Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt  (Read 96676 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
« Reply #435 on: May 18, 2015, 12:18:46 am »
+1
No, that's not it. What I'm saying is that it's silly to defend or criticize the exact same bullshit depending on who says it.
I like both Witcher games and I'm sure I will like this one too. I just don't get the "they are right no matter what" attitude.
That's not what I am doing tho. Well, maybe I sound like it but that is not on purpose.

Xant put it nicely: I trust CDP to deliver and none of the Witcher games were about the graphics. And tbh, everyone who bought Witcher 3 cuz of the graphics is an idiot imho. Witcher is story, atmosphere, character and world design. For me anyway and I dare say for 90% of the fans. All those points happen to be the things reviews have pointed out to be on a next level in Witcher 3. It's will be very likely an awesome game... overall.

The shit Ubisoft got... I didn't understand it either. Not till I started Watchdogs for the first time and it ran like shit no matter the settings.

Trailers are advertisement. Why on earth would anyone expect it to be 100% true? How naive. Grow up. That's why I can only shake my head in disbelief by the rage Darma displays and why I poke him. It's just silly.
Like I wrote before, I get certain upset. I don't get the rage. Especially from someone who seem to not even like the former games... Why even bother then?

Edit: I even wrote that I don't really like their changes to their color scheme. So, nope, they're not always right but yes, since I think they did always good on me until now, they have trust credit from me personally.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 12:22:14 am by Molly »
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #436 on: May 18, 2015, 12:30:03 am »
+1
So many things I don't understand in this thread......

...since when did people start referring to darmaster as Darma.....(always makes me look around for a Greg somewhere)......

...since when did Darma become so randomly retarded........with each post he makes I understand him less and less.......

...since when did Xant become so smart and tough.........

....since when did CMP become so involved.......

...since when do Molly and Xant agree on things.....even if it's only about a game that hasn't yet been released.....
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #437 on: May 18, 2015, 12:38:32 am »
+2
Trailers are advertisement. Why on earth would anyone expect it to be 100% true? How naive. Grow up. That's why I can only shake my head in disbelief by the rage Darma displays and why I poke him. It's just silly.

Yeah, but it's a bit more than that when their developer states that the game will look exactly like that or better. I'm not saying it looks bad (because it doesn't), just that I don't like how they handled it.

....since when did CMP become so involved.......

...since when did people start referring to cmp as CMP.....
yo

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #438 on: May 18, 2015, 01:50:36 am »
yo

...since you grew up in their eyes......
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #439 on: May 18, 2015, 01:53:26 am »
Smart ppl. will wait for mods and the enhanced edition - and not touch the game before that even.

Graphics look a lot worse in some parts...A LOT worse.

I just got my 4790 k, Gaming 5 Mobo, D-15 cooler and allrdy use the MSI 970 for a while.
I did actually upgrade only for this game...xD.
Guess this rig will laugh at the game at its current state.

Lets just hope that graphics and balance issues will be fixed in the next forseeable time.
Not buying it now, no way.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #440 on: May 18, 2015, 01:54:24 am »
yes xant is quite calm and reasonable, a bit too much, might have happened something IRL 

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 18, 2015, 09:42:51 am »
+1
Yeah, but it's a bit more than that when their developer states that the game will look exactly like that or better. I'm not saying it looks bad (because it doesn't), just that I don't like how they handled it.
[...]
Alright, then I simply misunderstood you. That is something else than most complains in here were about. Tho I might have misunderstood them too.
The way they handled it is different from complaining about the actual changes they made.
I have to admit that I don't really recall their PR talk when they annouced it. I was overwhelmed by the the sheer beauty back then, same as everyone else. And yes, I do not think that the current footage they release looks as stunning as back then. But maybe because I didn't pay attention to them back then is the reason why I am nonetheless pretty relaxed concerning the whole downgrade-issue. And their statement about it ("No downgrade, upgrade along a different path with different more complex systems now in place... blabla") satisfied me and seemed at least partly honest. They even outright admitted that consoles and their lower performance combined with lack of manpower/money is at fault. You'll never hear that from Ubi nor EA...

And once more: I do get the upset, be it for that questionable statement and their way handling it or the simply fact of "different" looks. I still don't think that they deserve the same tone as Ubisoft or EA. They still are at least the "lesser Evil".

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 18, 2015, 11:27:38 am »
+1
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:35:12 am by Molly »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 18, 2015, 11:32:03 am »
+1
yo

since when was cmpxchg8b catered to casuals, lost half of his functions and renamed to cmp

As for Witcher 3, does the story continue on from Witcher 2? I somewhat recall Witcher 2 left quite an open ending.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:48:29 am by Vibe »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #444 on: May 18, 2015, 01:13:07 pm »
Smart ppl. will wait for mods and the enhanced edition - and not touch the game before that even.

I'm itching to play it but this is what I'll do. Definitely going to wait for the enhanced addition. Should be able to pick it up cheap at some point by then as well.

Regarding complaints about graphics. The Witcher series has never been about graphics for me so I couldn't care less. It could look exactly the same level as Witcher 2 and I'd be happy. It's the story, atmosphere and characters that are interesting about the series.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 18, 2015, 01:15:50 pm »
+1
Paid 44€ directly on Steam. I'm good with that...

Edit: I'd like to ask everyone to test Nvidias Hairworks once and post their results in here :D It's supposingly the absolute performance killer. Curious if anyone can actually run it successfully :wink:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 01:40:02 pm by Molly »

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 18, 2015, 01:43:55 pm »
No, that's not it. What I'm saying is that it's silly to defend or criticize the exact same bullshit depending on who says it.
I like both Witcher games and I'm sure I will like this one too. I just don't get the "they are right no matter what" attitude.

Nobody here had that attitude. We all acknowledged that they kinda screwed up. But than Darma here went straight up over the top with comparing it to Ubisoft or EA or even one of those companies that kills baby seals. I mean common, the flaws we are talking about this unreleased game, that noone here has even played yet is definately not enough to crucify these guys. Thats just not fair.

Offline darmaster

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 18, 2015, 02:35:55 pm »
i've never asked to crucify this guys at all, i'm actually on their side i've always stated that, i just don't like the fact that it seemed almost too hard accepting there was indeed a downgrade, like "ye let's wait for the final release" "let's wait for the day 1 patch" when clearly there is; i always stated it's not a big deal for me, what i don't like it's their fanboys attitude, that's all. and i brought the example of double standards with ubisoft that recently fucked up the same (tho they delayed only once p: ), while actually having been in the spot for quite longer than cdpr and having made quite few more games. i admit i've been carried out a bit but seriously i hate hypocrisy (i'm not referring to anyone here but having visited some other forums i've read few things that made me go nuts)

To be honest I dont see what all the fuzz is about. Its a bit false advetisement sure, but they are selling a game, not a painting. Aslong as they delivered everything they promised on gameplay, theres nothing legit to rage over. Mybe slight disgruntlement, which is understandable, but nothing major.

"Played over 200 hours and had fun, but the lighting and the textures on the buildings roofs were off, so 1/10" - Some dork  with bad hygiene on Steam

this is unfair to me, because if anyone else did it they would have been crushed. and it's not a bit false, it's false advertisement full stop. now say what you want about others having done the same, true, but still they did it and they deserve the same reaction as you'd give to others, from me it's a "i don't care and i understand why they did it"

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 18, 2015, 03:01:40 pm »
+3
Its really not hypocrocy or double standards. Ubisoft and EA deserve to be bashed. They have been in this buisness for a long time and have fuckton of money, employees and connections to not fuck up and make things properly, but they keep fucking up constantly multiple times. Not to mention their lies and hypetrailers are shittons greater. CDpro guys lied once and due to the sudden shift in console hardware, which was out of their hands(according to them anyway, who knows really).

Its kinda like you can forgive your friend who fucked up like once, but overall you still consider him reliable, but you cant forgive your other friend who did the same fuck up and fucks up constantly and is a screw-up in general. Thats not double standards. Thats building and losing general trust. EA and Ubi have done enough to lose it completely for everybody. These guys have not yet, but eventually they might.

Offline darmaster

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 18, 2015, 03:22:37 pm »
get your point, i just expect almost everyone to fall for the lust of $$ so i won't get mad for anyone that does that weather it's ubisoft or cdpr