Author Topic: Version 0.201 Released  (Read 30140 times)

Offline _JoG_

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swordsman for hire
  • Game nicks: Givi
Re: Version 0.201 Released
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2011, 11:36:15 pm »
Patch is just about perfect, awesome work chadz and team. Looking forward to seeing the top tier slowly phasing out, and the people that actually spend wisely, use medium gear THEN show up in their full plate will be feared and respected, rather than just another one in the tincan majority. Remember when the first plate showed up in crpg version w/e? Terrifying, and a blast to play with. Hope that feeling comes back.
Unfortunately, it looks like with current (v.0.201) system you can afford a full set of black armor while even gaining some small amount of money.

Offline Aesir

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2011, 11:50:25 pm »
Hi, first, thanks chadz for ur great MoD the best game i ever played !

I get an idea for bow and HA :
decrease agility needed for HA (3 for 1 instead of 6 for 1) then let cut damage for Horse bow and make pierce damage for foot archer (warbow and longbow)

we can have great HA but not imba (cause cut damage)
and footarcher still better :)

Offline Zaleck

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • The Darkness is coming
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Company
  • Game nicks: Zaleck_BlackCompany, Fallen_Zaleck,Fallen_BloodSeeker_Xaleck
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2011, 11:54:32 pm »
Hey At first I was Liking the patch .201 now its just seem like i can get any more gear and all my gold is going towards the repair. Who ever thought about doing Upkeep cost should die outright. I f that was u chadz Sorry for the commet but thast how i feel bro. I like everthing but these two things the upkeep idea and the archery from perice to cut what the fuck. But I like everthing else. If those two things where taken away this would be a badass Mod. Still gotta give some love for ur hard work. I was also woundering how i can help of paying a servers i am tired of playing in Eu servers where their is a ban or ka kick poll every 2 secs. This mod was badass 2 patches ago.
JRLII

Offline Silv

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silvarren, Silvyn
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2011, 12:07:58 am »
The .201 patch is pretty good. It's true that I still like the old system and had a blast with the way things were with XP/Gold/Gear (as a light skirmisher) but this is something I could get used to if the developers are dead set on having some form of upkeep in non-Strategus battles.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2011, 02:09:15 am »
+1
v201 changed things for the better, that for sure.

The last few hours, we were about 15 Pecores playing together in one team on EU4_BT1. We were all having a blast, as all battles were tactical. Soon our teammates joined us and followed our flag. I think everyone was having great fun. The autobalance taking banners into account is IMO the best thing that has come with 0.2 . Most of the time, clans were placed in opposite teams, so we can enjoy fighting each other on cRPG and not only on Strategus.

A few problems :

- the reach of the bec seems bugged like 1h swords.
- no upkeep for horses ?
- it seems some people (including me) are suffering from a new lag problem. And it looks like it's client side, FPS are dropping.

Unfortunately, it looks like with current (v.0.201) system you can afford a full set of black armor while even gaining some small amount of money.

Lol ? Were not playing the same game.

Offline Furax

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2011, 02:11:02 am »
Oh theres upkeep for horses, just had to pay for mine 4 times in a row even though we won 3 of them=/ but atleast its not unmanagable like before :D

Offline Pelagius

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • total and utter simpleton
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Pelagius
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2011, 02:11:58 am »
Lol  :lol:

This myth is really unkillable. Pike beating horsemen. Really.  :rolleyes:

Why not? Just look at the size of that thing.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fallen_Cravitz

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2011, 02:49:09 am »
Can someone tell me why I crash everytime I join a game, the second i pick my team?...
If WW2 was an RTS

Offline McCart

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2011, 03:03:46 am »
i like the changes..
but chadz , wheres the kilt to go with the claymore?   :?  :mrgreen:

Offline Nimra

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2011, 03:15:13 am »
Hey all. I just installed the patch to my modules folder and log into the EU server (come back NA, we miss you).  :cry: That did not seem to take since it is still giving me the your versions is out of date message when I log into the server. Where should the small patch be zipped to (Keep it clean!).

Offline Gorn

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodoks
  • Game nicks: Victoria_Gorn, Ser_Cecile_Gorn, Undine
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2011, 03:51:35 am »
Easy fix for that, make is so that if a person kills someone that round they don't have to pay maintenance even if their team loses.  That way people will be encouraged to wear their good stuff even when on a losing team as they will want to make kills and avoid maintenance.  This will also act as a reward for skill.

Good idea IMO. The problem with this new system is that you don't really care if you die or if you do horribly badly. Before you really strove for getting that money, now it's just rolling in if you happen to end up on the winning team (of course SOMEONE has to do good, but it doesn't have to be you). I think this is a HUGE problem with the new version, because it really takes the excitement out of the mod, meaning you don't get that much desired adrenaline kick while parrying some full plated asshole.

I would suggest also that if you survive a round you don't get broken items. That way people would be a bit more afraid of dying, which, if realism is what you want, is very good. (It's also good for enhancing the excitement of fights....)

Offline Mr Potato

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2011, 10:40:56 am »
Can someone tell me why I crash everytime I join a game, the second i pick my team?...

Hiya, I was having the same problem, and I found out that it was because i wasn't installing the new patches properly. Make sure that you install the new patches properly and it should work. :)

If you use Window 7 make sure to click on "copy and replace"(I think that is whay is called) when pasting the new files on your CRPG folder.

And btw, nice update, I now enjoy more archering and similarly to others i prefer pierce damage but so far so good. And thanks also for reducing the cost.. Been playing this mod for 2 weeks using good weaps (bows, arrows) but low armor and it was almost imposible to maintain :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 10:46:31 am by Mr Potato »

Offline Legio_Matteo_Valente_IV

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2011, 10:50:31 am »
I lost 30k in 1 hour because of repairing my horse, every round i had to repair it...
The new system is better than the first, but for "unlucky" people is drammatic :S
(Or it is a bug?)

Offline Legio_DanyEle_da_Trento

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2011, 11:14:38 am »
I lost 30k in 1 hour because of repairing my horse, every round i had to repair it...
The new system is better than the first, but for "unlucky" people is drammatic :S
(Or it is a bug?)

be se sei sfigato, non ci possiamo fare niente XD. However it should be random( 3- 4 % to broke an item from what i understood)
and yesterday i wasted about 20-30k repairing my freaking milanese plate and transitional armor. This patch looks great, only 2k to repair milanese plate and 970 gold for transitional armor  :rolleyes:

Offline Geranigus

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Internal Affairs)
  • Game nicks: (Guard) Geranigus, WMD
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2011, 11:28:49 am »
4% chance =) ?
i have 100% i guess (played 1 hour), each round 4 items break or am I just unlucky ?
in that 1 hour i managed to gain 400 gold (5K went to repairing costs while i have very light armor (max 200 gold per item)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 11:32:41 am by Geranigus »

God bless thee; and put meekness in thy mind, love, charity, obedience, and true duty!