Other Games > Guild Wars

Guild Wars 2 introduces gear progression

<< < (3/5) > >>

IR_Kuoin:
Wait, so they are adding better / superior gear with better stats in PvP? Or ... ?

Vibe:

--- Quote from: IR_Kuoin on November 14, 2012, 10:16:23 am ---Wait, so they are adding better / superior gear with better stats in PvP? Or ... ?

--- End quote ---

sPvP is unaffected afaik. WvW is though, because it is using PvE gear (pve gear is getting progression).

IR_Kuoin:

--- Quote from: Vibe on November 14, 2012, 10:19:38 am ---sPvP is unaffected afaik. WvW is though, because it is using PvE gear (pve gear is getting progression).

--- End quote ---

Ah okay, never been a fan of WvW anyway, I find it boring. Mainly because of the battles feels like you are just spamming your attacks switching targets with tab as you go by hoping to get that last kill. PvP is more 1 v 1 / 2 v 2. Think I'll give WvW a new chance when I start playing again, only did 2 matches so far, where I quit after 20 min :P

Miley:
Eh, I don't care if I get max armor and come back 6 months later and there is some better armor. I find that armor barely even matters in this game... sure a few more points of armor, but I won't even notice it. Same with conditions and stuff... there's so much HP and all that that you don't even need to worry about conditions, and they also last so little time. The Guild Wars 1 way was better, but that's off topic but it kind of goes to my response to:

--- Quote from: Vibe on November 14, 2012, 07:39:01 am ---"In before the holy trinity is added" is a phrase which means that you're kind of excepting them to add holy trinity to the game soon as well.

--- End quote ---

If this is true... then good, because hopefully the game will get a lot more fun.

Kafein:
You can say GW2 has no holy trinity, but more importantly it lacks an actual group cooperation system. There are no mutually complementary classes. I'd even go as far as saying that all classes are more or less the same, the only difference being that some are stronger than others. They all are a dps-heal-tank monster individually so actually the holy trinity is not gone, it is everywhere. Very few skills are actually original (i.e. not working with numbers but with effects that have a radically different impact). It's the same "hit", "hit harder", "hit in a zone", "hit and do damage over time"... all the time.

Besides, what is wrong with a Tank - DPS - Heal structure ? It makes fighting in groups more challenging than just "spam all your attacks like you did when you were alone". This archertype has been proven to work and is much, much older than any MMO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version