game to realise.  :) I always just dodged monster attacks, but, if this works for other types of monsters, it must be a very good trick.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 08:25:07 pm by Patoson »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: June 03, 2015, 12:03:08 am »
+2
I think the huge amount of things to loot is useless busywork. Specifically, highlighting containers and opening them one by one is a chore that should never have been present in any RPG ever. It breaks the rhythm and immersion, despite being "realistic" in the most basic sense of the word. In most RPGs including TW3, the abundance of random containers containing random shit you can loot is immersion-breakingly unrealistic, especially considering you can loot people's homes and they say nothing. You could argue that the TES games make an acceptable use of it *at times* because some containers are physically hidden, but mostly they don't. A game where looting is done right is Dark Souls (notice how there's a 80% probability of me writing "Dark Souls" when I begin a sentence with "A game where this is done right is"). The loot containers are few and far between. A huge majority of them are at least somewhat hidden or serve as rewards after defeating given enemies. They all tend to contain important items because there's no crafting and practically no trading in Dark Souls.

A small minority of loot containers in TW3 are that good in the sense that they are a reward for something, contain important items and are present in a well-crafted location. More precisely, in TW3 the loot in dungeons is usually well-crafted. But everywhere else it tends to be bloated shit, towns being by far the worst offender with every house being stocked with several containers each containing thoroughly uninteresting crafting components. As I said, basically every RPG does this so it isn't really fair to blame them for it.

Tbh, I kinda thought about it aswell. I've always considered Witcher in general to be anything but demeaning towards women. The women are much more capable, characterized and independent, than probably any other actual game(that wasnt directly built for femnazis) ever made. And yet still someone manages to find SOMETHING. There is no pleasing some people. Whatever you do their group and the people they represent are always harrased.

There is no winning an argument with feminists like Sarkeesian because their reasoning isn't based on logic, facts or objectivity. In fact if you think you are arguing with them you're wrong: there's no argument at all. You can't win something that doesn't exist. It's all feelings and emotions. Anything can be labeled "demeaning towards women" if the rationale for labeling something that way is "it made me feel bad". You can't prove that feelings are wrong, they have no truth value. There is no pleasing people thinking like that because they will always find something else to rationalize their feelings on. Following that train of thought, anything can be interpreted as sexist or racist or whatever, so there's no end to it. The only reason why they might celebrate some games (which are invariably terrible games due to the designer's concern for things that aren't quality) is if said game is marketed as defensive of their position or otherwise emotionally pleasing (which can be a lot of things including "made by a friend").

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: June 03, 2015, 12:50:16 am »

Well, it took me a few hours to figure out that double tapping WSAD lets you make dodge. Lack of info about it is ridiculous.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #894 on: June 03, 2015, 01:08:22 am »
Well, it took me a few hours to figure out that double tapping WSAD lets you make dodge. Lack of info about it is ridiculous.
an oldschool feature
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: June 03, 2015, 01:37:06 am »
Witcher 3 has way too much loot. And I hate that if there is a branching path in a dungeon, the dead-end one will have loot there, 100% of the time. Same in houses, cities, etc. All dead ends have loot. And usually it's crap that doesn't make sense. And by "crap" I mean stuff that is TOO GOOD to be just randomly laying in random dead ends.

Also, the amount of magical relic swords in the game... you get them everywhere, yet the easy-to-craft Witcher swords always beat them like already mentioned. And money is useless in the game.

Gameplay wise I think the fact stealth is missing is a huge minus, really limits your options and it's kinda stupid you just have to waltz into huge groups of bandits and monsters etc. "Realistically" a Witcher's #1 method to kill single monsters and complete contracts should be stealth-kills.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: June 03, 2015, 12:12:02 pm »
Gameplay wise I think the fact stealth is missing is a huge minus, really limits your options and it's kinda stupid you just have to waltz into huge groups of bandits and monsters etc. "Realistically" a Witcher's #1 method to kill single monsters and complete contracts should be stealth-kills.

"Realistically" you cant stealthkill animals. Ever heard of hunters who sneak up on deer and slit their throats open? The very reason you need a steroidbuffed Witcher to solve your monsterproblems in the first place is because monsters/animals have hightened senses, not only speed, strenght and giant claws.Just because you have hightened senses aswell does not make you a ninja. "Realistically" its not really possible to sneak up on them. Stealthkilling bandits and people? Sure. Monsters? I will never believe it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 12:15:10 pm by Tibe »

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #897 on: June 03, 2015, 12:20:32 pm »
I think what Xant meant is that Witcher 3 needs a stealth system similar to Dota and other fantasy games where you turn it "on" and just walk next to them while they can't see you....unless ofc - those monsters are intelligent enough and bought themselves a ward to counter your stealth.......

(click to show/hide)

Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: June 03, 2015, 01:54:27 pm »
Lol wat, I didn't know that either, not sure if thats better than using alt though.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: June 03, 2015, 02:20:08 pm »
+1
I don't like that double-tapping WASD makes you roll. In this game I haven't had issues with it really, but in Risen 3, I couldn't play properly because my character was rolling all the time unintentionally.