Author Topic: The Coalition Marches Onward  (Read 10826 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
The Coalition Marches Onward
« on: October 28, 2012, 10:44:04 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Standing on top of the muddy hill in the midst of a sea of tattered brown Coalition flags, the Fallen King Tears the Naive slammed a spear into the ground and raised his hands for attention. Turning slowly as he spoke, Tears deep voice boomed out to the masses and was carried away in the winds towards distant Nova Reyvadin. "Brothers and Sisters in arms, we have grown lazy and complacent, slowly poisoned by standing idle and peaceful for too long. Are we to spend the rest of our lives watching passing traders with suspicion, playing at shopkeepers or farmers and watching as those who oppressed us grow stronger by the day?" Angry murmurs ran through the crowd as heads shook. "I have had a vision..."
Pausing and looking at the remnants of the Fallen Brigade, Holy Romans and The Children of the Great Khans who wandered far from the Steppe and into these strange and cold lands, Tears eyes flashed as he drew his scimitar and held it high, the sunlight glittering off the shining blade. "I have had a vision from the GodKing of BIRD Clan about us tearing down false idols of the ice, visions of snow melting from a sea of boiling blood, visions of the cities of the snow in flames with the Scorpion flying high above!" The mismatched sea of soldiers shook their weapons and grew agitated, eyes flashing with bloodlust and nodding with approval as he continued.
"I have spoken to those we choose to represent us, the Leadership, and we have agreed that it is time to settle old blood debts with blood and steel, and reclaim what is rightfully ours. We have suffered from the rulers of the tundra brushing us off as lessers! We have had a band of rightful Holy Roman conquerors of Faraway Mazigh be accused as thieves and tricksters and chased down and killed, then only told afterwards without chance to defend our rights or explain ourselves, unfairly prosecuted as we are all no strangers of! We have had rightful traders attacked and goods confiscated without explanation or due reason! We have been treated as if vermin, unfairly attacked first at every trouble by this 'Union' of the Knights of the Tundra before they even seek to talk to us! Why should we suffer the presence of such fools and villains, and continue to be oppressed by them where they only send messengers AFTER seizing our goods or executing our brethren?!"
An angry ripple surged through the sea of soldiers as Tears looked to the direction of the sea of ice and frozen trees. A violent-sounding chant for war filled the air as cheers were let loose of the upcoming violence that was promised. "Look to your arms and armor, and prepare yourself for the upcoming storm that we shall create, for the Coalition marches once more for plunder and riches, for the BIRD God King, for blood and steel, for Vengeance, for our fallen brothers and sisters and for HOLY WAR!"

« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 11:00:56 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
Re: The Coalition Marches Onward
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 11:14:45 am »
+12
Good to see that the eastern union finally marches on against UIF... AH WAIT!  :shock:
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline The_Slim

• Count
  • Renown: 220
  • Infamy: 39
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_MAGIC_MISSILE LL_Slim GroundfaultCircuitInterruptr LL_DragonBallzDeep Butlerhands
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 11:19:55 am »
+7
YOLO

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 02:03:56 pm »
+23
Do absolutely nothing in Strat, while still managing to look like dicks, until everyone else is heavily committed to a war.  At the last moment, join the side that looks guaranteed to win, even though no one asked for your help and will probably have even less respect for you when its over for being opportunist cowards.

House Lannister from Game of Thrones, or NA Fallen?

Find out in my next book  A SONG OF SPERGS AND LIARS:  GAME OF TEARS EDITION
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 02:11:08 pm »
+4
Do absolutely nothing in Strat, while still managing to look like dicks, until everyone else is heavily committed to a war.  At the last moment, join the side that looks guaranteed to win, even though no one asked for your help and will probably have even less respect for you when its over for being opportunist cowards.

Oh snap Smoothrich! Hurry all of Fallen minus 1 his post like you do everyone else! That'll learn him...

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 02:34:36 pm »
+5
So basicly your declaring war on KUTT? Or am i misunderstanding something here?
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 04:16:38 pm »
+3
I prefer threads with maps in them.  Also, that graphic is kind of weird since you guys mostly play ranged and only have like 1 cavalry guy.  Either way, I look forward to the exp
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 04:48:01 pm »
+4
A TL:DR version would of been nice tears. ;) I've read it and still don't understand it!

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 05:28:43 pm »
I prefer threads with maps in them.  Also, that graphic is kind of weird since you guys mostly play ranged and only have like 1 cavalry guy.  Either way, I look forward to the exp
COA guys in the lower left corner  :P

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 05:36:17 pm »
+2

I thought the same thing, when does Tears have a spear...ever? And the I read lost steppe people looking to reclaim land and was like here we go again then you talk about burning snow. So your going after Kutt because they killed some traders in their territory. Well that sounds awfully familiar to what BRD did minus the in territory thing.
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 05:38:07 pm »
+4
My most excellent vision of uniting all of NA into following the Godking Partyboy is coming to fruition.

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 05:55:13 pm »
+1

You got it wrong. Fallen are the two guys hiding behind the wall while the cav is BIRD clan who chases the retreating Fallen army with their own looted stuff. It's not a declaration of war, its actually a begging for mercy!
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 07:15:29 pm »
Long Live the NA UIF! Death to all who oppose them! oo wait..

FUCK YOU ALL!!!!         just kidding tho after 2 years of this game Im used to it. I look foward to seeing NA strat die after this debacle is over.
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline In Cauda Venenum

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 21
  • not actually gay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Saturn_of_Chaos
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 08:50:47 pm »
+2
wow, after you sung rick astley in our TS you do this.
fuck you
(click to show/hide)

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 08:56:43 pm »
+2

House Lannister are not opportunistic cowards.

During Robert's rebellion, you have to keep in mind that Tywin was hand of the King. He was sworn to assist and protect the King at all costs. Tywin eventually resigned as hand after the mad king's random and unjustified public executions continued. He returned to Casterly Rock, and joined Robert after ignoring a summons to war by the Mad King.

If anyone was opportunistic, it was the Freys. They did not join a side until the war was practically decided.

TL;DR - Check yoself before you wreck yoself.