Author Topic: NA Coalition Diplomacy Update  (Read 2582 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
NA Coalition Diplomacy Update
« on: October 19, 2012, 09:37:18 pm »
+7

TRADING:

The NA Coalition trades with those who let us trade with them, or who have approached us or vice versa.
If you would like to openly trade with us, we welcome you to contact Garem, our NA Trade Diplomat.
See the following link for further details: Coalition Trade Deals

MERCENARIES:
The NA Coalition freely and openly Mercs for anyone who approaches us in a friendly and reasonable fashion.
If you have noticed a pattern in past battles of us consistently mercing for a particular set of factions, that is because said factions routinely contact us and hire us.
If we are not mercing for you, it is simply because you have never contacted us.
There is no conspiracy here, it is a first-come-first-serve basis that favors those factions friendly enough to visit our TS regularly or contact us in other ways. If we keep mercing for a faction it is due to said faction deciding for whatever reason to keep hiring us for either battle participation via actual members or Strategus participation via actual parties.

RELATIONS:
We do not have at this present moment any enemies.
We have noticed a "trend" of people declaring war "for" other factions. Unless we specifically state something, then it is entirely your opinion and not our official stance. We state our own declarations of war, peace and trade. Any and all diplomatic talk is considered official if from an officer only, our members reserve the right to state their own opinions and do not in any way shape nor form represent the Coalition unless explicitly stated as such.

If you wish to be on friendly terms with us instead of distantly neutral, please visit our TS, contact our officers, and otherwise interact with us and let us know you want proper relations with us. We are friendly to those who are friendly to us, and neutral to those who don't communicate with us.

TERRITORIES:
We appreciate it if you contact us before entering our lands. If we regularly communicate with you or have communicated with you in the past and worked out a deal on guests, then that obviously takes precedence. If we are friendly then we allow you to enter without notice. Any army deemed unnecessarily large will be contacted for clarification if friendly.
We freely and without hesitation or warning may choose to use unauthorized guests as "battle training" or "entertainment." This is not a declaration of war, this is us giving you a proper welcome party for not contacting us in the first place as you are trespassing.

You can save a lot of trouble by simply talking to us once if you plan on regularly traveling through our lands.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 11:08:58 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
Re: NA Coalition Diplomacy Update
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 11:06:03 pm »
+5
You're declaring war on the Free Peasants with that font color.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 02:12:10 am »
where's the part about NA Coalition being a Hospitaller vassal who takes orders directly from them to attack Hospitaller enemies on Neutral territory?
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 02:58:00 am »
+1
I wander were I please, ( Hope we can still trade :D)

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 03:22:05 am »
+3
If you're neutral why was I informed that the reason I was attacked is because you are friendly with hospi's and that you wanted to help by attacking me? I've done nothing but defend you guys it almost every diplomatic arguments, I even did it last strat when we were at war! But, now, no I'm done defending you guys and always trying to keep you a good reputation with others. (Any spelling errors or mistakes are hard to correct due to me being on my phone :p) about your mercing, I came into ts and asked for mercs and was told you guys were only allowed to merc for hospi.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 03:43:39 am »
If you're neutral why was I informed that the reason I was attacked is because you are friendly with hospi's and that you wanted to help by attacking me? I've done nothing but defend you guys it almost every diplomatic arguments, I even did it last strat when we were at war! But, now, no I'm done defending you guys and always trying to keep you a good reputation with others. (Any spelling errors or mistakes are hard to correct due to me being on my phone :p) about your mercing, I came into ts and asked for mercs and was told you guys were only allowed to merc for hospi.

That's what happens when you become a Hospitaller vassal.  Every move of yours is dictated by the daddies upstairs, and you end up gladly attacking people who are your friends outside of Strat just to further Hospitaller imperial aims.

Anyone who has been, is right now, or could be in the future be considered an enemy of Hospitallers, needs to not ever trust a word by any Fallen player, only go in their territory to attack their traders and destroy their s and d, never merc for Coalition/Fallen armies, and hey if you're a neighbor of them, maybe you should just wipe out their fiefs while you're at it.  They are thinking the same thing about you as we speak.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Garem

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • The Black Company forums
  • Faction: The Black Company
  • Game nicks: Garem_BlackCompany
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 04:59:18 am »
+4
Well, shit... I had a response, but I haven't heard back from Grandmaster High Lord Peppovitch to get it approved.

brb, Smoothbabe.
The Black Company's Strategus Trainer
http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/black-company-recruiting-na/
Forums: http://nadeathsquad.freeforums.org/
Formerly of the Fallen Brigade, Homeys4Lyfe

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 05:48:32 am »
+2
Well, shit... I had a response, but I haven't heard back from Grandmaster High Lord Peppovitch to get it approved.

brb, Smoothbabe.

Just pointing out to any clans and players who might get the wrong impression from this thread about Coalition diplomacy.  You are in no way neutral and are fully a Hospitaller ally in their war efforts and should be treated as such.

Unless that attack on Blackzilla and refusal to merc for clans fighting Hospitallers was a big misunderstanding, but I don't see anyone disputing that.

Offline To Kill A Dead Horse

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • May be insane
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (Former) The Black Guard, (Current) Swiss AoW
  • Game nicks: To_Kill_A_Dead_Horse, GaugofWar
  • IRC nick: TKADH
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 05:51:27 am »
+1
Probably should have warned you guys that i was going to buy some goods from your fief, but this should be the last time I stop in Ayyike for trade. (Within a few weeks anyways)
Quote from: Baggy
If your going to be staring at your characters ass in game all day it might as well be a female one.
[21:08:47] Downloading Textures/this_is_how_children_see_gnjus_norm.dds

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 06:05:26 am »
+2
Unless that attack on Blackzilla and refusal to merc for clans fighting Hospitallers was a big misunderstanding, but I don't see anyone disputing that.
I'll give this a quick go before you put your usual trollish spin on things Smoothbabe :wink:

He (blackzilla) was attacked as a target of opportunity and because we were being paid by an employer for such things (See above clause "either battle participation via actual members or Strategus participation via actual parties. Note the "via actual parties" bit.

Naturally we will refuse to merc against a current employer as that would be considered backstabbing, yes? Those clans who were kind enough to approach us first will naturally fall under our "first come first serve" policy, as everytime a battle starts there are literally 5 different factions who immediately within minutes of initiating said battle ask us for help, so those who ask later fall short especially if one of the aforementioned parties negotiates for a longer-term deal.

So there you have it, we attacked Blackzilla due to previous mercenary negotiations (in this case an actual party instead of a roster) and refused his ask for help due to already being hired, and it would be backstabbing and terribly dishonest for us to attack an employer who is still employing us and being friendly, right?

Note that in cases of conflicts of interest, we bow out entirely, there were a few Hospitaller VS Shogunate incidents that we avoided entirely due to two separate parties negotiating for future merc work for us, in this case Hospitaller as well as The Empress negotiated for our mercs for future conflict and in several cases not just that one we refused both sides due to us not wanting to fight an employer using another employer (Raiding an employer's caravans though is something else entirely, as Merc work =/= free passage rights).

There you have it, simple and easy terms. I do find it terribly amusing your claims that we are vassals of Hospitaller as that simply is not true, they just have the common courtesy of being friendly with us and communicating regularly with us and thus we are friendly back. We also don't wish the destruction of all of our neighbors, I'm not entirely sure how anyone is to believe that either.

Have a lovely day Smoothbabe, forgive me if I ignore future propaganda responses if they contain more outlandish claims such as vassalage or total-world-domination claims (If we really are seeking the destruction of our neighbors then we are doing an absolutely terribly lazy job of it  :lol: :lol: :lol: ).

And again, remember that our individual members may say things based on their own opinions or perspectives which are not official Fallen stances  :wink:  Any clan that regularly communicates with us is never confused on our stance on things, perhaps if you would like, Hero Party can start talking to us regularly in proper meetings? I openly invite any and all clans to start lines of communication <3

EDIT:
Probably should have warned you guys that i was going to buy some goods from your fief, but this should be the last time I stop in Ayyike for trade. (Within a few weeks anyways)
Yes indeed! Thank you for notifying us, and we greatly prefer if you use NEW TADSAMESH!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 06:12:31 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Garem

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 06:21:59 am »
+1
Smooth, you amuse me. Don't let my laughter keep you from your posting. Please continue.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 08:17:10 am »
+2
Employer, friend, vassal, basically the point here is the same.  If Hospitallers consider you an enemy, so does Fallen.  Consider them hostile if you are involved in any of the current wars on the "wrong" side.  Not with a declaration of war or with bad diplomacy, just unexpected sneak attacks on other people's territory.

Also, the diplomatic situation on EU and NA is quite clear.  Hospitallers are part of the Crusader/Coalition bloc, have been since last strat.  Funny how Fallen are now with the sides (Templar/Hospitallers) that owned them so bad at the start too, but that's how it is now.  And it'd be foolish to pretend there is no collaboration with the NA and EU sides, even if they are both too busy getting owned to do much :D

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 08:22:41 am »
+4
Oh Smoothbabe you adorable you, how I missed your soft trolling in our threads. <3 Good to see you back.

Offline Garem

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 08:30:31 am »
+1
We're respectable businessmen now, see? We sell good gear. Come see it on the Town Centre market, Tadsemesh!

http://forum.meleegaming.com/strategus-general-discussion/na-tadsamesh-buy-sell-strat-gear-no-sd-limit/

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 08:58:26 am »
+2
If you guys are being "employed" to attack someone, you should list your employer as allied and whoever your being paid to attack as an enemy.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies