Strategus > Strategus General Discussion

Strategus rules

<< < (2/6) > >>

Canary:

--- Quote from: CrazyCracka420 on January 23, 2013, 06:31:43 pm ---
Oh snap!  Now I don't have to try and be covert when I ride up to the castle with a ladder!   :twisted:

--- End quote ---

I believe that rule refers to cavalry being able to ride up ladders on their horse, not being able to carry them in their hands while on horseback. Ladders have the tag "cannot be used on horseback" for a reason, and therefore I would say doing so is an exploit.

CrazyCracka420:
Well I wouldn't be throwing them on horseback, aka "using" them /sarcasm.

If I misinterpreted the rules (and it is as you say) then I completely was cheating in the occitan vs new rindyar castle...as I was riding back and forth from the battle dropping off ladders for the front lines (kept resupplying at the weapons rack).  We got wrecked in that battle anyways, but if it wasn't for all the ladders i was bringing it would have been even worse.

I'll refrain from doing that in the future as your explanation would make more sense than what I interpreted as...but it would be nice to have it clarified for sure...

And my apologies for cheating, that was never my intention (I honestly thought the rule was changed).

Haboe:

--- Quote from: Canary on January 31, 2013, 06:00:40 am ---I believe that rule refers to cavalry being able to ride up ladders on their horse, not being able to carry them in their hands while on horseback. Ladders have the tag "cannot be used on horseback" for a reason, and therefore I would say doing so is an exploit.

--- End quote ---

This.

They can use them, not place them if game mechanics don't allow it :)

CrazyCracka420:

--- Quote from: Haboe on January 31, 2013, 06:40:26 pm ---This.

They can use them, not place them if game mechanics don't allow it :)

--- End quote ---

That still didn't clarify...you can "use" them from horseback as in you can have them sheathed, but can't pull them out.  Same with shields or weapons that are not useable from horseback, you can still ride a horse with them, they become sheathed and you can't pull them out til you get off the horse.

I'm going to stick with it's illegal to have items that are designated "not useable on horseback" on your body while you are on horseback...unless someone tells me otherwise.

Lt_Anders:
Perhaps a clarification on that rule? He does make a point in terms of Not usuable on horseback and not actually using them for quite a few items. Round sheild, awlpike, greatswords to name a few.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version