Author Topic: Items vanishing in-game despite still owning on website  (Read 623 times)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Items vanishing in-game despite still owning on website
« on: December 12, 2012, 07:51:21 am »
I've recently had a few items become unusable in game, though I still retain ownership of them on the website. If it matters, this happened with Leather Gloves, Pelt coat, Rus Shoes. My repairs are set to auto, and I don't believe I own enough stuff to have things disappear. Selling the items on the website and then repurchasing them makes them available again, it seems. Still, bears reporting. Anyone else experience this?
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
Re: Items vanishing in-game despite still owning on website
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 08:03:36 am »
every time or sometimes?

Offline Malaclypse

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 11:51:30 am »
As far as I can tell this happened once, to three different items. Sold them on the website and re-bought them, fixed the issue (the new copies all show up in game so far). If it's repeatable, I don't know how to go about doing it.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 04:56:47 pm »
Did you try setting them as your default loadout?

Offline Malaclypse

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 06:54:29 pm »
Did you try setting them as your default loadout?

I haven't, though even if that does make them re-appear the issue of them disappearing from selection in the first place is still there. Not sure how I can help figure out why it happens. I thought it might be due to my inventory size- I have a pretty good variety of stuff to choose from, but I also know I have way less than Saul haha.

Happened with another item tonight, Woolen Hood, had to sell it and buy a new one to get it to show up in game, rejoining the server also does nothing. Not playing on WSE2 usually if that matters.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 12:34:36 pm »
+1
Do you have many (100+) items in your inventory?

That's probably the reason. Easiest way to solve it is to sell some stuff you don't use.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Malaclypse

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 04:03:12 pm »
Do you have many (100+) items in your inventory?

That's probably the reason. Easiest way to solve it is to sell some stuff you don't use.

I have exactly 100 items now that I count, actually, but I use all of them some of the time. I like variety, and like I said I know for a fact that I have many less items than Saul. What's the maximum number I should aim for, if that's the case, and why? Why would I be affected by this in-game disappearing act while some people with more items than me are not? I'm more interested in actually finding out where this begins. What causes this to happen?

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 04:14:59 pm »
+1
I have exactly 100 items now that I count, actually, but I use all of them some of the time. I like variety, and like I said I know for a fact that I have many less items than Saul. What's the maximum number I should aim for, if that's the case, and why? Why would I be affected by this in-game disappearing act while some people with more items than me are not? I'm more interested in actually finding out where this begins. What causes this to happen?

I think it may depend on how many items you have in each item slot. So while saul has more items, some of them are 2hers and throwing whipe yours are (in guessing) mostly poles 1hers and clothes.

Instead of selling them, you can clog up the chaos armory with your +0s or trabsfer them to an alt, then trade them back when you want to use them.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 04:55:18 pm »
I really don't know. I am the same as you, wanting to use different weapons alot of the time. I solved it by making an alt which I basically use as item storage. The gens I am not 2h I give him my 2handers, the ones I don't use riding I give him the horses etc. I also looked at each individual item and asking myself: "do I REALLY need this item?"
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia