Beta > WSE2 Beta

How to disable 'load textures on demand' in the beta client

(1/1)

Xol!:
1) go to Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\
2) open crpg_beta_config.ini with notepad
3) change bOnDemandTextures=true to bOnDemandTextures=false
4) save

Courtesy of cmp, fixed my round-start and player-spawn stutter issues.

Dooz:
Oh nice, sure fixed that. I'm curious what the function is though and what else it affects, any potential adverse effects?

cmp:
Adverse effect (by turning it off) is greatly increased memory/video memory usage.

Blackzilla:

--- Quote from: cmpxchg8b on December 03, 2012, 03:18:38 am ---Adverse effect (by turning it off) is greatly increased memory/video memory usage.

--- End quote ---
Now is that bad for your pc???

Ramza:

--- Quote from: DoD_Blackzilla on December 03, 2012, 03:30:37 am ---Now is that bad for your pc???

--- End quote ---

If you have enough video RAM, no. Turning ON Load Textures on Demand will make your graphics card load up the textures the moment it appears in the game, which may cause framerate hiccups on lower end graphics cards, but lowers total video ram usage. Turning it OFF will make the loading time at M&B startup longer and your card stores all the textures as long as the game is running, but you'll have a smoother experience in-game. I'd say at least 512 MB DDR3 RAM on your graphics card is enough to store the textures and be able to turn Textures on Demand OFF and have a good gameplay experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version