Author Topic: 落下幕府 [Falling Shogunate]  (Read 10408 times)

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
Re: 落下幕府 [Falling Shogunate]
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2012, 03:39:18 pm »
+2
Strat ain't nothin but S&D's and ticks
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2012, 04:27:09 pm »
Best of luck in the military! Send us a postcard!
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2012, 04:59:04 pm »
Best of luck in the military! Send us a postcard!

Thanks lol
I'm going to be an Airborne Cryptologic Linguist.
I'll be spying on DRZ  :wink:

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2012, 06:36:11 pm »
+2
The Josho Shogunate originally planned to make each clan be its own faction in strategus. We wanted to have a spot to the corner or such and war within ourselves having clans fight each other to make their leaders the shogun. Unfortunately, each clan could not be self-sustained, and there were no strong samurai clans who could challenge the Red Lotus other than Kogado (Empress Guard) and the Ninja, either of which would be inappropriate as they already have the Empress and Master Ninja. We wanted weeaboo vs weeaboo battles more than anything really, even if it meant waring with ourselves. Unfortunately, we soon realized that this would be something our faction simply couldn't afford to do in strategus and abandoned the idea.

Fighting your ninja would have been fun, and I was excited to see the new Uesegi Shogunate forming to challenge our rule. In weeaboo vs weeaboo battles no one has to worry about major disadvantages due to lack of shields or such. I guess you just picked an awkward time for us. You could have messaged me in the forums and I would have gladly accepted and made an army to meet you in the field as soon as I could, instead you attacked an undefended castle (interesting challenge there) while we were at war and being attacked by multiple other factions, etc.

I probably mentioned this before, but it isn't really the attacking of the castle that bothers me, as 400 troops or whatever you had wouldn't be enough to take a castle. What bothered me is having a dozen members nearby who were too inactive to do anything about it. Strategus isn't really something I wanted to play by myself or with one or two people. I have single player for that. Which makes me think some sort of AI should be implemented to use on inactive players, so the game doesn't halt when a few clan members have a life to attend to.

I attacked that castle because I wanted to get a little bit more money so I could buy some fancy katanas before swinging down into the desert to hunt you. And yes I could have warned you about it, I could have also told the folks over at FCC about it too, but that is very un-ninja like. I wanted it to be as authentic as possible and completely go rogue with no one having any idea what the hell I was doing. I will admit I approached a few people 5 or 6 hours before I initiated the battle to gauge interest in joining my cause, but they were Veterans from the great Droozena incident and I only asked a handful from them.

I will give you this offer, if you still want to have a battle I'm sure you can still fund a 100 troop army with asian themed melee weapons and armor. I think ranged weapons should be open to any kind, since their diversity is small. I'll give you a week and a half to prepare, that way if you're wanting to do this we can meet up on October 26th/27th to have the battle. Its a weekend so everyone has a more likely chance of participating. We can do a larger army if you like as well.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2012, 07:30:16 pm »
I attacked that castle because I wanted to get a little bit more money so I could buy some fancy katanas before swinging down into the desert to hunt you. And yes I could have warned you about it, I could have also told the folks over at FCC about it too, but that is very un-ninja like. I wanted it to be as authentic as possible and completely go rogue with no one having any idea what the hell I was doing. I will admit I approached a few people 5 or 6 hours before I initiated the battle to gauge interest in joining my cause, but they were Veterans from the great Droozena incident and I only asked a handful from them.

I will give you this offer, if you still want to have a battle I'm sure you can still fund a 100 troop army with asian themed melee weapons and armor. I think ranged weapons should be open to any kind, since their diversity is small. I'll give you a week and a half to prepare, that way if you're wanting to do this we can meet up on October 26th/27th to have the battle. Its a weekend so everyone has a more likely chance of participating. We can do a larger army if you like as well.

I could do it today if I wanted to. I have plenty of troops and gold on standby.

I just don't really care about strategus anymore :\

Maybe Ninja Khorin would want to do that. As for me, I'm done as soon as I can be done lol. You could initiate the battle yourself if you wanted. Buy cheap katanas and nomad robes in Unuzdaq, give someone 100 troops and then have them attack you lol. What is the fun in that, you say? Beats me.

If you wanted my cooperation in orchestrating a large or small scale weeaboo only battle, you should have asked. I might have told you as soon as the war was over. I might have had a semi-active member equip his troops and meet you the same day you asked lol.

I realize you wanted to be "as ninja as possible" but even still, I don't think it is very Ninja to siege an undefended castle with 400 men and then sit in lands waiting for your target to arrive. We could have orchestrated something much more fun. Very small battles like 10 vs 10 a few times (real ninja attacks 1 life for each person in the battle) and had it Fraps and I would have made a video of it all lol. Also the blatant FCC member and/or sympathizer threats didn't help my willingness or interest in doing anything with you guys what so ever.

Anyways I appreciate your attempts at making strategus more fun and for roleplaying an interesting character. Unfortunately, I'm no longer interested in strategus. Sorry.

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2012, 07:46:53 pm »
+4
I realize you wanted to be "as ninja as possible" but even still, I don't think it is very Ninja to siege an undefended castle with 400 men and then sit in lands waiting for your target to arrive.

An ambush isn't ninja-ish?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2012, 07:51:58 pm »

Ambushing who? No troops were there and it isn't even my castle lol.
But no, I don't think so. Maybe it is, though. I could be wrong. I don't care to argue about it, so if it is, then so be it.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2012, 07:54:47 pm »
+5

Surprise attacks are only legal if initiated by them, not other people. Didn't you get the memo?
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2012, 08:02:09 pm »
Anyways I'm locking this. If anyone still wants to talk about it, make a new thread.

Gmnotutoo, if you wish to continue our conversation send me a PM.

And they lived happily ever after. The end.