Author Topic: Remove Chambering  (Read 9423 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Remove Chambering
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2014, 02:53:18 pm »
While I think that removing chamberblocking is a stupid idea, I think Corsair's concern about random chamberblocks is valid.

The mod is balanced around the fact that survivability is much higher than in Native hence the existence of some bullshit stuff is forgiven because it is rare and thus rarely kills people. However it doesn't make the bullshit any smaller or a fix less important. I'm talking in general, not on the specific issue of random chamberblocks here.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2014, 03:00:43 pm »
No, you get chambered a lot because you try to spam Corsair, stop trying to spam multiple attacks at people, and wait your fucking turn, and you wont get killed so much by chambers. /thread
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2014, 03:03:42 pm »
There is no difference in lucky and intended chambers for you, If someone chamber you intentionally or not and you fail to it just gets better.
And how lucky chambers can be a thing???
We all can agree that Crpg is heavily skill centred game.... right?
There is multiple options to avoid chambers.

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2014, 03:04:38 pm »
+1
At least find a way to remove lucky chambers :D
Thats a request for TW.

There is no difference in lucky and intended chambers for you, If someone chamber you intentionally or not and you fail to it just gets better.
This. Both intended and unintended will be perceived the same.

I understand the frustration when you think someone's chamber block was an accident. That grants absolutely no reason to actually remove what is for a lot of players, an extremely enjoyable gameplay mechanic, though.

This request is ridiculous because it's so much more (technically speaking) difficult to fix. I'm not really certain how you could even go about addressing this, assuming you were able to change as much hardcoded stuff as you wanted. You'd have to completely change the why chambers work to begin with. As for any new ways to possibly implement chambers, it's equally as likely that they'd come with just as much "baggage" as the current system.

chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2014, 03:06:01 pm »
No, you get chambered a lot because you try to spam Corsair, stop trying to spam multiple attacks at people, and wait your fucking turn, and you wont get killed so much by chambers. /thread

i get chambered precisely because i don't spam. people who spam me often get lucky and chamber (people who are absolutely terrible and you can't imagine they even know how to chamber). i almost never chamber through luck, because i rarely ever spam.

the problem with when people chamber through luck is a lot of the time it's a lot quicker than when people chamber through skill, and often is impossible to predict, thus they get a free hit from doing so.

to clarify, i'm saying remove luck chambers not skill chambers .. go go devs, figure out how to do this :D
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2014, 03:08:27 pm »
Thats a request for TW.
This. Both intended and unintended will be perceived the same.

I understand the frustration when you think someone's chamber block was an accident. That grants absolutely no reason to actually remove what is for a lot of players, an extremely enjoyable gameplay mechanic, though.

This request is ridiculous because it's so much more (technically speaking) difficult to fix. I'm not really certain how you could even go about addressing this, assuming you were able to change as much hardcoded stuff as you wanted. You'd have to completely change the why chambers work to begin with. As for any new ways to possibly implement chambers, it's equally as likely that they'd come with just as much "baggage" as the current system.

put in a button which makes people walk/move slower when they press it. you have to be pressing this button to chamber.
this means those guys who are running around spamming relying on armour glance/animation glitch/luck chamber will be less inclined to press it because they need to move fast for their nabspam, whilst people who are actually trying to chamber on purpose will be more inclined to stand still during their chamber (i know i almost always stand still, or at least move very slow, when i'm chambering :))))

problem solve! :D

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2014, 03:09:47 pm »
As for any new ways to possibly implement chambers, it's equally as likely that they'd come with just as much "baggage" as the current system.
Your example seems to prove this point.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2014, 03:36:53 pm »
+3
edit: seriously now
If you find yourself fail to chambers you are just shit player, After so long time you should be able to block them.
Lol, stop kidding yourself Bobby. Chambers work very often outside of duels, and I strongly doubt that you block all of them, or even most. There are many weapons and animation chamber combinations that are nearly instant when angled, and they work even on the best players.

There should be a test in which you have to chamber a bot 10/10 before chamber functionality gets enabled ingame. This would at least remove the chambers by spamming bardiche scrubs who can barely block. Otherwise you could implement something in the control scheme that you have to press to activate chambering, but that would probably create a host of other issues.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2014, 03:40:06 pm »
Lol, stop kidding yourself Bobby. Chambers work very often outside of duels, and I strongly doubt that you block all of them, or even most. There are many weapons and animation chamber combinations that are nearly instant when angled, and they work even on the best players.

There should be a test in which you have to chamber a bot 10/10 before chamber functionality gets enabled ingame. This would at least remove the chambers by spamming bardiche scrubs who can barely block. Otherwise you could implement something in the control scheme that you have to press to activate chambering, but that would probably create a host of other issues.

this ^

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2014, 04:52:50 pm »
Elaborate troll thread.

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2014, 05:33:15 pm »
Actually, there is a crystal clear difference between chamberblocking intentionally and getting lucky chambers. The difference is that the latter results from spamming attacks haphazardly hoping to either double hit or chamberblock while the former happens as a deliberate and timed use of the attack animation instead of blocking, in a controlled environment. Some situations make it barely possible to chamberblock something deliberately, such as your enemy feinting or holding. That said, lucky chambers are very rare. It takes a lack of skill and a large amount of potato-based alcohol and vowels in your native language to intentionally run around liberally swinging bardiches in a full suit of heavy armor, hoping to get lucky chambers. The heavy armor, high damage weapon and lack of skill are required in order to make the risk/reward trade-off of hoping for lucky chambers while spamming actually worthwhile.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2014, 06:51:18 pm »
+2
I am fairly certain lucky chambers are like 300% more common than intentional chambers outside of duel, especially on siege, which makes the accidental use more relevant than the intentional use. Piking is a good source of lucky chambers as well as people continously start stabs and overheads in group engagements. I probably average more than one per round and I know they aren't intentional because I am not in their striking reach, so there is no motive to chamber instead of block.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2014, 08:52:33 am »
rly guise, I'm seriaous
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2014, 09:03:34 am »
successful troll is successful.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2017, 09:55:18 pm »
+1
Just to revive this one, I think they should remove chambers from EU1, there are too many occasions where people get random lucky chambers