Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt  (Read 96650 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
« Reply #540 on: May 21, 2015, 04:21:43 pm »
Actually seems pretty decent so far, saw someone max out the difficulty and it looked like a good struggle. Might soon add this to my list of "play a couple of hours without finishing then never bothering to pick up again and instead go back to crpg"
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #541 on: May 21, 2015, 04:22:45 pm »
completely oblivious to the fact that most people have no incentive to use controller over M+KB whatsoever.

Incentive - sit back and relax 8-)

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 21, 2015, 04:27:03 pm »
+1
Why do you need 60 FPS for a single player RPG? I'm on 680 GTX and got everything on ultra + hairworks except for foliage distance.
What the actual fuck are you on about? What fucking INCENTIVE? Are you seriously on drugs?

Oops, you went into your raging ignorant retard phase, no possibility of explaining anything until you win some internet discussions and calm down.

Also, playng on pc under 60 fps is uncomfortable, I would expect you to know that.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #543 on: May 21, 2015, 04:58:11 pm »
Tbh never noticed a problem under 60 fps. Maybe I'm just used to it these days though as my computer is beginning to age.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 21, 2015, 04:59:18 pm »
Same. Im playing on medium in 40-50fps. Im happy. Very minimal discomfort. Does not freeze or lag or anything.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 21, 2015, 05:05:31 pm »
Same. Im playing on medium in 40-50fps. Im happy. Very minimal discomfort. Does not freeze or lag or anything.

Good for you. 50 fps is borderline for me.

But then again, I have invested around 900 bucks into my rig, so it is more like being mad it doesnt run like it should for that price.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 21, 2015, 05:28:17 pm »
+1
Is anyone else having trouble optimizing this game?  I have ok specs and I can run other games fine it's just that this keeps dipping below 60 fps on medium-low settings.
(click to show/hide)

Turn off NVIDIA Hairworks, switch all other options to High (if you were using Ultra), and turn off all the other visual settings in the other menu. The biggest framerate killers apart from NVIDIA Hairworks are Ambient Occlusion and Antialiasing.

Antialiasing used to consume a lot in games, but I don't know about this one. I run it on High, Hairworks off, SSAO, and every other option on except Chromatic Aberration and both Blur options with 60 fps all the time (with a GTX 970 and an FX-8350, which is worse than your i7).

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 21, 2015, 06:17:10 pm »
Might soon add this to my list of "play a couple of hours without finishing then never bothering to pick up again and instead go back to crpg"
lol you do that too  :P
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 21, 2015, 06:55:17 pm »
Xant - whats the fx7 settings you are on about - i'm a complete noob when it comes to graphical knowledge

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #550 on: May 21, 2015, 07:55:44 pm »
+1
Turn off NVIDIA Hairworks, switch all other options to High (if you were using Ultra), and turn off all the other visual settings in the other menu. The biggest framerate killers apart from NVIDIA Hairworks are Ambient Occlusion and Antialiasing.

Antialiasing used to consume a lot in games, but I don't know about this one. I run it on High, Hairworks off, SSAO, and every other option on except Chromatic Aberration and both Blur options with 60 fps all the time (with a GTX 970 and an FX-8350, which is worse than your i7).

I'll try turning off hairworks and SSAO.  Everything else is off or on medium/low.  Thank you.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #551 on: May 21, 2015, 10:57:54 pm »
+1
I regret not buying this retail. If only I knew it was 24 gigs.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 22, 2015, 04:07:03 am »
Xant - whats the fx7 settings you are on about - i'm a complete noob when it comes to graphical knowledge
Link on page 35, follow it and there's everything you need, install directions etc.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 22, 2015, 04:36:15 am »
+1
Link on page 35, follow it and there's everything you need, install directions etc.

Cheers fella

So today was the first day i've properly played it. Killed a shrieker, werewolf, some horse rides, some creepy as fuck botchling (well i buried the fucker) and now i'm on a witch hunt - all in all a pretty good time

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #554 on: May 22, 2015, 04:52:42 am »
+1
dunno if the graphics promo vs real gameplay discussion is still alive.. i just read it.

The promo material was obviously graded the heck out of in 2D post production similar to how film is graded, probably by a professional colorist. The lighting was perfected, and probably recorded frame by frame with everything way beyond "max".

To say the least.. To get that look straight out of the game, without taking extreme grading steps like BF4 that basically remove most color information is extremely difficult. You need immense testing and balancing of all weather, light, as well as every single texture in the game. Off the top of my head, a game world with rich color palette and changing lighting/weather that still looks good and natural, only GTA V has made it so far. And we all know how expensive that was..

It's just a mix of technical and workflow/quality control/manpower/time reasons that make it so hard to pull off.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.