Author Topic: Cav Story  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
Re: Cav Story
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 05:17:05 pm »
Just messing with you, but was talking about website kdr just to really see how good you were doing

Ah... that you mean. Well KD sucks as I'm lvl24 and still am on 15/15 build. So I've just started catching up kills  :D At the moment its 96/171, 1:1.8

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 08:06:53 pm »
+2
When my rouncey had difficulties approaching an archer (dieing from arrows) my warhorse catches these arrows with its mouth and spits it back - laughing horribly while doing so!

If only that was true :wink:
Nah, horses can't spit out arrows but they can swallow one and die from it. Even a warhorse.

A good tip to all new cav players is to slow down while trying to dodge projectiles.
Taking a hit at high speed may cause severe damage to both you and the horse due to the speed bonus.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 10:08:23 pm »
Well yes... but for me the jump from champion rouncey (never had the stomach to ride the silly sarranid horse, doesn't fit the western-type horseman theme and I think they're a bit nonsense / op) to champion destrier, it really makes a difference in survivability and what you can do in general.

Champ. rouncey was decent for horse crossbowing though since there you don't have to come in direct contact, but for longsword from horseback having a good horse really makes a difference since you just have to be exposed for longer, and you sometimes have to knock down infantry which the rouncey is not good at - it's liable to get stuck in people.

A champion warhorse would probably be even better, but even a champion destrier with heraldric mail gear forces you to spend some rounds on foot (then again, on many maps you're better off on foot anyway) to make money.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 10:15:54 pm by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 10:31:52 pm »
+3
Are our characters sprinting all out in mount and blade? lol, Heskey needs to get fitter then cos 7athletics is still a light jog by real standards, and you can turn around fast when jogging.

After a few seconds of running, your character will be going pretty fast ("sprint mode"), even with heavy armor on. That is the speed I'm talking about.

And anyway if you really want to go down that path, try arguing that horses in cRPG are as agile as their IRL counterparts.

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 02:08:06 am »
IMO, people who don't use rouncies, coursers, or Arabians are bad at cav. (Dirnoobian)

Courser best IMO. If your going full speed you'll usually 1 hit people exept if your lancer which was originally made to 1 hit people but rarely does couse of latest updates couse infantry QQ'd and achieved another nerf.(make heavy lance 3000 pierce)
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 03:32:34 am »
Oh please.

The damned Sarranid horse was always the best non-armoured horse, and stands a mile above things like the rouncey, you shouldn't be putting them in the same context. Make a mistake? Pull a last-second U-turn in two metres. Rouncey rider is 100% dead. Courser might get away with it just because people didn't have time to react. A Destrier takes less ranged to fire to down, because the Arabian is a nightmare to actually hit due to small size and incredible agility in comparison.

The worst thing is that it won't go with a western style cavalryman  :(
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 06:42:59 pm »
Heavy lance was un-nerfed some (went from 26p to 23p, and now it's 24p at a normal loom level).  I think they are pretty good again, still the best weapon for going up against other cavalry
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy