Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt  (Read 96693 times)

Offline Thaloc

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
« Reply #405 on: May 17, 2015, 01:00:51 am »
Who the hell cares about graphics anyway? Graphics doesn't make the game. Looks great to me, but then again I'm not a graphic whore.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #406 on: May 17, 2015, 01:02:34 am »
What the fuck is that??? :(

Lol actually yes theffuck is that thing? It's ridiculous the difference lol "gnegnegne I don't get where all the fuzz comes from"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 17, 2015, 02:13:02 am »
Except that's not how it looks.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #408 on: May 17, 2015, 07:31:14 am »
Nah, Darma is obviously already playing and knows...

Never said that I don't get a certain amount of being "upset" but the shit they get is ridiculous.
Not to mention that every single test I've read, they all say it's one of the best RPGs ever made. So, there is that...
I'll do as Xant and actually form my own opinion on how it looks when I actually play it instead of getting sand in my pussy.

Edit: I do not agree about the change in colors tho. I've read that they changed the color scheme for the NA market. They like their games more "vibrant", it seems.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 17, 2015, 11:50:36 am »
+2
What I've never understood is why they need to complain even if the game looks awesome.
Some people have beastly rigs and were enormously excited to see top notch graphics in such a large open world game in footage from two years ago. I myself was rather stunned by it. I don't see how you have to wait for release to conclude that the game looks significantly crappier. They have a clear incentive to make official gameplay videos look as good as they can, and even from those the downgrade is crystal clear. What reason do you have to assume that official pre-release videos look worse than the game?

If you paid a lot of money to be able to experience the best graphics the industry has to offer, why wouldn't you complain if a game that got marketed as a stunning game turns out to have console graphics after all? It is a case of false marketing, happens all the time, but it is very easy to understand for me that it is upsetting for certain people. That said, I was sure as hell that my crappy rig would not be able to run the game at all, but now I got hope.

Offline darmaster

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 17, 2015, 12:11:34 pm »
Wut? When did I specifically say you said that? Guys maybe you didn't realize I'm being bitter towards those that always defend cdpr no matter what, that are unbelievably indulgent (despite reasons to not be had already been given) just because they decided this will be the rpg game (which is not lol it never was) and hyped non-stop, I have nothing against anyone here, at least noone gave me any reason to (tho someone is trying really hard  :rolleyes: ) nor against cd pr; I'm waiting for this game too, im just not as blind as many hypocrites out there. Now people acting as even the trailer is "the greatest thing ever happened"  come on that's just embarassing, it's a nice trailer but the ridiculous reaction to it it's a perfect index of how people are just too biased, and how the kurwas succeded on promoting its work (with some few questionable methods (downgrade , delays to "give players a better experience" (I always thought they delayed to give games shittier graphics than what they looked like LOL, etc)).
now before molly starts saying anything I again never said the game is shit (I never judged the game yet except for its graphics) and AC 2 trailer is billion of times better than this

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 17, 2015, 12:31:05 pm »
+1
just because they decided this will be the rpg game (which is not lol it never was)

lol, what?

delays to "give players a better experience"

Well, that's the one thing I don't understand. You'd rather have bugged game at release date than more polished game few months later?

While I'm not a fanboy of CDPRed, I think your accusations are exaggerated. For me it's clear and understandable why they did what they did and I think they're still one of the most gamers-friendly company in the gaming industry.

Offline darmaster

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 17, 2015, 12:45:29 pm »
Le wat? What's you didn't get from the first post? they're all hyped = they're not judging things objectively maybe this is moreunderstandable.

Lol again who doesn't delay to give better experience? And this is where the problem is, the delay is almost seen as a good thing when cdpr does it, when ubisoft did it (once) everyone lost their mind. I don't like this yardstick, it's completely fucked up, as much as saying gamers friendly randomly, with many reasons to say the contrary

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 17, 2015, 12:56:30 pm »
Le wat? What's you didn't get from the first post?

Let me quote myself.

just because they decided this will be the rpg game (which is not lol it never was)

lol, what?

Offline darmaster

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 17, 2015, 01:02:08 pm »
hmm maybe you didn't get the use of the definite article, if you put "ultimate" or "definitive" infront of rpg would you understand it? People sponsored it as one of (if not THE) best rpg game (despite having seen only 2 ganeplay videos)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 17, 2015, 01:49:05 pm »
If you paid a lot of money to be able to experience the best graphics the industry has to offer, why wouldn't you complain if a game that got marketed as a stunning game turns out to have console graphics after all? It is a case of false marketing, happens all the time, but it is very easy to understand for me that it is upsetting for certain people. That said, I was sure as hell that my crappy rig would not be able to run the game at all, but now I got hope.

Quite often the best high-end graphicscards themselves are always much better than all the games during their release and you have to wait a couple of years to use their full potential anyway. I think the game demanding a higher minimum that was promised is a lot worse than a lowered maximum. Cause despite the cries of some spergs with a lot of money to afford computerrigs from space acing to put them on trial of fire, most people, like yourself are gunning for the minimum. So yeah, not much harm done there.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 01:52:13 pm by Tibe »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 17, 2015, 03:11:42 pm »
+3
Quite often the best high-end graphicscards themselves are always much better than all the games during their release and you have to wait a couple of years to use their full potential anyway. I think the game demanding a higher minimum that was promised is a lot worse than a lowered maximum. Cause despite the cries of some spergs with a lot of money to afford computerrigs from space acing to put them on trial of fire, most people, like yourself are gunning for the minimum. So yeah, not much harm done there.

Lol what. Since when is the option to increase the level of detail a bad thing? Since when is it normal to falsely advertise graphics? Ubisoft did it for Watchdogs and everybody is still at their throats for no more, no less than that.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 17, 2015, 03:34:01 pm »
Not really. Everybody was on their throats cause they hyped the shit out of Watchdogs and the game was quite a bore in general. The worse than promised graphics was just the tip of the iceberg.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #418 on: May 17, 2015, 03:59:55 pm »
Ubisoft did it for Watchdogs and everybody is still at their throats for no more, no less than that.

How dare you compare a champion of the PC Master Race like CDPR with console loving Ubisoft???

Offline darmaster

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 17, 2015, 04:05:09 pm »
excuse me? i think watch dogs was much more innovative than games like halo, bioshock infinite and other well praised video games; it was crude but quite few feature were nice and nicely implemented, especially the chasings. attacking ubisoft it's just the current trend, and tho it is justfied maybe applying this to the others who deserves aswell would be more fair.

they want this to get removed because it's showing an unfinished product (LOL unlike they did), they're waiting for day 1 patch (that usually just evil SH do but in this case it's justified because it's made to give a better experience (no shit?))

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 04:18:14 pm by darmaster »