Author Topic: About this multi account business....  (Read 3589 times)

Offline Crob28

• Count
  • Renown: 247
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
About this multi account business....
« on: November 04, 2012, 05:22:08 pm »
+8
God help me for starting this topic  :?

First off, I'm not trying to start a troll/flame/whine/whatever topic so please don't comment here if you want to say something along those lines.  I just want to make one point/ask a question, that's all.

Let me repeat something I said in another topic :

I believe that the frustration comes from the belief that banning the players who have multiaccounted is not enough.

By which I mean this, the factions that most of this thread talks about are perceived to have abused the multiaccount system on a clan-wide scale, meaning that it was not the actions of one or two players, but that the leadership knew and approved of, even planned, these practices.

This leads to the line of thinking that while banning accounts is of course a good thing, it also does not solve anything as the players banned have already shown that they are more than happy to simply get another one.

So the players banned will come back with new accounts, everything on strategus has been salvaged by their clans, which means that despite their cheating and being caught, they have in fact, lost nothing.

Building on this, it is fair to say multi accounting is a purely strategus cheat, it confers no benefits at all within crpg, but used in strat it can give a big advantage in terms of troops/gear/gold/fiefs.  Now whilst I understand that action has been taken and I am glad to see it, as I have said before, the clans who the cheaters belonged to are no worse off in terms of troops/gear/gold/fiefs than there we before this banwave occurred.

So what I am asking, is will there be/should there be, a STRATEGUS related punishment for a STRATEGUS related cheat.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: About this multi account business....
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 05:24:46 pm »
God help me for starting this topic  :?

First off, I'm not trying to start a troll/flame/whine/whatever topic so please don't comment here if you want to say something along those lines.

*turns his view to the left and checks Crob's avatar........"

Your point is invalid.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 05:35:28 pm »
+8
I remember a certain village that got attacked by flying carpets long long ago...

This situation calls for a repeat?

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 05:41:16 pm »
+1
The strategus related punishment is the immediate loss of all tickets/gold/troops they have on their multiple accounts? In addition, they are also losing a lot of players/keys .'. real life money.

Don't get me wrong, I understand and agree with your point here. I think more should be done, but to answer your question I believe that is a pretty hard punishment in itself- I imagine being permanently banned sucks yo.

What else did you have in mind?

Offline Crob28

• Count
  • Renown: 247
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 05:48:13 pm »
The strategus related punishment is the immediate loss of all tickets/gold/troops they have on their multiple accounts? In addition, they are also losing a lot of players/keys .'. real life money.

Don't get me wrong, I understand and agree with your point here. I think more should be done, but to answer your question I believe that is a pretty hard punishment in itself- I imagine being permanently banned sucks yo.

What else did you have in mind?

Well as far as I'm aware at the moment steps are being taken to recover everything lost, by attacking the banned players, so the "loss" lasts for a day or two while a takeover happens and so is minimal at best.  Though yea gold held by the player is gone, as is the money for the cd-key.

And hell yea, losing my character would suck balls, but assuming that the banned players get new keys, the clans will still have them in strat, and the loss of the actual character becomes a crpg issue, imho.

Nothing specific in mind though, I just wanted to raise the issue without getting sidetracked by other considerations.

Offline autobus

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 598
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bartering Brigade "Black Tea"
  • Game nicks: Autobus, Shushu, Samodur
  • IRC nick: Autobus
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 06:41:33 pm »
Well as far as I'm aware at the moment steps are being taken to recover everything lost, by attacking the banned players, so the "loss" lasts for a day or two while a takeover happens and so is minimal at best.
Banned player disappears from strat.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 07:04:07 pm »
(click to show/hide)

:rolleyes:

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 224
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Gingerpussy
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 07:30:01 pm »
+2
I say a total wipe in Strat for all.

Fair for all. For those who cheat, for those that are falsely called a cheater. For those ppl caring of strategus.

A wipe of all gold all items and fiefs reset down to minimum and all points in fiefs back. owners who hold them now to still hold them.

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 08:27:33 pm »
The strategus related punishment is the immediate loss of all tickets/gold/troops they have on their multiple accounts?

Thats the point, they keep all gear. As well as all the tickets and gold they have in the fiefs of banned owners.

I heard a brilliant idea a little while ago:

Take the % of players in each faction that cheated, and sentence that % of their fiefs to the carpet.
So if faction X has 20% of their members banned due to multiaccounting, 20% of their fiefs (randomly selected) gets a carpet-wipe.

Offline autobus

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 598
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bartering Brigade "Black Tea"
  • Game nicks: Autobus, Shushu, Samodur
  • IRC nick: Autobus
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 01:25:23 am »
+2
I heard a brilliant idea a little while ago:

Take the % of players in each faction that cheated, and sentence that % of their fiefs to the carpet.
So if faction X has 20% of their members banned due to multiaccounting, 20% of their fiefs (randomly selected) gets a carpet-wipe.
how is it brilliant? fiefs do not have the same value, some are empty, others have most of faction resources in

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 07:39:09 am »
how is it brilliant? fiefs do not have the same value, some are empty, others have most of faction resources in

Because i like carpet wipes.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 06:03:42 pm »

Fair for all. For those who cheat, for those that are falsely called a cheater. For those ppl caring of strategus.

A wipe of all gold all items and fiefs reset down to minimum and all points in fiefs back. owners who hold them now to still hold them.

Cant really wipe strat everytime you catch a cheater.

Every game is more or less corrupted by cheat; I understand that the scale of the previous multi-accounts issue was (is) very large but I think it will balance itself with the penalty the cheaters received (stucked fiefs, some armies gone, etc..).

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 01:01:50 am »
+3

Cant really wipe strat everytime you catch a cheater.

Every game is more or less corrupted by cheat; I understand that the scale of the previous multi-accounts issue was (is) very large but I think it will balance itself with the penalty the cheaters received (stucked fiefs, some armies gone, etc..).

They kept all cheated gear, got paused a few days because they had to make some transfers and barely lost troops.
I have no doubt the factions that cheated the most will be crushed, yet all that cheated gear needs to burn. I want carpets and firestaffs.

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 04:43:39 am »
+5

Sounds like a good way to kill off even more of the strat community.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 09:44:40 pm »
+4
Sounds like a good way to kill off even more of the strat community.

Come on, any serious strat player isn't gunna leave because of a wipe.  Yeah maybe casual ones will but its not going kill the community...
Turtles