Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt  (Read 96691 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
« Reply #630 on: May 23, 2015, 01:01:04 pm »
That is because you are not on xants level of obviously awesome bullshit level of playing field. That, or he probably found a group without archers, then proceed to repeatedly bait them with crossbow. Must have taken ages...
The point was that you should know you cant really beat a group of enemies when expecting not to get hit.
That's called projecting. You being shit in everything you do doesn't make others as bad as you.

Thats odd. Whenever I tried to take someone even 10 levels higher than me out, I did no damage at all and instantly got my ass hammered with 3 swings.
Humans are a lot easier than monsters when it comes to levels, especially if you've got a sword with stacked stun/freeze/etc.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 23, 2015, 01:02:12 pm »
That's called projecting.

Projecting what? bullshit from your finger-tips onto the screen of my browser?
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 23, 2015, 01:22:04 pm »
Game's a bit too easy against level-appropriate human enemies right now with a 10% stun sword and +freeze +stagger runes.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 23, 2015, 02:04:44 pm »
I love that the combat, especially on higher difficulties, is take-and-deal-high-damage. Much more interesting than 20 minute fights.

I dunno I playing on hard and can feel pretty dam grindy sometimes, the wild hunt guy fight was seriously like 35 minutes of me tickling him. Thats partly because he heals up like twice, also by time I get to him my sword is down to ~80% after tickling him to death its probs like 50%.

I'm not so sure they really considered and balanced for the fact that hard difficulty = more enemy hp = more durablity loss.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 23, 2015, 02:44:37 pm »
Wild hunt guy? You mean the werewolf? Cause thats the only enemy I can recall that regens health superfast. You have to play it smart. Use poison sword, thunderbolt potion, igni sign and some bomb and he goes down easy. Each enemy has a very massive weakness, which you need to take advantage of. I had very hard time with those spectrebosses. I gave them no damage at all and I couldnt figure out what I did wrong. Turns out you had to do that trap sign and lure it in there. It loses its spectre form inside it and you can kick the shit out of it easy. If its not a level issue, its the issue of applying the right tactics to the right kind of monster. Which I really like about this game.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 23, 2015, 02:47:44 pm »
I dunno I playing on hard and can feel pretty dam grindy sometimes, the wild hunt guy fight was seriously like 35 minutes of me tickling him. Thats partly because he heals up like twice, also by time I get to him my sword is down to ~80% after tickling him to death its probs like 50%.

I'm not so sure they really considered and balanced for the fact that hard difficulty = more enemy hp = more durablity loss.
That fight was super annoying.

Repairs don't seem that big a deal to me.. I just did the Swords and Dumplings quest, suggested level 24, and I had to hit everything a ton of frigging times for them to die. My sword needed to be repaired by kits twice during that whole long-ass quest. Not that bad.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 23, 2015, 03:07:16 pm »

Keira is real help in taht fight. Her spells do no damage, but they stagger enemies. Still that that regen is real douchebaggery. I had to resort to rolling after every strike, wait for her to stagger him, then hit him and occasionally throwing in igni, rinse and repeat.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 23, 2015, 03:31:21 pm »
Jup Xant. You were right. Human opponents work differently. You can totally pick a fight with someone who is waaaay higher leveled than you and come out at the top.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #638 on: May 23, 2015, 03:34:21 pm »
+1
Wild hunt guy? You mean the werewolf? Cause thats the only enemy I can recall that regens health superfast. You have to play it smart. Use poison sword, thunderbolt potion, igni sign and some bomb and he goes down easy. Each enemy has a very massive weakness, which you need to take advantage of. I had very hard time with those spectrebosses. I gave them no damage at all and I couldnt figure out what I did wrong. Turns out you had to do that trap sign and lure it in there. It loses its spectre form inside it and you can kick the shit out of it easy. If its not a level issue, its the issue of applying the right tactics to the right kind of monster. Which I really like about this game.
That's why you actually read the beastiary before you go into "boss fights" - it tells you the weaknesses.
Especially useful when using oils.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 23, 2015, 03:59:03 pm »
That's why you actually read the beastiary before you go into "boss fights" - it tells you the weaknesses.
Especially useful when using oils.

There was one werewolf that kicked my ass, was no entry in bestiary. I just snuck past it then later on in the quest it was dead as part of cutscene, pretty sure game assumed I killed it  :lol:

Keira is real help in taht fight. Her spells do no damage, but they stagger enemies. Still that that regen is real douchebaggery. I had to resort to rolling after every strike, wait for her to stagger him, then hit him and occasionally throwing in igni, rinse and repeat.

personally not sure why I anyone would use any sign in combat other than quen. quen quen quen quen quen.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 04:08:26 pm by Banok »

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 23, 2015, 05:26:21 pm »
Keira did a ton of damage in my wild hunt battle. The guy had a full bar left and Keira one hit crit killed him.

Best bomb early game is dragon dream. Gas bomb so you lure enemies into it then set it on fire with igni, one hit kills most enemies and does a to. Of damage to bosses

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 23, 2015, 05:46:02 pm »

personally not sure why I anyone would use any sign in combat other than quen. quen quen quen quen quen.

Well its awwright as long as you dont get hit, right?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 23, 2015, 05:53:25 pm »
Yeah, that's the worst part about the Signs, also something that's not improved since TW2. Same thing there, no sense using anything but Quen.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #643 on: May 23, 2015, 06:14:52 pm »
You guys obviously havent tried aard on humanoids then. Knockdown for instakill?  8-)
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 23, 2015, 06:36:41 pm »
You guys obviously havent tried aard on humanoids then. Knockdown for instakill?  8-)

Igni on horseman is all one needs.

To be honest, fighting on horse seem to be pretty suckish. Geralt is nowhere near as flexible when mounted as on foot.